Sunday 24th September, 2017
Brighton vs Newcastle, 16.00

Monday 25th September, 2017
Arsenal vs West Brom, 20.00

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We can beat these. We've managed it three times on the trot at home. Nowhere near a given though and I can't believe even Liverpool will be as ineffecient as they were on Tuesday.

Worried about the midfield (shock) but other than that think we're quite well prepared.

It has to be Okazaki and Vardy up front, and I think Gray's earned a start too. Albrighton certainly hasn't.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

I fancy Leicester to keep one though

I doubt it. We used to be excellent at soaking pressure up but I think we've become so reliant on doing it that we eventually pay the price in the end - see Man Utd away.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

We can beat these. We've managed it three times on the trot at home. Nowhere near a given though and I can't believe even Liverpool will be as ineffecient as they were on Tuesday.

Worried about the midfield (shock) but other than that think we're quite well prepared.

It has to be Okazaki and Vardy up front, and I think Gray's earned a start too. Albrighton certainly hasn't.

It's good that they're missing Can and possibly Matip I've heard. 

We cannot play like we did in the first half on Tuesday. We will not get that lucky and go in to HT without conceding xD. Firmino and Salah could tear us apart. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's good that they're missing Can and possibly Matip I've heard. 

We cannot play like we did in the first half on Tuesday. We will not get that lucky and go in to HT without conceding xD. Firmino and Salah could tear us apart. 

Matip is surely a big miss. I think this game's as near to a BTTS banker as you'll get. I can't see either defence handling either attack.

I expect it'll probably be Morgan and Maguire at centre half, although I thought Dragovic had a good game midweek.

I thought Chilwell was steady too, although I wouldn't be too sure about him against Salah. Wouldn't complain if he held onto his place.

We might actually play with a right back this time too.

• Subscriber

If we don't win that shows we have serious underlying problems besides confidence and a tough run of fixtures. I'm confident we put Bournemouth away though.

I don't see why some of the press think it's newsworthy that Calvert-Lewin could be in line for a start tomorrow as if his midweek goals played him into the managers attention, he has always been in the managers attention and starts quite often including the first two league games of the season.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Since both Willian and Pedro have been utterly wank and useless this season, hope we play a 3-5-2 now. Midfield three of Cesc, Bakayoko, Kante with Hazard and Morata up top. 

Rudiger>Cahill 

Early days both can still do a great job. I feel Willian is looking better than Pedro this season. The 3-5-2 is alright but i was not impressed with Hazard in the striker position.

37 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Got a sneaky suspicion we could get turned over 1-0 tomorrow. Southampton will be well up for it after a less than auspicious start and we'll have one eye on midweek.

We will have to miss lots of chances for the game to end 1-0, Martial and Rash will definitely want to get on the score sheet to force their way into the starting lineup for midweek and Luk is gonna wanna score too, I think it's gonna be a good game if Southampton don't play a 5 man defence, getting tired of all teams playing 5 against us :coffee:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Made Aguero my triple point captain in fantasy football and put £10 on us to win at 21/1. Win win both ways.

aguero could get sent off and Man City could still win...

• Subscriber

Think we'll draw today as I am sure the onus over the whole week has been "learn to defend" so the chances of not starting with a high pressure attack is going to be the way forward for the next few games. I could be wrong and we'll just attack from the go but Leicester were missing some key players in the cup game and their attack in the first half was slow. Hoping for a win but a draw or loss seems more realistic. 

Archived