talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Crazy. Batshuayi hatrick on Wednesday, now Morata hatrick. 

How on earth will we survive without Costa? 

Was reading an article through the week where they were claiming that Morata would not be able to replace what Costa gave us.. xD

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

How many goals did morata had vs spurs? 🤔🤔🤔 4 shots zero goals 61% passing. 

And Costa has never scored against Spurs in  5 appearances so that argument collapsed before it even started.

Keep it up  

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

FT and still at the top of the table point wise. looks like its going to be another 14/15 season for Mourinho, his team didnt score the most goals but had the least  Ls, three.(like Conte losing to Burnley)

The team is only going to get better once Pogba and Zlatan are back. 

Youre 2nd 

I kind of want to see United win the league to be honest, just so more gold arguments can keep coming up.

Need to make sure my popcorn machine works every saturday.

• Subscriber

As much as Niasse redemption is one of the best things I've seen for years, we were really poor today. Confidence is part of the issue as is the process of bedding in all of these new players but whether we go three or four at the back, we can safely say shoehorning Klaassen, Rooney and Sigurdsson into the same side just doesn't work.

We're sacrificing our width to get all three of them in the side, that's only worthwhile if these three guys are being massively productive but they aren't. The only man who managed to play a good forward pass from midfield was Tom Davies, whose fearless forward thinking play also led to the second goal. Gueye made one in the first half too but none of our big name number tens.

I expect rotation for the European game on Thursday, but with Keane and Jagielka apparently unlikely for next weekend as well the defence will pick itself apart from the right back where I'd hope to see Kenny preferred to Martina as I've seen nothing to suggest in his two substitute appearances that he isn't ready to act as Coleman's understudy. I'd drop Schneiderlin and Klaassen for now, play Gueye and Davies in midfield with either Sigurdsson or Rooney in front, a front three of Niasse, DCL and Vlasic.

Well I was quite happy with the first half but once Hennessey pussied out for another goal we collapsed.

Man how I miss Speroni in his prime. Hennessey has been visibly at fault for so many goals this season. It's criminal to think he's received a wage over the past two years.

Seeing how mentally fragile we look is of a concern. Losing 2-0 and you can take positives against City, but not 5, Roy has a huge task on his hands keeping us up.

Got away with it. 

Team isn't functioning with Rooney and Klaassen in the side. Davies has got to start games from now. He's the only midfielder we have willing to make a forward run, all the others are either too deep or want to be the players to make the pass. 

Kenny miles better than Martina who's only attribute is crosses from deep. 

Niasse getting all the plaudits and rightfully so, his goals won the game but it wouldn't have happened without Davies. 

Also Calvert-Lewin was good again. He's getting there. 

Archived