talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Generation 'Snowflake'

football forum

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean, removing the words "transgender" from it... do you think that body dysmorphia is a mental illness? Because you could make the argument that transgenders are just a particular form of body dysmorphia and I'm not sure that it's a bad argument at all. Seems more scientifically accurate than telling people there's more than two genders tbh.

I also don't think it's a big deal if people identify as transgenders. It's their life, their body, and if it makes them happy and doesn't hurt anybody... then it's really their business and their business alone. They're in a tough position - because I can empathise with them, but then I hear my friends tell me their young kids' teachers are talking to them about their kid's sexuality and that it's okay to grow up to be a man, a woman, or whatever you want to be... and I don't see why young kids need to be exposed to this kind of shit or having these ideas planted in their brains by the people who've been entrusted to give them a basic education on shit you'd normally expect to learn in school. And shit like that makes me think that the issue has taken this weird turn it shouldn't have ever made.

So do you think Ben just has the balls to publicly say it? Given we are living in a time it’s being celebrated and when the likes of bloody Kris Jenner is winning woman of the year? 

The part that’s extreme for me is when he states it needs to be treated like Alzheimer’s 

Edited by Cicero

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I also don't think it's a big deal if people identify as transgenders. It's their life, their body, and if it makes them happy and doesn't hurt anybody... then it's really their business and their business alone.

Agree with that, I don't have any issues with what someone wants to be in their life and I also agree that people need to be educated to be more accepting or tolerant if you like of others choices but doing it at such a young age I am not sure about??? Could be argued that educating kids early is helpful going forward because they are less likely to be influenced by adults around them with old fashioned views on the subject... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Agree with that, I don't have any issues with what someone wants to be in their life and I also agree that people need to be educated to be more accepting or tolerant if you like of others choices but doing it at such a young age I am not sure about??? Could be argued that educating kids early is helpful going forward because they are less likely to be influenced by adults around them with old fashioned views on the subject... 

No, and it’s why queer kid stuff is an abomination. 

Just now, Cicero said:

So do you think Ben just has the balls to publicly say it? Given we are living in a time it’s being celebrated and when the likes of bloody Kris Jenner is winning woman of the year? 

I mean I think Ben Shapiro has the balls to say a lot of things that may be offensive to a whole lot of people... because I know he does that xD - so yeah, I think he's just okay with taking the hate from transgenders (who likely already hated him in the first place). Honestly, it makes me feel a bit bad I agree with him on this (at least to an extent).

Also lol at us having completely polar opposite views on probably every single Ben Shapiro issue. Just shows you can have two people that can have a whole lot of political differences to each other... and yet I think we get on pretty fucking well, and at very least we aren't absolute cunts to each other. We should be used as an example of how to properly debate politics.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Kris Jenner has had a lot of work done but I don't think she's switched genders. It was Caitlyn Jenner.

I think the people that campaigned heavily for Caitlyn Jenner have dropped her like a stone as well. Apparently she has different opinions to theirs so they turned on her.

Offering any sort of differing perspective is a bad PR move. Social media has allowed morons to congregate.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I can see the rationale behind that argument. A counterpoint though is that kid's are fucking stupid and there's a better way to teach children to be open minded and tolerant without maybe confusing people, or giving kids ideas they probably wouldn't have had on their own.

I think talking to kids about their sexuality before they've gone through puberty is absolutely fucking pointless, at best. It's weird though to be introducing sexuality to children - like when you're 5 or 6 do you know a fucking thing about any of that? No, and you're not supposed to.

• Upvote 1

Australian vegan woman suing her neighbours to stop barbecuing meat and  having the smells wafting into her backyard...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/vegan-woman-demands-neighbour-stop-using-meat-on-barbecue-due-to-smell/news-story/722227ad0000e8cbf9ac8a0e8a554b95

It went viral and a Facebook group has been created to organise a massive public barbecue in the street outside her house... 🤣

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

Australian vegan woman suing her neighbours to stop barbecuing meat and  having the smells wafting into her backyard...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/vegan-woman-demands-neighbour-stop-using-meat-on-barbecue-due-to-smell/news-story/722227ad0000e8cbf9ac8a0e8a554b95

It went viral and a Facebook group has been created to organise a massive public barbecue in the street outside her house... 🤣

Her attempt at suing someone was ridiculous but I also think rubbing it in her face is a bit mean and unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Read that about a week ago... she lost the case because what she was demanding was way over the top, like stopping the kids from playing in the garden and stuff like that on top of the BBQ issue.. silly really

1 hour ago, Batard said:

The whole vegan stuff concerns me a bit. In the UK a baby died of malnutrition because of the parents deciding the baby should be vegan too. Shit is getting out of hand 

Again, this is about forcing a belief of an adult on to a child who has zero say in the direction of their lives and this one proved costly... as you say, it all seems to be getting way out of hand now.. 

On 13/09/2019 at 02:31, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can see the rationale behind that argument. A counterpoint though is that kid's are fucking stupid and there's a better way to teach children to be open minded and tolerant without maybe confusing people, or giving kids ideas they probably wouldn't have had on their own.

I think talking to kids about their sexuality before they've gone through puberty is absolutely fucking pointless, at best. It's weird though to be introducing sexuality to children - like when you're 5 or 6 do you know a fucking thing about any of that? No, and you're not supposed to.

We are going to see a generation of people who are going to spend a chunk of their lives identifying as queer/non-binary before realising that they aren’t, and were only doing it because it was deemed socially cool.

It's important to raise awareness of alternate sexualities, but like you said that it needs to be done with older kids. Not at 4-5.

I also think some of it is to do with 'woke' parents. Drowned in their obsession of likes and RTs they might actually be encouraging this behaviour to gain popularity amongst their friends, which is hugely different from supporting your kid. 

14 hours ago, 6666 said:

Sam Smith is now gender-neutral? Wants to be referred to as they/them instead of he/him... the fuck..?

Is "personality" and "gender" now the same thing?

Whatever you feel you are, people must treat you as such, so as not to cause offence.

If you want to be a toaster I will have no choice but to address you as such and communicate with you in accordance with your wishes. I will bring you bread and push your button and watch as you make robotic beeping noises. When you tell me the toast is ready I will thank you for doing your toasterly duties and pretend you haven't just handed me back raw bread.

That's where we seem to be at now. Freedom of speech still exists but it's hard to publically criticise this type of movement without being framed as callous. But you do genuinely wonder where this path leads if this becomes the mindset...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 6666 said:

Sam Smith is now gender-neutral? Wants to be referred to as they/them instead of he/him... the fuck..?

Is "personality" and "gender" now the same thing?

Ridiculous xD But he's a "male feminist", so it's clear that he's got issues. 

On 15/09/2019 at 03:16, Harry said:

If you want to be a toaster I will have no choice but to address you as such and communicate with you in accordance with your wishes. I will bring you bread and push your button and watch as you make robotic beeping noises. When you tell me the toast is ready I will thank you for doing your toasterly duties and pretend you haven't just handed me back raw bread.

I genuinely lol'd at that xD

You're spot on though.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Facebook in Australia have announced they will remove the "likes" quantity from being displayed, for the well-being of its users....

I oppose it. This kind of measure just further exacerbates the hyper sensitivity that already exists...

I think likes and favorites are one of the many things that creates unhealthy obsession over social media. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/09/2019 at 18:19, nudge said:

I realise that; I was wondering if those factors are taken into account as control variables in the studies that look at the wage gap or not. 

There are some different numbers being thrown around but when I looked into the "a woman makes 77 cents for every dollar a man makes" claim, they literally just took the respective combined wages of men and women and divided them per capita, not taking into account experience, working hours, different jobs, etc. Needless to say this is grossly misleading, because when you say "a woman makes 77 cents for every dollar a man makes", it implies that when a man and a woman are hired for exactly the same job, the woman will on average make 77% of what the man does. From what I remember (it's been a few years), studies that do take all the aforementioned factors into account put the number at around 95%.

I'm sure there are countless other studies out there, but as the old saying goes, statistics are kind of like terrorists in that they'll tell you what you want when you torture them enough. I just wish people would stop throwing these numbers out there as if they're some sort of undisputed and universally applicable truth when it is always going to be more complex than that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Facebook in Australia have announced they will remove the "likes" quantity from being displayed, for the well-being of its users....

I oppose it. This kind of measure just further exacerbates the hyper sensitivity that already exists...

Just reading about that now... 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

I think likes and favorites are one of the many things that creates unhealthy obsession over social media. 

Sad that so many youngsters and adults for that matter live their life by how many likes a simple picture gets or doesn't get.... 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just reading about that now... 

Sad that so many youngsters and adults for that matter live their life by how many likes a simple picture gets or doesn't get.... 

I read a few weeks back that Instagram (owned by Facebook of course) are thinking of hiding the amount of likes a photo gets and only showing it to the individual who posted it. I like that idea, takes away from the feeling like you need to live up to X number of likes.

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

I read a few weeks back that Instagram (owned by Facebook of course) are thinking of hiding the amount of likes a photo gets and only showing it to the individual who posted it. I like that idea, takes away from the feeling like you need to live up to X number of likes.

Might that not lead to feelings of self-doubt though??? Watching someone else put up a cute cat picture and then wondering if it was more liked than yours?? Might that not also have consequences later in life?? 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Hmm but if the user can still see the number of likes (as it's only hidden from others), I'd suspect they would still feel inadequate if they receive less likes than they expected to when posting the photo? I believe it's not only just about social comparison of "who's more popular", but primarily about deriving their self worth and getting social validation through others in shape of likes and comments. In that case, this new feature might do something in relieving social pressure a bit I guess but it won't change anything when it comes to issues related to external validation and social acceptance from individual point of view though. 

Anyway if that means that it at least renders "influencers" completely irrelevant then it's great already.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Anyway if that means that it at least renders "influencers" completely irrelevant then it's great already.

I think we have 'influencers' on here.. For example the likes of @Batard and @Devil-Dick Willie when they announce another Mafia or Werewolf game I am like "ooh must try that" They are everywhere Nudge... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3