talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Harry Kane wins the 2018 World Cup Golden Boot

football forum

football forum

lionel-messi-breaks-argentina-goal-recor

maxresdefault.jpg

gettyimages-543130982.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

The three hitman above are the bookies' favourite to win the Golden Boot at World Cup 2018 but who do you think will take the crown? Will it be one to remember for the GOAT Lionel Messi or will Gary Cahill turn into the striker we always hoped he would be and surprise the footballing world?

I'm getting the feeling its Griezmann's year. Sure he's been underwhelming since finishing 3rd in the Ballon D'or Gala, but I think he has a great shot at it here. That or it could be like every year and be a revelation. I want it to be Edison Flores but it will probably be Luis Tejada :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It’s probably going to be an unlikely player as has happened many times (not always, mostly) at a World Cup.

That is why i said Michy Batshuayi. He'll probably score 7 unimportant goals that still lead to Belgium tumbling out in the second round.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

That is why i said Michy Batshuayi. He'll probably score 7 unimportant goals that still lead to Belgium tumbling out in the second round.

Yeah, I was messing about last night with Batshuayi’s whole name sounding like someone’s sneezing. I caught what you meant and why I thought that indeed it will probably be someone unlikely.

You are right with the top scorer, as it's usually someone very unexpected.

This is why I said Paulinho could do it. I wasn't even taking the piss.

Not even Pele has ever been top scorer in a world cup, he has obviously been among the top scorers in a tournament, just as Messi was among them last time, Romario was in 94, Maradona in 86, Batistuta in 98, etc, i.e players you expect, although they are rarely the actual top scorer of the tournament other than Ronaldo in 2002, Muller in the 70s and Eusebio in 66, when England won it. It's usually someone more unexpected.

James Rodriguez was the top scorer last time for example. It could be someone like Gabriel Jesus. We all know of the young lad's talent, but we wouldn't expect him to outscore Messi, Suarez, C.Ronaldo, Neymar, etc in any other situation.

• Upvote 2