talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 14th February - Real Madrid 3-1 Paris Saint-Germain (1st Leg)

football forum

Real Madrid vs PSG  

4 members have voted

1. 1. The Result

2. 2. How Many Goals?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thank God Real Madrid pulled goals back. Because while I don't really like them... I fucking cannot stand the oil money clubs.

Real Madrid are a oil money club, too. They even removed the cross from their logo to get the oil money.

The differences are Real Madrid's oil came from an investor, not the owner of the club and they didn't get nearly as much.

Just now, BartraPique1932 said:

Real Madrid are a oil money club, too. They even removed the cross from their logo to get the oil money.

The differences are Real Madrid's oil came from an investor, not the owner of the club and they didn't get nearly as much.

They're also Franco's club so they're always going to be a bunch of cunts.

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Emery is such a strange manager. Full control and decides to take Cavani out just for the heck of it. 

Not the first time he's made some bizarre decisions. 

I think taking Cavani out made sense, he was having a very poor match. What I don't understand is why opted for Draxler instead of Di Maria, who's been PSG best player in 2018. As for Real, one must admire how they always get it done in Europe somehow. A true big club, something which PSG can only dream to be. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 14th February - Real Madrid 3-1 Paris St Germain (1st Leg)
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Great effort by Marcelo, bad effort by Areola.

eh? he's shinned it in to the ground. 

Also, why did Emery take Cavani off and go defensive? Absurd subs. 

4 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

The finish wasn't perfect, but it was also technically challenging. Marcelo practially set up his own goal.

I agree that it wasn't a perfect finish, but Areola's vision was covered by Marquinhos, I believe. He had very little time to react.

51 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

The fans own Real Madrid. They’re not a PLC and haven’t got a master although with Florentino Pérez it does seem like they have.

As for removing their cross for Islamic Gulf nations, they’re not the only ones who’ve done it because their arch rivals do it too with Saint George’s Cross. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The fans own Real Madrid. They’re not a PLC and haven’t got a master although with Florentino Pérez it does seem like they have.

It could be a fan-owned club, but the handling of the club by Florentino is essentially an autocracy, with draconian requirements to become a candidate for presidency (that only he could meet).

• Subscriber

Only saw the highlights as was watching the other game but from what I saw PSG didn't really have too many chances and the front three didn't really operate as effectively as they did in the group stages? Did Mbappe even play? 

Good win for Real Madrid, but it was much much closer than the result suggest. PSG facing the same problems like last season, breaking under pressure. Their biggest problem is a fairly weak league, when they face an opponent of similar or superior quality they break down. However i still think it will be an interesting tie in Paris but heavy advantage Real. 

The problem Paris Saint-Germain has is the same one as always because you can take that pre-signed chequebook out as much as you like and convince as many very talented players as you can to come to you, but the reality is that Ligue1 is absolutely shit.  I've even read on here that Ligue1 isn't that far away from Italy's Serie 'A' which is ridiculous... Serie 'A' is nowhere near what it once was this is true, but to compare Ligue1 and even try a mutter under your breath that it could even be better is pure stupidity.

PSG's problem is that they "compete" in Ligue1 and they have literally no competition.  Whenever they take a match in Ligue1 seriously, they absolutely pummel their rival and only ridiculous rotation by Unai Emery in league matches or taking the opponent as a non professional team sometimes gives you some off the cuff results.

Obviously due to the talent Paris Saint-Germain have at their disposal, if a team isn't on their guard, they can get done if they're effective on their day.  They did it to Barcelona in Paris last season only for the Spanish club to put things correctly back into nature's food-chain cycle two weeks later.  Yesterday (last night) PSG had their chances and could even have been out of sight in the first half had they been effective.  But they were playing against a club that's seen themselves in their lowest moment of confidence since the 1940s (check the stats for that one, it's true).  It's got nothing whatsoever to do with the mystique of the European Cup (Champions League) because there's no such thing as that, there's only reality and reality could've (should've) manifested itself yesterday.  Football is like that... People get their brain cells all muddled up by final scores and forget the whole context of the game.  Things don't happen by accident in football, they occur because of events and the small details that turn those events for a final outcome.

Gerard Piqué said this about Neymar Jr leaving to PSG;

"If he has indeed moved to PSG to win the Ballon d'Or and to be recognised as the best player in the world, he should've stayed where he was because in Ligue1 he will be invisible and only appear when the world watches on European nights.  He'd better win the Champions League or nobody will care about anything else."

Harry Kane has more chance than Neymar to win the Ballon d'Or and justifiably so!

• The title was changed to Wednesday 14th February - Real Madrid 3-1 Paris Saint-Germain (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived