talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

I'm going to try making my own Bao for the first time and making some pork dumplings. It's supposed to be pretty easy so I looked online on how to do it and I think the hardest thing is folding the dumplings - but it should be good because bao dumplings are fucking delicious.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm going to try making my own Bao for the first time and making some pork dumplings. It's supposed to be pretty easy so I looked online on how to do it and I think the hardest thing is folding the dumplings - but it should be good because bao dumplings are fucking delicious.

Let us know how it went. And yes, folding these things can be extremely frustrating, but also very rewarding if it goes right. 

46 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Daaamnn this was a simple yet tasty meal.

Mexican Chicken Stew.

A bit unorthodox with my cheesy ciabatta’s but each to their own eh ;) 

CEA32D5F-69C0-458B-8700-B01231EFBBB4.thumb.jpeg.157bece7cc5db9d6571b9cfaa5b8b36c.jpeg

Looks nice.

I bet it'll look the same when it leaves your body too xD

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 3

On 14/01/2021 at 01:57, Tommy said:

Let us know how it went. And yes, folding these things can be extremely frustrating, but also very rewarding if it goes right. 

I put off doing it for a while... then I burned them :(

Whoops, I'll try that again this weekend.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

No picture, but I've recently discovered my new favourite salad - basically just grated Kohlrabi and (sour) apple, with some lime juice as a dressing. It's great for a very light meal, very refreshing. I usually have it after a workout, along with an open trout or salmon sandwich. 

Also, does anyone have a good pico de gallo recipe?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, nudge said:

No picture, but I've recently discovered my new favourite salad - basically just grated Kohlrabi and (sour) apple, with some lime juice as a dressing. It's great for a very light meal, very refreshing. I usually have it after a workout, along with an open trout or salmon sandwich. 

Sounds interesting.

I sometimes use Apples in Salads though I haven't for ages. I do love a Waldorf Salad in Summer, with apple, celery, grapes, walnuts and a mayo dressing.

I could literally eat a bowl of that and Potato Salad and that would hit the spot for me.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sounds interesting.

I sometimes use Apples in Salads though I haven't for ages. I do love a Waldorf Salad in Summer, with apple, celery, grapes, walnuts and a mayo dressing.

I could literally eat a bowl of that and Potato Salad and that would hit the spot for me.

I don't like mayo, so most of my salads have a simple olive oil & vinegar or olive oil & lime juice dressing... Even potato salad I prefer in Swabian/Bavarian style - with beef broth, mustard, vinegar and oil :D 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I don't like mayo, so most of my salads have a simple olive oil & vinegar or olive oil & lime juice dressing... Even potato salad I prefer in Swabian/Bavarian style - with beef broth, mustard, vinegar and oil :D 

What kind of crazy individual are you? Ruining Potato Salad like that?

You disgust me! xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

:o

I enjoy Mayo especially when I get a Subway Melt.. Tons of the stuff in there, Also very tasty in a Tuna sandwich... Yum!! 

Licking Jackie Chan GIF

I wouldn't mind mayo (the taste is fine), but it's just too heavy/fatty for me... If I eat more than just a spoonful or so, I get slightly nauseous. Same with all fatty and sugary foods, really :(  Good in terms of maintaining weight effortlessly though xD 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not going to lie, I would be slightly dubious of that haha.

Definitely a 'sniff before you try' effort xD

Haha, tastes much better than it looks... But yeah, I was suspicious when I first tried it, too xD Much prefer it over the mayo version these days...

21 hours ago, nudge said:

I found a good pick de gallo recipe online a while back. I’ll try to find the exact one and share it with you.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Piccata Milanese. One of my favorite dishes. Only had it at Restaurants before, so I wanted to cook it for myself once. Turned out quite nice. 😊

IMG_20210126_152758.jpg

Looks very nice! Chicken, right? 

• Thanks 1