talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th March - Man Utd (1) 1-2 (2) Sevilla (2nd Leg)

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Nzonzi looked absolute class tonight. I think he’s the player that Pogba wants to be.

The £500k Pogba that Utd sold was better than the £90m Pogba right now. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have to say that this is all so hilarious!  And I only feel for the genuine Man Utd fans that understand what the club should be about.

The unfortunate truth is that United aren't a football club, they are a brand. A few other PL clubs suffer from this but United are the ones that suffer the most. 

N'Zonzi has improved ten fold since moving to Spanish football, it was a good move for him and has bettered him as a player.

That's not to say he wasn't good over here though either as he was Rovers' player of the season one year(and generally a solid performer) and Dickie was always fond of him at Stoke for a reason.

Agree on the punditry point, Scholes and Ferdinand were embarrassing. I get they played at the very highest level, but the come across so elitist and above anyone when they talk football. They never actually break down the game for me, its just the usual "I don't know where the passion and desire is..."

• Administrator
Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

N'Zonzi has improved ten fold since moving to Spanish football, it was a good move for him and has bettered him as a player.

That's not to say he wasn't good over here though either as he was Rovers' player of the season one year(and generally a solid performer) and Dickie was always fond of him at Stoke for a reason.

such an under-rated player. I remember him being overly aggressive when he was here (perhaps due to Stoke's style) but he's flourished even more in Spain. You wouldn't expect a player who played like he did for Stoke to play so calmly and dare I say gracefully in a Champions League side like Sevilla's. Really like the way he plays his game. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Why?  Because they're fourth in the Premier League?

Actually that shows something or could do.

No, because they're better on paper. Have another look at the PL table, by the way

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I agree they were favourites but they've treated them like they're Stoke. Man Utd get talked up for winning the Europa League yet Sevilla won it three times before them.

It's all to create this fallacy that the Premier League is stronger than it actually is. It looks now like there will be probably two PL sides in the last eight, which is an improvement but still a way off the top.

This thread is spot on as well. Mourinho had an absolute shocker;

Mourinho's got previous for this. I remember Chelsea fans celebrating like mad when they parked the bus and secured a 0-0 draw at the Vicente Calderon before quickly realising they were in deep shit when Atleti scored at the Bridge.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

The £500k Pogba that Utd sold was better than the £90m Pogba right now. 

Ferguson was right to bin the shit cunt. Juventus absolutely mugged us off, full well knowing the midfield around him hid the massive decencies that we now see.

• Subscriber

These are the type of nights we have needed. After a week of tension, warnings and petty squabbling I’m just glad we can all come together as one and just enjoy United being humiliated in Europe. Thank you for sharing this moment with me 

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

No, because they're better on paper. Have another look at the PL table, by the way

Mourinho's got previous for this. I remember Chelsea fans celebrating like mad when they parked the bus and secured a 0-0 draw at the Vicente Calderon before quickly realising they were in deep shit when Atleti scored at the Bridge.

I don't know what you mean mate. What am I meant to see within the Premier League table?

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Why?  Because they're fourth in the Premier League?

Actually that shows something or could do.

I don't know wha pt you mean mate. What am I meant to see within thr Premier League table?

Utd aren't 4th in the league. They're 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

That United are second, not fourth maybe?

Yeah... I meant to say Sevilla are fourth and that this means nothing. Sevilla are team built to perform playing football while you know as well as I do your club is an absolute mess in this sense. Too many coaches, too many ideas and now a guy that wants to kill everyone into a curious death of boredom.  

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

To be fair to Mourinho, he's been quite honest and not angry as expected. Hasn't blamed the players or referees for once! 

I heard him blame the players' attitude.

• Subscriber

I've steered away from bashing Mourinho this season because United have looked better than they have at any point since Fergie left. However, this is such a poor (and deserved) result that it beggars belief this same United side won at Arsenal and beat Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea at home. I tend to snigger at people who say its all down to De Gea and a bit of luck but maybe they have a point.

I don't watch United enough to bother arguing about tactics, pragmatism, parking the bus or how shit Pogba is. Bottom line is that it's nothing short of disgraceful for United to lose this tie in this manner when they've spent the money they have. Lukaku, Pogba, Matic, Martial all big money signings that would go straight to club record fees for Sevilla. Really a dreadful underperformance.

I keep forgetting that Sanchez went to United as well. It's fun because then every time I see him on the pitch in a United shirt I remember what a shower of shite he's been since he moved there and how little sympathy I have for him after the way he followed the money to United instead of taking a lower wage to actually win things at City.

Yeah... I meant to say Sevilla are fourth and that this means nothing. Sevilla a re team built to perform playing football while you know as well as I do your club is an absolute mess in this sense. Too many coaches, too many ideas and now a guy that wants to kill everyone into a curious death of boredom.  

They're 5th. That's the point; they won't be back in the Champions League next year. In fact, they're closer to 13th than they are to 4th.

Sevilla really aren't that good. They didn't even play well tonight - their approach was better than United's, but their execution was awful all night apart from in the 5 minutes when they scored twice. They're better than the BT pundits wanted to give them credit for, but they were absolutely there for the taking if United were interested.

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

They're 5th. That's the point; they won't be back in the Champions League next year. In fact, they're closer to 13th than they are to 4th.

Sevilla really aren't that good. They didn't even play well tonight - their approach was better than United's, but their execution was awful all night apart from in the 5 minutes when they scored twice. They're better than the BT pundits wanted to give them credit for, but they were absolutely there for the taking if United were interested.

That means nothing mate.  Sevilla were better over two legs and the fact they didn't have to play at their best (something they were showing in the first half of the season) shows what a fable we're fed over here. What the pundits were infact doing is what's been done many times before... defending the product!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived