Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Tuesday 3rd April - Juventus 0-3 Real Madrid (QF 1st Leg)

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You'd think Juve would be aiming for revenge 

If only that was enough to be a sure reason to win something. Juve are going to have to do a lot to get past this tie but I'd rather play Real in a two legged game than in a one off where they just cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross, cross...

and...

Cross again!

• Upvote 1

same starting XI for Real as the one that started the final last season. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

same starting XI for Real as the one that started the final last season. 

I wouldn't want to cross paths with that XI in this competition.

I really hope Juve make it through this tie. Ronaldo's in insane goal scoring form (which is incredible considering all the people who were saying he's finished at the beginning of the season) and Madrid are Madrid. But I would like that immensely.

Although the better Real Madrid and Barca do this season, the less likely it is they start doing things like trying to take Mo away from us... so there's also that.

42 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I really hope Juve make it through this tie. Ronaldo's in insane goal scoring form (which is incredible considering all the people who were saying he's finished at the beginning of the season) and Madrid are Madrid. But I would like that immensely.

Although the better Real Madrid and Barca do this season, the less likely it is they start doing things like trying to take Mo away from us... so there's also that.

i'm the exact opposite.     i'm hoping that they would win the UCL again for zidane to keep his job.     if they're able to beat juventus then only bayern and barca can stop them ....

but the latest news on James Rodriguez is bayern still don't want to activate his buy out clause, maybe, i'm hopeful that Madrid would take James back and they don't buy Mhmd Salah

• Upvote 1

Juve 0-1 Real. 

That man Ronaldo does it again. 118 in the CL!

Huge uphill task for Juventus already. 38th goal of the season for Ronaldo but he "only scores goals" so not an all time great.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Sensational tap-in from three yards. 

ronaldo's style of play today is the same as ruud van nistelrooy or dmitar berbatov.   

• Upvote 1

Higuain with Juve's best chance. Point blank save from Keylor Navas. Think it was straight at him but reflexes great nevertheless. 

What a stunning reflex save that was.. Outstanding 

FUCKING BASTARD REFEREE, doesn't card Kroos who deserved it and cards Betancur who clearly didnt.

10 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

ronaldo's style of play today is the same as ruud van nistelrooy or dmitar berbatov.   

I can see him in his 40s scoring at least 20 goals per season at Sporting if he wants to keep playing. He's cartainly capable of reaching the 1000 mark.

Jesus... what a fucking disgrace going down like that for hardly a touch.. 

Juve can't say they haven't had chances to get back in to this game and go level. Chiellini misses a free header from 6 yards.

34 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Sensational tap-in from three yards. 

bALON D'OR

football forum
Just now, Cicero said:

bALON D'OR

Tapon D'or

That was a great chance, very badly done by Dybala not passing it to Higuain on time.

A shame Messi didn't score the exact same goal Ronaldo did. Would love to read through six pages of "Lionel fucking Messi does it again." and "That's the 17th different team Messi has scored against in the first five minutes of a Champions League game #GOAT".

• Thanks 1

should have been a penalty for handball from Casemiro.

Dybala then gets booked for simulation. 

football forum
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A shame Messi didn't score the exact same goal Ronaldo did. Would love to read through six pages of "Lionel fucking Messi does it again." and "That's the 17th different team Messi has scored against in the first five minutes of a Champions League game #GOAT".

What the hell are you on about? Ronaldo is amazing in scoring in the biggest games but he's become so limited these days. He's not got the same physique as in the old days nor dribbling. He's become a tactical player, who is the most unstoppable off-the-ball player in the world. That doesn't make him one of the best 5 players in the world compared to when he was arguably the best, where as Messi you could put him in any formation and he will always create magic.

I think it was Rebel who said it but Messi is magic, Ronaldo is effectiveness. He steps up when most needed.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

What the hell are you on about? Ronaldo is amazing in scoring in the biggest games but he's become so limited these days. He's not got the same physique as in the old days nor dribbling. He's become a tactical player, who is the most unstoppable off-the-ball player in the world. That doesn't make him one of the best 5 players in the world compared to when he was arguably the best, where as Messi you could put him in any formation and he will always create magic.

I think it was Rebel who said it but Messi is magic, Ronaldo is effectiveness. He steps up when most needed.

Does everyone need to bring it up every time he scores? We get it, people think Ronaldo is just a frontman, he's not very good at football etc etc. Aside from the fact it comes across as pathetically bitter it's just boring.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Blue said:

I'm not saying any of that. I'm just laughing at the double standard of Ronaldo scoring in this game and the majority of people just mock him for it being a tap in whereas if Messi did the exact same thing we'd get endless pages of the Barcelona fan club having a cheeky wank together and posting tweets about Leo's latest records.

• Upvote 1