talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 1st May - Real Madrid (4) 2-2 (3) Bayern Munich (SF 2nd Leg)

Real were horrible over the two legs but two silly mistakes by Bayern players, one in each leg, gave Real the tie away. Bayern despite having so many chances in both the legs couldnt capitalise and bury the tie. I guess it just wasnt meant to be for them.

I totally expect Real to improve very well in the next 25 days and they will comfortably win against Liverpool (or Roma).

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That was a brilliant game. Games like that are far more entertaining than watching one of them capitulate and the other fucks their arses 5-0 like we've had a few times in these kinds of games.

But I really do think Liverpool can win the whole thing. I think as good as that game was, both sides showed some weaknesses in defence.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Did you guys notice how immensely Rudy and Wagner helped Bayern in their glorious victory tonight? Such a smart transfer policy!

no but I noticed immediately how Sven Ulreich helped them. Oh wait...

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

Real were horrible over the two legs but two silly mistakes by Bayern players, one in each leg, gave Real the tie away. Bayern despite having so many chances in both the legs couldnt capitalise and bury the tie. I guess it just wasnt meant to be for them.

I totally expect Real to improve very well in the next 25 days and they will comfortably win against Liverpool (or Roma).

Yup. With Carvajal back as well, you can fully expect it will be a cross galore. 

The only thing going for Liverpool is how effecient they have been infront of the net. But given Klopp's record in finals, can they keep up that effeciency?

Hope Liverpool win. But they won't. 

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I agree. Everyone in the last game was talking about how well ribery played,and while he might have created danger, that chance he missed in the first leg cost them the game. Too many people sympathizing over a team that should have put it to bed. Their own faults and well done to RM who did what was needed.

You´re an interesting journalist, commenting on one match although you watched another one!

Just now, Cicero said:

Yup. With Carvajal back as well, you can fully expect it will be a cross galore. 

The only thing going for Liverpool is how effecient they have been infront of the net. But given Klopp's record in finals, can they keep up that effeciency?

Hope Liverpool win. But they won't. 

Im 99% sure Liverpool cant win it, even if they win it I would assume it would be one freak result. No way Real are losing the championship now after beating PSG, Juve and Bayern. 

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

That was a brilliant game. Games like that are far more entertaining than watching one of them capitulate and the other fucks their arses 5-0 like we've had a few times in these kinds of games.

But I really do think Liverpool can win the whole thing. I think as good as that game was, both sides showed some weaknesses in defence.

As I mentioned earlier, Liverpool are capable but I'm worried we'll see a repeat of last year where the weaker on-the-pitch side lost because of Real's superior midfield. Henderson, Milner, the Ox have been great from what I have seen, but lets face it they don't matchup at all to Kroos, Modric and Casemiro. 

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

You´re an interesting journalist, commenting on one match although you watched another one!

Erm, excuse me?

1 minute ago, Blue said:

As I mentioned earlier, Liverpool are capable but I'm worried we'll see a repeat of last year where the weaker on-the-pitch side lost because of Real's superior midfield. Henderson, Milner, the Ox have been great from what I have seen, but lets face it they don't matchup at all to Kroos, Modric and Casemiro. 

They did pretty well against Silva, DeBryune, and Fernandinho 

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Or are you just a liar?

I was commenting on the last game, read my post again.

None of what I said in this thread transfers to the actual game itself.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

They did pretty well against Silva, DeBryune, and Fernandinho 

I would agree but it was the same last year. Juve's midfield wasn't THAT bad and did well against some other strong teams, but Kroos and Modric are the 2 best midfielders in the world. If they click, I just can't see Liverpool stopping them. Its a matter of IF though.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

no but I noticed immediately how Sven Ulreich helped them. Oh wait...

He's actually a good goalkeeper. I've never seen him make such a mistake. I'd say he's about as good as any 2nd choice goalkeeper, even if we only look at elite clubs.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I would agree but it was the same last year. Juve's midfield wasn't THAT bad and did well against some other strong teams, but Kroos and Modric are the 2 best midfielders in the world. If they click, I just can't see Liverpool stopping them. Its a matter of IF though.

Juve also sat back 80% of the game, which is mental against Real. 

Liverpool won't do that because Klopp is insane. 

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Was the Marcelo handball really a handball? I can't see how he can get his hand out of the way even if he wanted to with the way he jumped in.

The ball hit his left arm which was away from his body... he tucked his right arm close to him but not the left one... its a clear handball 

Just now, Cicero said:

Juve also sat back 80% of the game, which is mental against Real. 

Liverpool won't do that because Klopp is insane. 

Yeah true, I hope you're right on this anyways. Liverpool will look to drive forward constantly, and that's the way to attack Real Madrid I think. Just watch out for that midfield.

---------------------------------------------------------

I just saw the Marcelo handball. Shocking he hasn't called that but it looked outside the box to me-

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Asura said:

The ball hit his left arm which was away from his body... he tucked his right arm close to him but not the left one... its a clear handball 

Another thing that could have changed the tie then. Had that been given who knows what would have happened because it was very close to half-time. Still no excuse for Bayern really they should have buried this team at home and come here to put it to bed.

Someone also needs to teach Hummels to head towards goal or back into the box because for the amount of chances that boy gets he should be doing better.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Tolisso and Thiago dominated the midfield tonight for most of the game. Ox is a big loss to Liverpool, but I can see Kroos and Modric having problem with the physicality and pace imposed by Liverpool. 

As @The Rebel CRS mentioned, Real haven´t been convincing this season. I expect big changes in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Was the Marcelo handball really a handball? I can't see how he can get his hand out of the way even if he wanted to with the way he jumped in.

Mate that was a clear handball... the fact he had his hand out but tucked close to his body was just a deception so it did not look so obvious and he got away with it.. Tell me anyone that jumps up defending with their hand in that position?? The fact that players can keep getting away with it is what fucks me off most.. like all that fake rolling around.. 

Just now, El_Loco said:

Tolisso and Thiago dominated the midfield tonight for most of the game. Ox is a big loss to Liverpool, but I can see Kroos and Modric having problem with the physicality and pace imposed by Liverpool. 

As @The Rebel CRS mentioned, Real haven´t been convincing this season. I expect big changes in the summer. 

I was talking about them clicking when it most matters, which in this case it will be a final and I expect them to show up as they have both shown time and time again they are big game players just like Ronaldo is.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Mate that was a clear handball... the fact he had his hand out but tucked close to his body was just a deception so it did not look so obvious and he got away with it.. Tell me anyone that jumps up defending with their hand in that position?? The fact that players can keep getting away with it is what fucks me off most.. like all that fake rolling around.. 

Well he definitely fooled me and apparently the ref as well because when I saw the replay I couldn't tell from the angle whether he was genuinely jumping sideways or if he was faking it, apparently the latter. I agree that little shit like that actually ruins it sometimes but if its not given there's really nothing that can be done except discuss it after the fact. I don't think we'll easily turn this team over in the finals (if we get there) even if I think their defense is pedestrian at best because what they can do on the counter if you go to sleep for a second is quite deadly.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I was talking about them clicking when it most matters, which in this case it will be a final and I expect them to show up as they have both shown time and time again they are big game players just like Ronaldo is.

Today's match was a big game and yet none of the players mentioned have played well. Obviously, experience is an important, but if Liverpool confirms it and reach the final, I find it hard not to pick them as favourites, having watched both teams play. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived