talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

I thought these days were well behind us, reaching European Cup finals, we were so far away from this before Klopp. Before the start of the season, everyone, including myself, would have laughed at the thought of us being in the final. What a football team

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Thanks Nicholas :x I dont say much, but what I do say,I fucking mean it. Leave the fake ass bullshit talk for the pussies

Did you mean the posts you made on page 1? 

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I love English football fans, man. It’s one thing playing down the Capital One Cup or something when you’re feeling a bit bitter but to do the same with the CL takes a whole new level of petty.

I think it's fucking hilarious tbh. So I love it, laughing is good for the soul.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I thought these days were well behind us, reaching European Cup finals, we were so far away from this before Klopp. Before the start of the season, everyone, including myself, would have laughed at the thought of us being in the final. What a football team

Yeah considering how bad things looked not too long ago and how far things seemed from the last time we were actually good, barring that one season which at the time looked like a massive fluke, this is a pretty impressive achievement. Klopp's doing a great job and I hope we can keep this side together for as long as possible and continue this upward projection.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Blue said:

FOYM is a bit aggressive but I have no problems if he's like that towards Teso.

Seriously why does everything have to relate to Teso with you? Fucking inane boring shite every time. Why name drop or direct it to him?

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Klopp is the new Wenger he got to the Uefa final also and lost and also to a Champions league and lost :( 

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Klopp is the new Wenger he got to the Uefa final also and lost and also to a Champions league and lost :( 

Yes but this time he's doing it with a club that's got....

say it with me:

H E R I T A G E

GettyImages-930931594-1-1170x658.jpg

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Anyway, let's not change the main subject here. It is what it is. Congrats to Liverpool, fully deserved and doing England proud.

Hope they absolute smash Madrid, a bunch of corrupt dislikable cunts that quite frankly, do not deserve the history they could create by winning three in a row.

And the bonus fact that I know several Man Utd fans squirming at the thought Liverpool lift the big one and literally praying their prodigal son does them a favour is hilarious. 

Haha. Got a die-hard Utd fan at work (a proper one that makes the journeys up and down the country to watch them) and I've loved winding him up recently. He says Liverpool even getting through to the final makes him feel physically sick so tomorrow should be good fun :D

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Seriously why does everything have to relate to Teso with you? Fucking inane boring shite every time. Why name drop or direct it to him?

Its not abuse though, so who's stopping me?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Its not abuse though, so who's stopping me?

It's baiting him up, provoking and looking for a reaction, so then he bites and you come crying to us asking for him to be banned. The less the better.

Just now, Stan said:

It's baiting him up, provoking and looking for a reaction, so then he bites and you come crying to us asking for him to be banned. The less the better.

May the pattern continue then, do you really think I care if it "bores" you or not?

Gotta say, what a fucking team of players we have. Even the ones who are limited in ability make me proud. We've come through a brick wall with City, then a he'll of a task against Roma tonight.

Look at our squad, look at that bench tonight. The fact we've been able to perform so well in the league and the CL is a testament to the attitude in these players. An attitude instilled by Klopp, who is nothing short of amazing. Wouldn't swap the man for anybody else. Give me this exciting, heart in your mouth, "heavy metal" football over anything. It might not always work, but FUCK ME does it bring out the emotions and that's what I want in football. Supporting this great club is a complete pleasure ❤

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/318871/Show/Trent-Alexander-Arnold

Since his good.performance versus Bournemouth, he has had three terrible performances including tonight. His season has been like that, one good game follow by three to four bad performances. A coach with balls would of benched him long time ago regardless of him beimg one of the fans favourite. 

Clyne's not match fit and Gomez is out injured.

To be fair, you can counter the 'no league winners' argument by saying we have two of Europe's most presigous clubs in the final, the two clubs best in Europe in their respective countries. Let's face it, Liverpool and Real Madrid are far and away the best European clubs in their countries. Peers.

49 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Cannabis is right. The Champions League is a shit competition since this season. At least the Europa League knows that it's a competition for second tier teams.

Fourth tier teams. 

1. League winners

2. There or thereabouts

3. Champions league group rejects

4. Europa qualifiers

19 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/318871/Show/Trent-Alexander-Arnold

Since his good.performance versus Bournemouth, he has had three terrible performances including tonight. His season has been like that, one good game follow by three to four bad performances. A coach with balls would of benched him long time ago regardless of him beimg one of the fans favourite. 

I think it takes balls to keep playing him. 

The only alternative would be to play Milner there but he's been getting solid game time in  the midfield 3 with Lallana out and Coutinho gone. 

We need a new right back in the summer but i hope TAA continues to develop.

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

To be fair, you can counter the 'no league winners' argument by saying we have two of Europe's most presigous clubs in the final, the two clubs best in Europe in their respective countries. Let's face it, Liverpool and Real Madrid are far and away the best European clubs in their countries. Peers.

Or even just by saying all those champions were given the opportunity to be in the final but they lost matches in order to be eliminated. 

Prety pissed I missed the first 20 minutes of this match.... Got up 4:30am thinking it was on free to air tv here. Turns out only the Bayern Madrid game was. Needed to jump on the phone to adjust my pay tv subscription just to see the game but then found they dont take calls at 5am. Finally found a way to do it online but by that poin valuable minutes had elapsed... 

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, Blue said:

May the pattern continue then, do you really think I care if it "bores" you or not?

Inane drivel like this makes me remember how much I enjoy being in the unloved echo chamber of the Football League forum with Lucas, Alicia and Marc.

Just comment on the game, ffs.

---

Well done Liverpool, well deserved and a thoroughly enjoyable tie for the neutral. Smash those detestable, self-entitled gobshites in the final!!

• The title was changed to Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

Archived