talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

And you obviously can’t read and dont understand context, so I’ll just leave you with your grapes whilst I look forward to a CL final :hh:

Sour grapes :clown: I'm hoping you beat Madrid mate haha. But point still stands you conceded 6 goals in a semi regardless of giving pens away (thats also down to poor defending)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

May 26th can't come soon enough now and I genuinely think we'll cause Madrid some massive headaches because their defense (although touted as being superior) is prone to a lot of mistakes and I am going to enjoy watching our front three work them. Special note to Karius in that first half yesterday he was brilliant and commanding. We just need him to do that more and I think he might be another massively good signing for us.

Real's defence is not superior to yours mate. Real's defence has iconic figures and those iconic figures mask many irregularities. 

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Real's defence is not superior to yours mate. Real's defence has iconic figures and those iconic figures mask many irregularities. 

I don't disagree there at all. I find it weird that teams don't punish Marcelo's abandonment of his space more often but I suppose the midfield compensates for it by keeping better possession and progress up the pitch. Still fancy us to score against them and I would not put it past them to score on us as well. Its really going to be an attack game because I can't see either team trying to play containment football in a final.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I don't disagree there at all. I find it weird that teams don't punish Marcelo's abandonment of his space more often but I suppose the midfield compensates for it by keeping better possession and progress up the pitch. Still fancy us to score against them and I would not put it past them to score on us as well. Its really going to be an attack game because I can't see either team trying to play containment football in a final.

If either of the two coaches decides to bottle it and speculate by being even slightly conservative, that team will lose mate!  All bets are off and it's all about who is more effective in front of goal on the night. Real Madrid are in the final because they were more effective than Juve and Bayern, nothing more and it's an easy scenario to read in that regard as far as I'm concerned,

27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We are talking about goals conceded? 

'Cudda wudda shudda' been 7 on the night perhaps? ^_^

You're right though, celebrate away - I don't think even the most delusional red would have seen this coming in August!

16 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

'Cudda wudda shudda' been 7 on the night perhaps? ^_^

You're right though, celebrate away - I don't think even the most delusional red would have seen this coming in August!

Maybe not but I did say we would go the deepest out of all the English clubs. 

Anyway, Adios 👍

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe not but I did say we would go the deepest out of all the English clubs. 

Anyway, Adios 👍

Who cares what it seemed months back. During the season it looked as if Real Madrid would be knocked out by Kidderminister if they miraculously managed to encounter them in any competition and yet they're in the final.

It's a brilliant feat to be in the final of the biggest club competition in the world and it's not as if Liverpool aren't the biggest English club in history in this sense anyhow. ;)

Fact... Liverpool are in the FINAL!

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Who cares what it seemed months back. During the season it looked as if Real Madrid would be knocked out by Kidderminister if they miraculously managed to encounter them in any competition and yet they're in the final.

It's a brilliant feat to be in the final of the biggest club competition in the world and it's not as if Liverpool aren't the biggest English club in history in this sense anyhow. ;)

Fact... Liverpool are in the FINAL!

Balon knows :D

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Sour grapes :clown: I'm hoping you beat Madrid mate haha. But point still stands you conceded 6 goals in a semi regardless of giving pens away (thats also down to poor defending)

Real's defence isn't really the Milan of old though. They are there for the taking. 

I feel like a broken record (and a bit like Michael Owen), but all Liverpool need to worry about is outscoring Real. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

well me and Teso got the closest I'd say...

Oi i made the same prediction just with a different score line. Quit filling up your agenda you nob :D

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Blue said:

Oi i made the same prediction just with a different score line. Quit filling up your agenda you nob :D

so if it was a different score line, it's not the same prediction.

Agenda all in your head mate. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

so if it was a different score line, it's not the same prediction.

Agenda all in your head mate. 

Chill haha it was a joke :)

• The title was changed to Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)
19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yes but this time he's doing it with a club that's got....

say it with me:

H E R I T A G E

GettyImages-930931594-1-1170x658.jpg

All your essays and this is your most liked post xD

20 hours ago, Lucas said:

Anyway, let's not change the main subject here. It is what it is. Congrats to Liverpool, fully deserved and doing England proud.

Hope they absolute smash Madrid, a bunch of corrupt dislikable cunts that quite frankly, do not deserve the history they could create by winning three in a row.

And the bonus fact that I know several Man Utd fans squirming at the thought Liverpool lift the big one and literally praying their prodigal son does them a favour is hilarious. 

Yeah, the Madrid part is why I hope they win.

In ten years time let's talk about how Jurgen's mad "attack attack attack" style won The Champions League. Not in 20/30 years hear people talk about this arrogant bunch of showmen that aren't Barca's level talk about how this Real Madrid team must be the greatest of all time.

• Subscriber

Be arsed reading 8 pages of this but suffice to say I'm displeased about this result.

Liverpool are better than before and have a decent chance in the final but people can stop laughing off their defensive frailties. Not sure people are doing that on here but on social media and among my mates, they seem to act like everything has changed in the last few months since Van Dijk signed. Here they were 5-0 up against a Roma side who looked like they were set up to try and get the biggest loss in Champions League semi final history in the first leg at Anfield and it ended 7-6. Admittedly two of Roma's goals were awful penalty shouts but still conceding 6 goals in the space of about 120 minutes against a team of Roma's ability will surely have Ronaldo and Real Madrid licking their lips when they look at this Liverpool defence.

Liverpool still have that element of finding a way to lose about them and even though Real Madrid are there for the taking arguably, I wouldn't make Liverpool favourites in the final. However, making the final from the qualifiers in the convincing manner that Liverpool have done is evidence of very good progress and clearly the great job Klopp continues to do. Hopefully they get twatted in the final but credit where credits due.

22 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I did laugh at that to be honest but the genuine answer to that is that Simeone has never been in a position to sign established world beaters and spend billions while continuing to play boring primitive football and of course... "Parking the bloody bus" B|;)

Although to put things straight... Never ever said I like El Cholo's brand of football at all.  Just found it amazing that with a club with much less resources than many around has managed to compete with the monsters.

I know mate, I was only joking there

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Real's defence isn't really the Milan of old though. They are there for the taking. 

I feel like a broken record (and a bit like Michael Owen), but all Liverpool need to worry about is outscoring Real. 

I agree with you mate, neither have a great defence. I think all Real need to do though is just Park the bus a bit more than they normally would and they'll eventually hit them on the counter

Was watching in a bar in Majorca full of Liverpool supporters, brilliant atmosphere. We never do things easy. Just happy that we got to the final. If someone had said to me at the start of the season that we would be in the final then I would have laughed at them.

• 6 months later...
10 hours ago, José said:

Virgil van Dijk believes Real Madrid 'ganged up' on Trent Alexander-Arnold once Mo Salah went off injured in Champions League final 

:ay::rofl:

The most expensive defender is moaning about RM targeting the weakest link. Klopp practically gave it to RM by far the easiest CL for Zidane.

Only the Great @Storts stood by Teso when he foreshadow how Liverpool would take the L. 

Forget the CL victory! That lot is content with having "best front three" posters hanging and listening to their cheerleader-coach poor digs towards a PROVEN winner like Mourinho (proven as in winning it with teams that Pep would not even consider coaching as he always prefers the easy route). Silly Klopp, criticizing a coach who could retire right now and fill VOLUMES of books about his accomplishments ! Klopp would struggle to fill chapter one of volume one unless he finishes by listing all the refs that got  **Klopped during the matches.

P.S. I suggest a recall of the best three posters so they can make it a double sided poster and add Salah's crying. Not because I enjoyed the injury but because HOPE every once in a while @Rick flips his BzT3 side and sees the sadness of Salah knowing his coach lacks the ability to change his tactics and adapt to the different intangibles. (Reference points: Salah's injury and playing a poor form TAA(after Bournemouth, his three following performances would be more than sufficient to send him to the stands, Liverpool and Klopp ought to have players with greater skills. 

JUST LIKE YOUR MARKING AGAINST BALE, AS HE SCORED ONE OF THE GREATEST CL FINALS GOAL, VvD YOU ARE WRONG. 

dont blame the guys doing the gangbang on TAA, blame the director Klopp. The desperate fans jumped on the quick promise to success KNOWING Klopp is not good enough to keep it going and reach the promise land aka dethroning Man Utd, the team they love to hate because even through this small crisis and Klopp's record signings the gap is still the same Sir Fergie left. 

Is VvD nieve enough to believe the empty promises (so far) that have  madLad and Ricky fully blind? the constructive criticism Mourinho gifted the motivation Shaw and martial needed. The players best friend attitude from Klopp is what held Dortmund back and currently Liverpool. I blame Klopp for VvD poor choice of excuse but I'm sure it brought comfort and stability to the only place Klopp excels at, the locker room.

:ay:sorry for the long reply but I'm hoping a few see the light Teso keeps pointing you to. Forget a silly crown, a silent Thank You for THE Best Three (Nick, six-fingered Marc, and Teso ), before the turkey will be sufficient for now. 

Fucking hell, I don't think I've ever seen such a small, pathetic group of people be so desperate for Liverpool (and in particular Klopp) to fail. 

It's almost embarrassing xD

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:45, LFCMadLad said:

Fucking hell, I don't think I've ever seen such a small, pathetic group of people be so desperate for Liverpool (and in particular Klopp) to fail. 

It's almost embarrassing xD

Disliking us is more important to them than them liking their clubs, which is pretty funny tbh. And the loudest is the one with fuck all connection to his club, which is even funnier.

Archived