talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mauricio Pochettino Signs New Contract With Spurs

Whilst Storts hasnt been innocent of it in the past, there's a clear difference between biting and merely responding. To encourage high quality of posting it's important that people attempt to substantiate between the two to prevent this becoming a platform for wumming.

I'm not referring to this thread specifically, more in general.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst Storts hasnt been innocent of it in the past, there's a clear difference between biting and merely responding. To encourage high quality of posting it's important that people attempt to substantiate between the two to prevent this becoming a platform for wumming.

I'm not referring to this thread specifically, more in general.

Quite right too mate - really can’t stand these constant attempts to get bites and claims of being rattled. Really brings the forum down and I think tough action should be taken on anyone found guilty of this. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

How long do you want off then :bye:?

How dare you - think you need to start looking at the more obvious candidates. Bluewolf and Lucas would be a good place to begin 

So once again, Storts starts deflecting when called out on his bullshit. And just because there's 2 Liverpool fans 'debating' with him, we have other members jumping in to defend him. 

This forum needs to have a good look at the main culprits of this new 'trend of pointless trolling, because it's a pisstake.  

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

So once again, Storts starts deflecting when called out on his bullshit. And just because there's 2 Liverpool fans 'debating' with him, we have other members jumping in to defend him. 

This forum needs to have a good look at the main culprits of this new 'trend of pointless trolling, because it's a pisstake.  

Just out of interest, what would you like us to do :/

Just now, Stan said:

Have a word privately?

We all know the fuckers who derail threads and do nothing but troll. You can't have a conversation or debate with them.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Also - whilst the last few posts have clearly been a joke - where have I been trolling here Stan? I've laid out some home truths, which they're obviously not going to like, but nothing I've said has been inaccurate or a fishing exercise. How they react is their prerogative

18 hours ago, Storts said:

And what have you won? A proper go is great and everything but it means nothing in the grand scheme of things as we are constantly reminded. It's far harder to do it consistently in the league than string a few wins together in the cup.

Not looking down on you at all - I'm pretty complimentary on the whole - what needs to be addressed however is this notion that you're somehow a better team than us and better equipped going forward. I've been hearing the same thing for so long - yet you continue to finish below us.

Only one team seems to be criticised for not winning trophies - yet we are both in exactly the same position. Good entertaining football teams that struggle to compete with the financial giants at the top. For me, it's all about the narrative - and all you hear when it comes to us is Liverpool fans trying to belittle us and degrade our standing - yet the reality is in the modern game we are extremely similar, both failing to achieve our ultimate goals - yet we are far more consistent over a long period of games currently. 

There's little difference between 2nd-4th and if we can't win the league I'd definitely rather have a good run in Europe. These big games in Europe create memories and games that will be talked about for years to come, whether you go onto win the competition or not. No one will talk about how their team finished third and then went out in the group stages or the first knockout round.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Storts said:

Also - whilst the last few posts have clearly been a joke - where have I been trolling here Stan? I've laid out some home truths, which they're obviously not going to like, but nothing I've said has been inaccurate or a fishing exercise. How they react is their prerogative

I'm not saying you've been trolling mate. Just some find it hard to differentiate between trolling and conversing with someone when they post and when someone interprets it as the other when they read them. 

I've seen many more useless conversations on this site and what we see in this thread pales in to insignificance compared to those. 

This is probably Tottenham’s biggest signing in a long, long time. 

There’s a very good spine of a squad at Spurs, they’re about to enter a new stadium where income will go through the roof due to matchday ticket sales and non-Football events staged there, they have probably one of the most sought after players in Europe (potentially two) and they’re tying down a manager long-term, which will only do good. 

I wont get drawn into the debate of overachievement or underachievement at Tottenham because, quite frankly, I couldn’t care less. It is, however, plain to see that, at present, Tottenham are ever improving and that should, if they carry on, make them candidates for silverware in the coming years.

However, they’re ‘good’ or ‘getting good’ at a time when Manchester City can buy small countries, Chelsea have all the oil in the world, Man United can throw obscene amounts of money around, Arsenal are embarking into the unknown and Liverpool have put together a decent XI and have a decent manager. Some teams aren’t going to win things as a result of these teams and Tottenham could be one of those but this can only be a good thing for Premier League Football as a whole. If we actually got a title race that wasn’t over in December or just a two-horse race it would be great. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

There's little difference between 2nd-4th and if we can't win the league I'd definitely rather have a good run in Europe. These big games in Europe create memories and games that will be talked about for years to come, whether you go onto win the competition or not. No one will talk about how their team finished third and then went out in the group stages or the first knockout round.

Maybe amongst your own fanbase - just as our victory over Real Madrid this season (B|) did amongst our fans, but in the wider scheme of things nobody remembers the runners up and once again you've failed to win anything, just like us. 

The whole point is, because of the way the mainstream media is composed, Liverpool get very little criticism for their failures to win anything, their struggles in the league and their inability to hold on to their best players. You're so similar to us in so many ways these days - yet you wouldn't know it. I think this media narrative then feeds down into the less level headed amongst your fanbase and you get the delusional situation we see from a large number today.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

This is probably Tottenham’s biggest signing in a long, long time. 

There’s a very good spine of a squad at Spurs, they’re about to enter a new stadium where income will go through the roof due to matchday ticket sales and non-Football events staged there, they have probably one of the most sought after players in Europe (potentially two) and they’re tying down a manager long-term, which will only do good. 

I wont get drawn into the debate of overachievement or underachievement at Tottenham because, quite frankly, I couldn’t care less. It is, however, plain to see that, at present, Tottenham are ever improving and that should, if they carry on, make them candidates for silverware in the coming years.

However, they’re ‘good’ or ‘getting good’ at a time when Manchester City can buy small countries, Chelsea have all the oil in the world, Man United can throw obscene amounts of money around, Arsenal are embarking into the unknown and Liverpool have put together a decent XI and have a decent manager. Some teams aren’t going to win things as a result of these teams and Tottenham could be one of those but this can only be a good thing for Premier League Football as a whole. If we actually got a title race that wasn’t over in December or just a two-horse race it would be great. 

This is a really, really good post and I think for me you're spot.

However on your second full paragraph - I think you've answered the question you dont want to answer in the final paragraph. We are certainly candidates for silverware however this expectation on us to win things is certainly overblown. We do overachieve currently, however anyone might want to argue it, because you have listed perfectly the clubs with far greater resources that we are up against. Liverpool who we are closest to in terms of financials have already spent £100 million this summer - they spent £75 million on a player in January and their wage bill continue to grow. We are going to have to spend to compete at some point, because there's only so many times we can find bargains or bring players through, before we fall back behind these mega money signings coming in to the league.

As you rightly point out in the first para, Levy has set us up perfectly for this to happen now. State of the art training ground, state of the art new stadium - regular champions league football, an NFL deal etc. - commercially we are on the brink, however there is still a long way to go to match the money clubs. However Poch's new deal signals that we are entering a new era for this club and it's time to fully kick on and take the next step. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

There’s a lot of talk of Eriksen possibility leaving though. That would be a big blow. Spurs are apparently trying to tie him down to a new deal. 

I wouldn't say a lot mate - there's a bit, Barca yesterday, Madrid today, but nothing major. Trust me, I'm used to the media talk when we are going to sell a player xD

I do strangely think this is the biggest summer though - my expectation is he signs a new deal, and if that happens, I think he's here for the long haul. However it's precarious because if Barca/Madrid do come calling I really don't think he could turn it down (unlike Kane/Alli who I just don't think we'd sell) but for him I wouldn't begrudge him.

What's bizarre to me though is how little interest there has been over the last few years. He's been the most consistent and best attacking mid in the league for the last few years. Last season only De Bruyne was really better and he is the player that makes everything happen for us. He'd be absolutely perfect for Barcelona.

Thankfully he seems very happy at the club - he seems to really enjoy playing for us and London - so don't think he would kick up a fuss. But if one of the Spanish giants made a move then we'd have to consider giving him that opportunity. (For more than Coutinho's fee mind you)

37 minutes ago, Storts said:

Maybe amongst your own fanbase - just as our victory over Real Madrid this season (B|) did amongst our fans, but in the wider scheme of things nobody remembers the runners up and once again you've failed to win anything, just like us. 

The whole point is, because of the way the mainstream media is composed, Liverpool get very little criticism for their failures to win anything, their struggles in the league and their inability to hold on to their best players. You're so similar to us in so many ways these days - yet you wouldn't know it. I think this media narrative then feeds down into the less level headed amongst your fanbase and you get the delusional situation we see from a large number today.

I think you're massively overplaying this media thing. Fans of every club in the top 6 think they're hard done by in the media. They get more attention than any other clubs and the negative ones about their own club stick in mind the most.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think you're massively overplaying this media thing. Fans of every club in the top 6 think they're hard done by in the media. They get more attention than any other clubs and the negative ones about their own club stick in mind the most.

Not at all - 

You won't see it - but it's one of the biggest advantages you have. I could show you numerous examples of the narrative being different between you and us in the same scenarios if I had the inclination. 

Tell me what the difference is between our two situations - you can't win trophies, you have to sell your best players - you have fallen away and 'bottled' it in the league. Yet when do we hear the type of criticism from the media that we get for the same situation? You don't. It's one of the perks of being Liverpool football club but at the same time, it certainly breeds the type of fan that is becoming far more prominent in your fanbase. 

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not at all - 

You won't see it - but it's one of the biggest advantages you have. I could sure you numerous examples of the narrative being different between you and us in the same scenarios if I had the inclination. 

Tell me what the difference is between our two situations - you can't win trophies, you have to sell your best players - you have fallen away and 'bottled' it in the league. Yet when do we hear the type of criticism from the media that we get for the same situation? You don't. It's one of the perks of being Liverpool football club but at the same time, it certainly breeds the type of fan that is becoming far more prominent in your fanbase. 

You do though.

15 hours ago, Storts said:

I wouldn't say a lot mate - there's a bit, Barca yesterday, Madrid today, but nothing major. Trust me, I'm used to the media talk when we are going to sell a player xD

I do strangely think this is the biggest summer though - my expectation is he signs a new deal, and if that happens, I think he's here for the long haul. However it's precarious because if Barca/Madrid do come calling I really don't think he could turn it down (unlike Kane/Alli who I just don't think we'd sell) but for him I wouldn't begrudge him.

What's bizarre to me though is how little interest there has been over the last few years. He's been the most consistent and best attacking mid in the league for the last few years. Last season only De Bruyne was really better and he is the player that makes everything happen for us. He'd be absolutely perfect for Barcelona.

Thankfully he seems very happy at the club - he seems to really enjoy playing for us and London - so don't think he would kick up a fuss. But if one of the Spanish giants made a move then we'd have to consider giving him that opportunity. (For more than Coutinho's fee mind you)

Yep... The latest news this morning is that Barça have backed out of Eriksen... According to Mundo Deportivo Barcelona called Levy himself (strange for Barcelona not to go straight to the player xD kenieving gits) and enquire as to the possibility and Levy said no way and that it would take a ridiculous sum of money to even start to listen, somewhere in the region of €190m O.o.  Considering the investment already made on Arthur Melo and the possible arrival of Griezmann (€100m buy-out clause), there's no way that amount can be thrown around seeing as a considerable amount was spent last summer too.

So only Real Madrid remain... In the case of Los Merengues, they have money to burn as they haven't hardly spent in two summers awaiting the big revolution which is expected this summer.

Archived