talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

SAF was a mastermind. For everything one thing he did wrong he did a dozens things masterfully. Every one of his failures essentially has the  opposite success. Bebe? Cristiano. Berbatov? Cantona. Alan Smith? Wayne Rooney. Bosnich? De Gea. I don't know how the old cunt did it, when he looks like down and out, his team always attacked, always had the swagger and belief they could score a goal in the 98th minute and the usually bloody did. He managed to remain relevant when Wenger couldn't, he kept winning with attacking football which Mourinho never has, stayed at the one club for over two decades, which Pep probably never will. Legend of the sport, an icon.

I don't think there is another manager that get such a rise out of 99% of footballing fans but still be respected.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So... Sir Alex Ferguson wins 2 Champions Leagues in 26 years while Zinedine Zidane wins 3 in 3. Who's the better of the two?

HOW MANY LEAGUE TITLES THOUGH

10 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

I would like another ex player to take his place. What about Guti or Solari who's already in the second team? time for a promotion maybe?

Most Real fans don't want Guti because of his consistent sensationalism and anti-Barça comments (aside from the radical element of the Real fanbase) and Solari doesnt seem to fit the bill regarding what was already there (Zidane).

It may yet happen though because Real Madrid are finding it extremely difficult to find a big enough name to fit the bill.  Most of the big names or the ones they'd like (i.e. Pochettino, not a big name yet but desired) are all tied up or don't want the job right now after what's been achieved by Zidane.  The inside reports say that the analysis of the situation regarding the competitiveness of the team as it stands is very questionable to risk when reality is checked other than the Champions League  victories.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Most Real fans don't want Guti because of his consistent sensationalism and anti-Barça comments (aside from the radical element of the Real fanbase) and Solari doesnt seem to fit the bill regarding what was already there (Zidane).

It may yet happen though because Real Madrid are finding it extremely difficult to find a big enough name to fit the bill.  Most of the big names or the ones they'd like (i.e. Pochettino, not a big name yet but desired) are all tied up or don't want the job right now after what's been achieved by Zidane.  The inside reports say that the analysis of the situation regarding the competitiveness of the team as it stands is very questionable to risk when reality is checked other than the Champions League  victories.

I remember so many years  when Real had the biggest names in managers and still couldn't win a copa del ray match. they should trust their ex players more than all the fancy big names of management.

You remember when Zidane became a manager? they said he would fail miserably. 

15 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

I remember so many years  when Real had the biggest names in managers and still couldn't win a copa del ray match. they should trust their ex players more than all the fancy big names of management.

You remember when Zidane became a manager? they said he would fail miserably. 

They've tried to bring in top coaches in the past, coaches based on real tactical knowhow and it hasn't worked for one reason or another. With this I'm talking about in general!  Look at Zidane... When he was brought in he had been a total failure with the only coaching experience he had till then which was with the Real Madrid Castilla side... He came in to take over Rafa Benítez who may not be most people's cup of tea, but he is a very tactical coach and rigid in his reading of oncoming football matches.  The players created a coup and drew him out!

Real Madrid is a club where its playing staff is full of massive egos the size of the planet.  It's a snake infested nest of small clans that consistently bite at each other and leak information to the media on anything that can sway judgment in their benefit or the benefit of a colleague they want to defend.

In other words... What's needed at Real Madrid isn't so much a mastermind in coaching, but a diplomatic well respected (in terms of a big name once as a player) conciliatory figure that can keep all of that in check so as to get the talent those players have reproduced onto the field of play.

🇪🇸 Conte to Real Madrid ? (Ex) Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is the number 1 option now in order to replace Zinedine Zidane, according to Marca. Could be the solution of Chelsea problems... #CFC #RealMadrid

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

🇪🇸 Conte to Real Madrid ? (Ex) Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is the number 1 option now in order to replace Zinedine Zidane, according to Marca. Could be the solution of Chelsea problems... #CFC #RealMadrid

That would be interesting to see... Conte being the way he is and those egos at Real Madrid. Can’t wait if true!

It's starting to look more and more likely that it will indeed be Guti which will offer a bundle of laughs with his outlandish undiplomatic comments... He can't help himself in that sense.  Although in the background there are rumours about the Brazil national team coach Tite being a candidate.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

It's starting to look more and more likely that it will indeed be Guti which will offer a bundle of laughs with his outlandish undiplomatic comments... He can't help himself in that sense.  Although in the background there are rumours about the Brazil national team coach Tite being a candidate.

yeah    that's what i've heard last night.   the news stated that the president of murcia tried to offer Guti a managerial job but Guti declined coz he said he's going to coach Madrid ....

this is it for Madrid

Image result for noose

1 hour ago, bozziovai said:

yeah    that's what i've heard last night.   the news stated that the president of murcia tried to offer Guti a managerial job but Guti declined coz he said he's going to coach Madrid ....

this is it for Madrid

Image result for noose

It doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be crap. Zidane had very limited coaching experience and doing terrible. Look at how that turned out in terms of European success. 

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be crap. Zidane had very limited coaching experience and doing terrible. Look at how that turned out in terms of European success. 

well, Guti was their vice captain before and was influential in midfield during their successful years.      but i don't know, if this is true, i'll just hope for the best ......

1 hour ago, bozziovai said:

this is it for Madrid

Image result for noose

Why the pessimism? It's written in the Real Madrid cycles!

Real Madrid has to endure a "Etapa Asador" in order to move from the "Etapa Happy" to the "Etapa Caudillo". Guti seems like a good prospect to lead the Etapa asador transition. :D

The last years have been an anomaly, bypassing the "Etapa Caudillo".

https://www.lagalerna.com/ciclo-karmico/

26 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I don't get why people would be upset with Guti becoming the manager at Real. Its not like you actually have to coach them to get results anyways.

it's not about coaching in madrid but managing balloon-egos.      we all saw it with Rafa, he was a well decorated manager but yet hasn't been able to control Ronaldo and co .... and with Zidane, the shine that he emits is bright enough that those "ladies" in Madrid had to squint their eyes and be at awe.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

it's not about coaching in madrid but managing balloon-egos.      we all saw it with Rafa, he was a well decorated manager but yet hasn't been able to control Ronaldo and co .... and with Zidane, the shine that he emits is bright enough that those "ladies" in Madrid had to squint their eyes and be at awe.

I don't know much about Guti but you'd imagine an ex-player would have enough know-how to traverse the ego-maze that is Real Madrid without having to worry about so much as managing their egos as much as putting players on the pitch something that has already been taken care of him by the ex-manager.

18 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I don't know much about Guti but you'd imagine an ex-player would have enough know-how to traverse the ego-maze that is Real Madrid without having to worry about so much as managing their egos as much as putting players on the pitch something that has already been taken care of him by the ex-manager.

well, Guti is conceited himself .... all we can do is wait for any official announcement on who will be the lion-tamer for Madrid.

Guti will do well, I reckon. Not as well as Zidane but given that he himself is a snake-in-the-grass he'd know about any coups before they even start! Mice can't out cunning a rat.

@SirBalon maybe you can give me a history lesson but Guti was only 'trusted' to be one of the 'stars forwards' for one season (due to injuries) and that is the season he scored a lot of goals, correct? Maybe he was always a forward masquerading as a midfielder...

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Guti will do well, I reckon. Not as well as Zidane but given that he himself is a snake-in-the-grass he'd know about any coups before they even start! Mice can't out cunning a rat.

@SirBalon maybe you can give me a history lesson but Guti was only 'trusted' to be one of the 'stars forwards' for one season (due to injuries) and that is the season he scored a lot of goals, correct? Maybe he was always a forward masquerading as a midfielder...

I can't stand the guy I have to admit.  But I'm no fool and Guti was a very gifted player... I think we've spoken about him in the past and for all of the natural talent he had, he was a fool and he threw away his career.  He was very inconsistent and a large proportion of the reasoning behind that was down to him and his lifestyle.  Plus he was a rebel in the dressing room and always being punished by the various coaches that passed through the doors of the Santiago Bernabéu.

What he does have in abundance is love, passion and fanaticism for Real Madrid.

59 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

They're finding it really difficult to convince any of the main names to go at this moment in time. Nobody wants to take over the hot seat due to many things being unsure right now inside the club and also because there's an illusion of there being a winning formula after the Champions League win but the reality being somewhat unclear and more negative.  Zidane himself made a comment on his departure press conference where he said that the future success of the team wasn't an easy situation to read.  They've contacted many names with a negative answer on the most part and now Villas-Boas has popped up in what looks like a scapegoat in a more detailed planning for the future!

Some sources say there's a chance and others say that it isn't true.

• The title was changed to Julen Lopetegui Sacked for Accepting Real Madrid Job Without Informing Spanish FA

Archived