The better place to talk football.

Group H Matchday 1 - 19th June - Colombia 1-2 Japan, Poland 1-2 Senegal

football forum

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
46 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've always said way before it was introduced that VAR would never work in football, only take a lot out of the sport by stopping the play from time to time. It's a wank idea and we don't need it in football.

Goal line technology is an excellent idea, although most other things in the sport are all debatable, so VAR is nonsense and doesn't work.

my post had nothing to do with VAR mate. 

The referee didn't even give a foul so he shouldn't even need VAR to book him. Nevertheless, VAR was used so he should have been told that it was simulation and the player dived.

I know some people don't like VAR which is fair enough but the point in question had nothing to do with it :) 

• The title was changed to Group H Matchday 1 - 19th June - Colombia 1-2 Japan, Poland 1-2 Senegal
  • The topic was unpinned

VAR isn't the problem. We've seen that, when it's used, very rarely the ref makes a wrong decision.

The problem, for me, are the refs themselves. For me, the worst part of this World Cup has been shit refereeing. Situations where they should have used VAR, but they chose to dismiss it.

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The technique (individual skill level) is much higher for Japan than Colombia. The Japannese just lack that tactical understanding in both transitions when in possession and when not. 

For me their biggest weakness is finishing. They need to be 5 times more clinical. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Asura said:

Class those Japanese people are

I think thats the right thing to do and its very respectful to the next group of people coming in. Bravo Japan. 

Archived