talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Semi-Final - Wednesday 11th July - Croatia (aet)2-1 England

football forum

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Nah they don't, because you qualify for fuck all and have nothing to cheer about.

13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

There will be a national holiday declared in Wales and Scotland tomorrow so at least we've made some folks happy. 

Make your mind up pal. Might want to go sleep off that pint you threw 90% of into the air.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Panflute said:

Unbelievable. Modric is indestructible.

I believe Luka Modric is a big part of the reason why Real Madrid have been winning so many Champions Leagues. Rarely makes a mistake and never runs out of breath.

Today he was up against players with half his experience and a third of his ability. It was easy for him to stand out.

Just now, 6666 said:

I think it's only fair we blame Tottenham. Their semi-final curse has spread to international football. Belgium & England with too many Tottenham players.

I'm going to blame Man City. Sterling was gash for most of the tournament. Walker and Stones made big errors. Pep Guardiola is responsible for our sadness.

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yes, because they’re going to to show the viewing public Croatia’s celebrations......

But do you celebrate winning a Champions League or a really good team that won fuck all?

Wouldn't call our 2012 the best team in my lifetime though xD

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm going to blame Man City. Sterling was gash for most of the tournament. Walker and Stones made big errors. Pep Guardiola is responsible for our sadness.

Walker. Former Tottenham player...

Actually think Southgate got exposed tactially, he's a great bloke and carried himself well but it's obvious he's not really clued up tactically, none of the changes worked at all. Actually think bringing Sterling off was a mistake, he really stretched them in the first half and Rashford never looked likely. Dier made no difference, but we are totally starved of creative midfielders.

20 minutes ago, Inverted said:

England have only faced two teams with any ability in centre midfield, and lost to them both.

I think the assessment needs to at least incorporate a bit more scrutiny with England. It’s brilliant being well prepared and pragmatic, but you can’t win a World Cup literally on set pieces and physical strength alone.

Wow stop saying the truth mate. What is wrong with you?

A few years ago when Russia out corrupted England to win the right to host the world cup my father was angry. He said to me he would be dead before England get to host the world. I went off to my room incredibly upset over what he had said, the thought that my dad would die soon and not get something so simple and obvious an experience ripped me apart. I spent this world cup in London and had said to myself that I would go home for the final to spend it with my father as it would be a sort of compensation for what he had lost. That is not to be tonight and I am distraught over it.

I just hope my club will win something before I lose my father.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly felt Sterling would have been more useful than Rashford near the end when they were struggling to get out.

No point bringing on the better finisher when the team needs someone to drag them up the pitch.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

I know that mate, but to be fair, they’ve won something the teams before them couldn’t.

That's where context plays a huge part. Especially in cup competitions in my opinion. 

Our 2005-07 team was incredible, yet couldn't win the CL. 

This Croatia side are full of players at their peak, with dozens of caps behind them as well as silverware. One of those differences that can split a tight game.

I hope they go on to win it, what a story for football that'd be.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

I know that mate, but to be fair, they’ve won something the teams before them couldn’t.

I mean our 2005 CL winning side was far from our best side, let alone our best side under Rafa Benitez... so I can see where he's coming from. But yeah, everyone will remember the team that won something over the sides that were very close and overall much better at football but didn't win.

The 2006 England side had a lot of fucking talent, I don't think it's disputable. But it also didn't play very good football or progress in any meaningful way in the tournament that would get the country excited. So I don't think that would qualify as the best England side (certainly it's not the best England side in my lifetime), nor would I say it was memorable.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

At least we fucking qualified :D

31 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Where was your country you spastic mong? Thought so. 

guys you can make as much fun of me as you like. I accept it. My motherland didn't make it to the world cup, neither my second country. All the teams I rooted for in this world cup failed miserably (Argentina and Uruguay) so my last hope of smiling in the end was Croatia. I hope they win it. England had a decent journey until the semi-final but in my opinion you shouldn't go through Colombia that way it was unfair for the Cafeteros.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Right, here we go. 

Pickford, fucking outstanding. Best goalkeeper we've had in a long time if you ask me, should be given a knighthood and the key to Merseyside (and Sunderland if he wants) on return to England. 

Walker was dodgy as fuck all tournament but was in a dodgy position so I'll let him off. Tripper was class, Young was decent without being anything special and despite fucking up for Mandzukic's goal, Stones was bloody brilliant all tournament. Maguire was AIDS all group stage but his performances against Sweden, Croatia and Colombia were brilliant, I'd order a prostitute or two for him to say thanks.

Henderson was great in the thankless, boring hole position. Bottled his penalty though so scores some AIDS points. Lingard was, well, Lingard. Sterling was absolutely dire and when he was fit, I thought Alli was OK. 

Kane was shit tonight. Beyond awful but has been our Messi this summer, again, he can have the key to London if he likes. 

Finally, Gareth Southgate. Take a bow. Have the key to the Isle of Man or whatever plot of land you want to roam around. The best manager we've ever had. Fuck off Capello, fuck off Hodgeson and definitely fuck off Allarshite. 

2022 it's coming home 

Thought these were all poo tbh. But agree with everything else you said.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Actually think Southgate got exposed tactially, he's a great bloke and carried himself well but it's obvious he's not really clued up tactically, none of the changes worked at all. Actually think bringing Sterling off was a mistake, he really stretched them in the first half and Rashford never looked likely. Dier made no difference, but we are totally starved of creative midfielders.

Think he brought Rashford on to test the fitness of their defenders, but when there’s no service from midfield, it was fucking pointless. Not sure Stirling would have done much difference, although he’s a far better dribbler (who’s lost the ball as well a lot to be fair). Your last sentence is on point though. We still have nobody able to play a killer ball or take control.

Just now, Dalmore said:

guys you can make as much fan of me as you like. I accept it. My motherland didn't make it to the world cup, neither my second country. All the teams I roother for in this world cup failed miserably (Argentina and Uruguay) so my last hope of smiling in the end was Croatia. I hope they win it. England had a decent journey until the semi-final but in my opinion you shouldn't go through Colombia that way it was unfair for the Cafeteros.

The way Colombia was unfair to the sport of football tbh, they were a disgrace. One of the best things this England did was knock those fuckers out.

But it's nothing personal. Just irritated to see gloating immediately on us being knocked out. I understand it more from our German lads because they had the whole of our forum (and the internet, if I'm being honest) making memes about their failing.

• The title was changed to Semi-Final - Wednesday 11th July - Croatia (aet)2-1 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived