talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Semi-Final - Wednesday 11th July - Croatia (aet)2-1 England

football forum

Defence reacted a second late. Paid for it. Good finish though. Need to be better in possession. We've been shit. Seriously don't know why Southgate keeps getting scared and bringing on Dier. Never works.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Modric is incredible. Played nearly 2 hours more than this English side and dominated both Alli and Henderson 

He's playing a different sport. This game seems like a playground for him.

I'm gutted England couldn't win, and I'll give my full thoughts later but Perisic has been an unsung hero for Croatia. Class this whole tournament. He and Modric have been the most consistent players for them.

Deja Vu of 2008 for England.

• Subscriber

They just never gave up. And for lack of a better word, England's defense just went to sleep and Croatia were alert to everything. I think the ref was shit today personally but the better team on the night won. Now, go on and win the whole thing.

• Administrator

So many hilariously bad moments of defending from England, Kane didn’t look fit at all and that team barely  created anything at all. 

I fancy our chances against Croatia on Sunday. Especially against that centreback pairing 

england has only themselves to blame.    a very very early goal and yet they sat and got contented not wanting to get a second.    while in the 2nd half, Croatia came out like it's going to be the end of the world tomorrow.     Their performance in the 2nd half epitomized the term " PLAY LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST GAME ""

congrats Croatia.    hopefully they'll win it ........................

Considering they were in complete control for the whole 1st hour, the fact that England were lucky to go to extra time here says alot about the way Croatia have stepped it up, and how their finishing has been.  

Just now, Cannabis said:

Where was your country you spastic mong? Thought so. 

Unlucky lads, we are onto something here. This is the best England squad in my lifetime, done us proud.

Knew you were born in 2010!

Btw, England hasn't scored a single goal from open play.

• Subscriber

Watching Trippier look dejected and having to exit the game was a bit sad tbh. You never want to see anyone have to leave the field of play especially in a game of such a magnitude.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Unlucky lads, we are onto something here. This is the best England squad in my lifetime, done us proud.

Let's be reasonable here. You lot were handed a very fortunate route. The England squad of 2006 could of more than likely made the final given the same opportunity 

• The title was changed to Semi-Final - Wednesday 11th July - Croatia (aet)2-1 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived