talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Could it finally be Liverpool's year?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ve seen us fuck it up too many times to not need to be extra certain.

I like that and will use it myself with my problem watching finals. I’ll only watch a final now if we’re up 6-0 at half-time. xD

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I like that and will use it myself with my problem watching finals. I’ll only watch a final now if we’re up 6-0 at half-time. xD

I’ll still watch us play xD but if we win big stuff it won’t really sink in that it’s real until the hangover the next day. After Istanbul I wasn’t sure if it really happened or if I was dreaming it in a coma I’d slipped into at half time somehow.

Liverpool looks really good, could be their season indeed. Even after our decent run i think we could manage a top four or even top three finish. Would be surprised if we actually won it, only thing that gives me hope is a quality bench. Our depth is the best we had in recent years. We can use our quality youth in cup games or in the Europa league to keep the top guns fresh for the league. Liverpool has good options from the bench, if they can keep this level of football they have something to hope for. This season Liverpool and City are the main contenders, but we've seen bigger upsets.

33 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

How's Firmino's eye? I think his well being is vital for Liverpool's title ambitions.

From what was said yesterday, it's not something that's going to keep him out for too long. May be a doubt for the Champions League in the week though

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why is it that Klopp and Liverpool are apparently never under pressure to win things? Paid world records fees for 3 players, spent on others, have a world class front 3 and a decent manager. Get to fuck.

A lot of the pressure managers come under is put on them by the actual fans of the club's. Klopp isn't under any pressure because simply put, Liverpool fans love him. Add to that, we have shown steady progression in each season Klops's been here so why would there be pressure when things are going so well and the football we play is attacking and exciting? 

Had the 3 cup finals gone our way (which they very easily could had) then Klopp would be hailed as a genius by all. Very fine margins. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

A lot of the pressure managers come under is put on them by the actual fans of the club's. Klopp isn't under any pressure because simply put, Liverpool fans love him. Add to that, we have shown steady progression in each season Klops's been here so why would there be pressure when things are going so well and the football we play is attacking and exciting? 

Had the 3 cup finals gone our way (which they very easily could had) then Klopp would be hailed as a genius by all. Very fine margins. 

It's good to see a club actually being patient and fans not wanting to sack the manager after 2 games without a win. I remember when shearer said klopp had not improved Liverpool xD

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

So it’s a lifelong contract without winning silverware, as long as it’s nice football? Gotcha.

You should be challenging on all 3 fronts this season. Anything less than second in the league or semis of the CL and it’s failure no matter how you paint it.

12 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

So it’s a lifelong contract without winning silverware, as long as it’s nice football? Gotcha.

You should be challenging on all 3 fronts this season. Anything less than second in the league or semis of the CL and it’s failure no matter how you paint it.

I think so long as the team keeps improving every year, why not? At a certain point, if you getting constantly better, you're probably going to win something.

10 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

That's bullshit mate xD

What if we draw Barcelona, City, Real or Bayern in the quarters of the CL and lose narrowly in extra time or even on penalties?

There are so many variables involved, so many situations that could effect a clubs chances of winning such a prestigious tournament that's being competed by the best sides in Europe.

Saying "anything other than getting to the semis is failure without thinking about everything involved in getting that far is pretty childish.

As for coming lower than second in the league being a failure.. Well I think we have a decent chance of completing that particular target but again, Chelsea are no mugs and they might have something to say about that. 

Manchester Utd with all the money they have spent should also be challenging City. The expectancy at Old Trafford is higher than at Anfield that is for sure and so it should be with the billions you lot have spent. 

Anyway, if you lot want to get your knickers in a twist because Klopp isn't under any pressure then that's up to you. As I said before, Liverpool fans are just happy with how things are going currently, under a manager that is adored. 

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why is it that Klopp and Liverpool are apparently never under pressure to win things? Paid world records fees for 3 players, spent on others, have a world class front 3 and a decent manager. Get to fuck.

There is some pressure but not much. Most sensible boards would recognise how strong city are and know that they would be highly likely to win. That factors into the apportioning of pressure... pep gets plenty. Klopp gets little. Probably unfairly mourinho gets more than klopp which is probably harsh considering they have a squad that doesn't yet top Chelseas after the spend and i still think they have spent alot without a clear vision which is what Liverpool did for a long while too with relatively underwhelming success. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

think it's the manner of the league that matters. Finishing a close third in a year where Chelsea city and Liverpool are all extremely strong at the top would come closer to meeting expectations than clear second place,  but twenty points off the pace imo.

Anyone who thinks that there isn't pressure on Klopp to win the league or champions league after the level of investment the squad has had, regardless of net spend, are being ignorant. The fans are happy of course, and it won't be a case of if they don't win anything this season he'll get sacked. But the longer he goes without silverware the quicker the sack will come, that's the case for any top manager and if Liverpool don't win anything this season then the expectation will be even bigger for next.

No owner who has a club spending as much as Liverpool have will be happy with no silverware.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Anyone who thinks that there isn't pressure on Klopp to win the league or champions league after the level of investment the squad has had, regardless of net spend, are being ignorant. The fans are happy of course, and it won't be a case of if they don't win anything this season he'll get sacked. But the longer he goes without silverware the quicker the sack will come, that's the case for any top manager and if Liverpool don't win anything this season then the expectation will be even bigger for next.

No owner who has a club spending as much as Liverpool have will be happy with no silverware.

I think most owners are happy if their club is making money to be honest and Liverpool are now one of the most profitable clubs on the planet. 

Since Klopp arrived he has a net spend of less than £100m, which broke down equals around £30m per season. Peanuts in today's market. In fact if there was a table for clubs net spend over the past 3/4 seasons then Liverpool would probably be in the bottom half. 

Obviously there is a certain degree of pressure on Klopp because he's the manager of a massive club, with a massive fan base etc etc but in terms of the amount of pressure he's under compared to other managers at clubs around our level, he's under very little. Sarri, Emery and Mourinho for instance will be under much more pressure than Klopp. 

I'm not saying things won't ever change mind! If we stagnate or totally drop off a cliff then obviously the pressure will intensify, the media will see to that. But as things stand, I'd say Klopp has one of the safest jobs in football. 

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's bullshit mate xD

What if we draw Barcelona, City, Real or Bayern in the quarters of the CL and lose narrowly in extra time or even on penalties?

There are so many variables involved, so many situations that could effect a clubs chances of winning such a prestigious tournament that's being competed by the best sides in Europe.

Saying "anything other than getting to the semis is failure without thinking about everything involved in getting that far is pretty childish.

As for coming lower than second in the league being a failure.. Well I think we have a decent chance of completing that particular target but again, Chelsea are no mugs and they might have something to say about that. 

Manchester Utd with all the money they have spent should also be challenging City. The expectancy at Old Trafford is higher than at Anfield that is for sure and so it should be with the billions you lot have spent. 

Anyway, if you lot want to get your knickers in a twist because Klopp isn't under any pressure then that's up to you. As I said before, Liverpool fans are just happy with how things are going currently, under a manager that is adored. 

It’s amusing that you lot want your cake and to eat it as well. So United who have spent and been fucking dire are under more pressure to win things than Liverpool who have spent, play better football and reached a Champions League final? How’s that childish? Surely when you spend world record fees you should be winning things? Surely when you reach a final the expectation should be to go that far again? You can be under pressure to deliver silverware without the fear of losing your job you know.

United should absolutely be competing and anything less than winning is failure. It’s just amusing that you think there’s no pressure on Klopp after losing several finals and spending a fortune on players.

You’ve definitely won the net spend trophy though, the amount you go on about it like it’s something that matters.

23 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s amusing that you lot want your cake and to eat it as well. So United who have spent and been fucking dire are under more pressure to win things than Liverpool who have spent, play better football and reached a Champions League final? How’s that childish? Surely when you spend world record fees you should be winning things? Surely when you reach a final the expectation should be to go that far again? You can be under pressure to deliver silverware without the fear of losing your job you know.

United should absolutely be competing and anything less than winning is failure. It’s just amusing that you think there’s no pressure on Klopp after losing several finals and spending a fortune on players.

You’ve definitely won the net spend trophy though, the amount you go on about it like it’s something that matters.

Wow, someone's in a mood 9_9

If course net spend matters at a club like ours. Klopp had to sell his best player amongst others to be able to revamp the squad this summer. 1 player from the 11 that started in Klopps first game with us started on Saturday, 1. Do you think Klopp would have been allowed to spend money like he did this summer without him having made a profit in every other transfer window and by him selling his best player? Of course not.

We are not Manchester Utd, City or Chelsea who can just go out and blow 100's of millions, season after season. Klopp has cost the club under £100m in the 3 years he's been here. Compare that to others at the top within the same timeframe! You can't just ignore it with fingers in your ears saying blah blah blah. 

Ok ok you win, Klopp is under massive pressure and If He doesn't win the treble this season then he'll be hung up by his big, ginger, German bollocks in front of a baying group of Utd and Everton fans. 

That better? 

38 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

. It’s just amusing that you think there’s no pressure on Klopp

No, what's amusing is that some of you seem absolutely desperate for Klopp to be under massive pressure to win things when in reality he's probably got the safest job in football. 

Now that's amusing xD

33 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wow, someone's in a mood 9_9

If course net spend matters at a club like ours. Klopp had to sell his best player amongst others to be able to revamp the squad this summer. 1 player from the 11 that started in Klopps first game with us started on Saturday, 1. Do you think Klopp would have been allowed to spend money like he did this summer without him having made a profit in every other transfer window and by him selling his best player? Of course not.

We are not Manchester Utd, City or Chelsea who can just go out and blow 100's of millions, season after season. Klopp has cost the club under £100m in the 3 years he's been here. Compare that to others at the top within the same timeframe! You can't just ignore it with fingers in your ears saying blah blah blah. 

Ok ok you win, Klopp is under massive pressure and If He doesn't win the treble this season then he'll be hung up by his big, ginger, German bollocks in front of a baying group of Utd and Everton fans. 

That better? 

You do realise the TV revenue came in after Klopp? Meaning you in fact could spend millions and it’s not only because of ‘financial management’. It’s a bonus, but got fuck all to do with the football. If you’re such a massively profitable football club like you claim, then surely you can afford it just like the Uniteds of this world? (Please don’t lump us in with oil money where the margins have no meaning).

Seems you’re not allowed to have another opinion without being in a mood. Why would United and Everton fans be want him to be hung? Bit of a bizarre rant. Again, you can be under pressure to win and still have a secure job. 

Archived