talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tony Blair Next Premier League Chairman?

Who remembers when he went on MOTD and said he remembers his father taking him to the Gallowgate to watch Jackie Milburn? When fact checked Blair was 2 years old and lived in Australia when Milburn RETIRED and the Gallowgate end was the away end xD

Pathological liar or deluded nut?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Who remembers when he went on MOTD and said he remembers his father taking him to the Gallowgate to watch Jackie Milburn? When fact checked Blair was 2 years old and lived in Australia when Milburn RETIRED and the Gallowgate end was the away end xD

I will go with both... 

Trevor Burch would be my choice as I imagine the salary wouldn't be appealing to Gordon Taylor. He bought over Abramovich to Chelsea and the Disney person to Portsmouth. He's a good sales person and he's not out of touch with the developing business world.

Tony Blair I can see would be appealing to the likes of Buck, Harris, Glaziers, Khan given his American Puppet history. However his spin off claiming to regularly go Newcastle games when he was living in Australia is pretty damning in regards to the honesty we could expect from him.

Really I think politicians should stay away from football. The Premier League is entering it's first era where the TV rights have not increased in terms of financial bidding and it's integral we have a developing business mind leading from the front so this league can be turned from a league worth 8 billion in to one worth 30-40 billion.

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

The lie was exposed when he said he was sitting at the Gallowgate. Nobody sat in the Gallowgate.

27 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

If this happens than i will be waiting to see how many players will be criticized for shaking hands with him and gifting a shirt to him   

To be fair you can't get the cunt off the tele these days so somebody must like him. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Trevor Burch would be my choice as I imagine the salary wouldn't be appealing to Gordon Taylor. He bought over Abramovich to Chelsea and the Disney person to Portsmouth. He's a good sales person and he's not out of touch with the developing business world.

Tony Blair I can see would be appealing to the likes of Buck, Harris, Glaziers, Khan given his American Puppet history. However his spin off claiming to regularly go Newcastle games when he was living in Australia is pretty damning in regards to the honesty we could expect from him.

Really I think politicians should stay away from football. The Premier League is entering it's first era where the TV rights have not increased in terms of financial bidding and it's integral we have a developing business mind leading from the front so this league can be turned from a league worth 8 billion in to one worth 30-40 billion.

This is quite literally everything Simon Jordan said the other day xD that's not a pop either as I've actually taken quite a liking to him in recent months. Think while he's got a personality that can probably rub some people up the wrong way he knows what he's on about.

Blair really has become a popular person to hate and although he done a few ridiculous things mainly joining forces with Bush in the Iraq war, never has living in England been so great, at least London.  Not going to join in the fashionable Blair bashing although there are some really funny tweets going around that I can't help but laugh out loud.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

why?

Because he's the biggest and most successful showman type we've ever had as a Prime Minister.  He was all spin and marketing which is what the Premier League is. I can only imagine how he'll use the same characteristic mannerisms for football.  The only issue I have is that he's tarnished goods amongst many of the English people.  But without a doubt living in England was never as great as it was in the best years of Blairism.

• Administrator

That's all well and good from a politics point of view, but I'd rather have someone who's more football-orientated and wants the best for the game here, as opposed to someone who is good at spinning or marketing. Possibly someone who's been involved in the game before. 

57 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The verminous war criminal would be the perfect man to oversee the final destruction of English football as a community sport.

There is no community remaining in English football at the top end. I don't say these things with merriment but with a heartfelt understanding there's no way back. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

That's all well and good from a politics point of view, but I'd rather have someone who's more football-orientated and wants the best for the game here, as opposed to someone who is good at spinning or marketing. Possibly someone who's been involved in the game before. 

Platini ?

Seriously though this idea of former players running the game sounds good but has proven to be equally worse.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Platini ?

Seriously though this idea of former players running the game sounds good but has proven to be equally worse.

I don't buy the argument of just because someone has a good way with 'spin' makes them a good fit for an organisation like the Premier League.

If it's not gonna be someone who's necessarily played the game, then at least someone who has experience of working in football or running the game.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Blair really has become a popular person to hate and although he done a few ridiculous things mainly joining forces with Bush in the Iraq war, never has living in England been so great, at least London.  Not going to join in the fashionable Blair bashing although there are some really funny tweets going around that I can't help but laugh out loud.

It's fashionable to dislike someone who's actions have brought death and suffering onto an entire country?

If only there were more people in politics who didn't see greed and war as a viable solution to problems they face. But then there'd be no bandwagon to jump on eh :shoot:

Archived