• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Ryan Giggs Does Not Watch Gareth Bale Because He Does Not Pay for Eleven Sports

Recommended Posts

This is quite unbelievable really when you consider this is a national team manager confessing he does not watch his one good player because he does not pay for the tv subscription. 

This is the same manager who thought it was his God given right to be given a major managerial job with no experience and thought certain Premier League jobs were beneath him.

I'm going to hazard a guess that he hasn't watched Anderlecht's James Lawrence either who he's picked ahead of Joe Roden. Joe Roden, born in Wales, has had a very good start to the season in a back two for Swansea. James Lawrence, born in England, doesn't start regularly in a back three for Anderlecht and it's unknown if he's ever visited Wales. Seems like an ongoing obsession with putting English players before Welsh talent really given Wales play with a back two.

Quote

Ryan Giggs says he is unaware of Gareth Bale's struggles at Real Madrid because he does not have the TV channel covering their domestic games.

Subscription channel Eleven Sports is the official TV rights holders of La Liga games in the UK and Ireland, with matches broadcast through its online streaming platform.

But Giggs does not have access to the channel and admits he is struggling to keep an eye on Bale's fortunes.

"I've not seen many of the games because they're not on Sky any more," Giggs said as he announced a 26-man squad for the Nations League decider against Denmark in Cardiff on Nov 16 and the friendly in Albania four days later.

"They are on Eleven Sports and I haven't got that. I haven't seen it. But we're talking about a world-class player who never lets his country down."

In a tongue-in-cheek reference to a saying which became popular when Giggs replaced David Moyes as Manchester United manager in 2014, Eleven Sports said it was willing to give the service "to Giggsy until the end of the season".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he not travel over there to watch him? I suppose the assumption is he is always going to be picked no matter what form because of his obvious talent but it's still strange to admit that in an interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 - how can he not afford it? 

2 - how is he not able to get access to a game or two to watch Real at the Bernabeu?? 

3 - does he actually need to watch Bale? He probably knows all that he needs about him because of how good a player he is. Not like he's an unknown entity that needs a bit of scouting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He must rely on scouts judgment to do the looking for him and listen to what they say? if he does then I don't think much of him as an International team manager, he has to see players play even at a match or on tv.

I have read many an article that a player played his socks off in a particular match as he was told by his club manager/coach that his countries manager is in the stands watching the game, you can call that good 'Man Management' by the team manager/coach' if you want which seems Giggs has not mastered that yet, I have always said that when he was beside Lous Van Gaal as assistant manager when LVG managed United Giggs was just a 'Nodding Dog' sitting beside him, he agreed with everything LVG said. 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he actually need to watch Bale though? This isn’t a kid that’s just coming through, that you’d need to watch, he’s one of the best players Wales has, potentially one of their best players of all time. If he’s not in form at Madrid, does it matter? He’ll always make the Wales squad regardless. 

It’d be a bit like if Harry Kane moved to Real Madrid and Gareth Southgate didn’t have Eleven Sports, would he really need to be watching the man who’s, rightfully, the first name of his teamsheet regardless of whether they’re playing France or St Kitts & Nevis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh.

He needs to focus on watching the rest of the squad anyway. Lets be honest, if Bale was performing shite week in week out he would still be starting for Wales. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's not much to watch as has already been mentioned here.  Most weeks he's terrible, then he gets injured for a while and all of a sudden has a spectacular game or two... It's very reptitive and happens every season with Gareth Bale.  I'm not surprised he doesn't want to PAY xD for his subscription.  I would've thought he feels he should get it for free considering who he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And this is why forums are 99% a sanctuary for those that have more than one brain cell. I forgot I wasn’t on Facebook and half expected the first reply to be BuT hE FuCKed HiS bROthERS WiFe 😐

 

Yeah, it’s a bit shit he doesn’t watch him, but does he need to? He needs to concentrate on the ‘lesser’ talent he probably knows fuck all about as @The Palace Fan states.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, True Blue said:

But he fucked his brothers wife

Everytime that comment emerges I continue to be shocked.  It's all just too fantastical and either relates to some sort of pornographic scene or a down and out low life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Everytime that comment emerges I continue to be shocked.  It's all just too fantastical and either relates to some sort of pornographic scene or a down and out low life.

for seven years too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

for seven years too

I know... Even today I think it's all a load of cob wash to be honest because I can't imagine anyone doing that. Sorry @DeadLinesman for bringing this down to social media level. xD:ph34r::eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He also decked Danni Bher and nothing's said about that, Manchester United players just get away with it. He's every bit as loathsome as someone like Terry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

He also decked Danni Bher and nothing's said about that, Manchester United players just get away with it. He's every bit as loathsome as someone like Terry.

For shame, Giggs is a reprehensible human being that pretended to be a gentleman, Terry is east-London scum and has never pretended to be otherwise. A true example of humanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure him and David Beckham were not on speaking terms in 2003 after he cheated on his cousin with his future wife to be. He also had an affair with the Welsh model that was in Big Brother. But it's all ok, because he scored a good goal against Arsenal in 1999.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm pretty sure him and David Beckham were not on speaking terms in 2003 after he cheated on his cousin with his future wife to be. He also had an affair with the Welsh model that was in Big Brother. But it's all ok, because he scored a good goal against Arsenal in 1999.

I know it’s not the point of your post but I kind of agree with the above. I mean, it’s not okay to commit adultery and to heap on a load of misery on someone you’re that close to but who cares what people do away from the football pitch? Football fans aren’t immune from adultery and sleeping with people they shouldn’t be sleeping with so judging a footballer, albeit one who’s been very successful and was paid handsomely for it, for their behaviour is a bit daft.

Giggs will be remembered for his contribution to Manchester United over his off-the-pitch behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I know it’s not the point of your post but I kind of agree with the above. I mean, it’s not okay to commit adultery and to heap on a load of misery on someone you’re that close to but who cares what people do away from the football pitch? Football fans aren’t immune from adultery and sleeping with people they shouldn’t be sleeping with so judging a footballer, albeit one who’s been very successful and was paid handsomely for it, for their behaviour is a bit daft.

Giggs will be remembered for his contribution to Manchester United over his off-the-pitch behaviour.

I agree with that which is why I never understood Hoddle’s sacking as Englans coach back in the day for those beliefs he held and of which he made public.

But... and the is a but...

These people benefit fron their celebrity status with which you get judged on because the information is out out there into the public mainstream. With that comes opinion which is natural. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree with that which is why I never understood Hoddle’s sacking as Englans coach back in the day for those beliefs he held and of which he made public.

Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A ridiculous revelation. Yes Bale is going to be in the squads almost regardless of performance but surely he should still be watching him to see how he's playing and what system would work to get the best out of Bale?

I mean it's not exactly a shock to question Giggs commitment to the national team. This is a man that didn't play in a single friendly for Wales from 1991-2000 he was always 'injured'. It's ridiculous that he got the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Have you ever heard about Buddhism, mate?

Yep. Well aware of their views on women and disabled people. However there's a time and a place to express your views. Doing it whilst you're the manager of your national country is not the right time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wow.

It's a religious view on reincarnation. It's a belief! An established belief that is lawful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's got a team full of Championship level players to manage, he doesn't need to watch Bale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It's a religious view on reincarnation. It's a belief! An established belief that is lawful.

 

10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yep. Well aware of their views on women and disabled people. However there's a time and a place to express your views. Doing it whilst you're the manager of your national country is not the right time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, True Blue said:

But he fucked his brothers wife

BuT hE FuCKed HiS bROthERS WiFe 😐   

****

Edited by JOSHBRFC
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I know it’s not the point of your post but I kind of agree with the above. I mean, it’s not okay to commit adultery and to heap on a load of misery on someone you’re that close to but who cares what people do away from the football pitch? Football fans aren’t immune from adultery and sleeping with people they shouldn’t be sleeping with so judging a footballer, albeit one who’s been very successful and was paid handsomely for it, for their behaviour is a bit daft. 

Giggs will be remembered for his contribution to Manchester United over his off-the-pitch behaviour. 

I do agree, not in any sense making excuses for Giggs but I couldn't care less what he gets upto. It's just the hypocritical nature of our press who pick and choose who they demonise, Giggs is seemingly allowed a free pass for all types of misdemeanours whereas other players are pilloried for far less.

The vast majority of human beings are incorrigible cunts.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

 

 

But their not views, it's a religious doctrine, a belief.  It's not something you say to make anyone feel bad... It's about faith!

If the answer was relevant to a question and he didn't all of a sudden say; "Hold on, I want to make this statement on certain beliefs I have" then there's nothing wrong with it.  I'm pretty sure that in there are no rules in England head coaching position that say you can't be a Buddhist.  

There is absolutely NO WAY any one religion takes president over another in a country like this one.  It was WRONG to sack him for that and it occurred because the people that had their feelings hurt are the ones with issues,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

But their not views, it's a religious doctrine, a belief.  It's not something you say to make anyone feel bad... It's about faith!

If the answer was relevant to a question and he didn't all of a sudden say; "Hold on, I want to make this statement on certain beliefs I have" then there's nothing wrong with it.  I'm pretty sure that in there are no rules in England head coaching position that say you can't be a Buddhist.  

There is absolutely NO WAY any one religion takes president over another in a country like this one.  It was WRONG to sack him for that and it occurred because the people that had their feelings hurt are the ones with issues,

Needless to say, given your comments about people choosing to fly on helicopters after the helicopter crash in Leicester before the number of casualties were known im not going to try convince you that there's a time and a place to make certain comments as it's clearly a hopeless battle.

I also would like to take this time to apologise to any of you reading this that have to cope with the difficulties of supporting a disabled loved one that have taken offence to the comments quoted above where you've effectively been told you have issues. I would also like to express the viewpoints shared by Balon are not representative of all staff members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Needless to say, given your comments about people choosing to fly on helicopters after the helicopter crash in Leicester before the number of casualties were known im not going to try convince you that there's a time and a place to make certain comments as it's clearly a hopeless battle.

I also would like to take this time to apologise to any of you reading this that have to cope with the difficulties of supporting a disabled loved one that have taken offence to the comments quoted above where you've effectively been told you have issues. I would also like to express the viewpoints shared by Balon are not representative of all staff members.

They're not my viewpoints, their the viewpoints of an established religion called Buddhism.  I am not a Buddhist and I do not subscribe to those beliefs so that one's out of the window.  If anyone's offended by whatever I said, be sure to read again, use the Private Message facility and express your viewpoint.

Take for example what Ron Atkinson said years ago on live commentary, well that's offensive, out of context, not subscribing to any lawful subscription.

You can dig all you like and stir what you will, but there's nothing in it.

Just to say that I myself have two cousins that have Down Syndrome Spain... I hate the fact I've brought that up but sometimes you're  pushed into going  natural instincts.  Maybe I'll PM myself to express my utmost disgust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They're not my viewpoints, their the viewpoints of an established religion called Buddhism.  I am not a Buddhist and I do not subscribe to those beliefs so that one's out of the window.  If anyone's offended by whatever I said, be sure to read again, use the Private Message facility and express your viewpoint.

Take for example what Ron Atkinson said years ago on live commentary, well that's offensive, out of context, not subscribing to any lawful subscription.

You can dig all you like and stir what you will, but there's nothing in it.

Just to say that I myself have two cousins that have Down Syndrome Spain... I hate the fact I've brought that up but sometimes you're  pushed into going  natural instincts.  Maybe I'll PM myself to express my utmost disgust.

It's not. It's an overly simplified and bastardised version of viewpoints and concepts in Buddhism which are mostly mis-interpreted and mixed with weird New Age healing bullshit in the West either way; not to mention that there are various schools within Buddhism that hold different views about different matters. Whatever those views are though, reincarnation and Karma in Buddhist thought are not about punishment whatsoever and it's not meant to be understood in fatalistic terms.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement