• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 4-5th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Bit nervous for tonight. Exactly the kind of game where Fulham find their inner Barcelona and beat us 3-0 or similar, easily. Not to mention it being at the hands of Ranieri. 

After leaving the forum for eight hours I feel in a position to comment again.

I was sitting behind the goal to the left side so I was in a position to see all the key points.

The first penalty. I mean wtf. How anybody can be against VAR is beyond me. The linesman is a coward too. I thought it was a great tackle to get the ball.

I thought Glenn Murray was fouled in the area but he went looking for the penalty and went down easily. Effectively ruining any man crush I still had for him. If he's broken a collar bone it teaches him right.

The head butt looked as clear as day to me. I was worried for a second the referee didn't see it. The lack of appeal from Duffy was rather telling.

The second goal was just lazy and complacent defending on our part. We thought we could walk to victory after being a man up.

After that we didn't seem to get a fortunate bounce or connect with the ball correctly. Brighton were very good at closing down and wanted the win more. I was scared of complacency after the Burnley win and that's exactly what happened.

Florian Andone had an excellent game but that this goal we conceded was nothing short of an absolute disgrace. I've never been more annoyed at our defending in all my time as a Palace fan.

There will be a lot made of our fans. The Argus are making it out to be carnage. In all honesty I only saw a couple (as in about 5) make homophobic remarks when all Palace fans were kept behind. The Brighton fans were goading them and felt untouchable. Whilst its not acceptable, its not the chaos thats being reported. However there was far too many Palace fans getting in Police Officers faces near the end at the station and unsurprisingly arrests were made. 

• Subscriber

Tosun starts for us in place of Bernard with Richarlison returning to the left wing. Lookman replaces Walcott on the right. Keane rested with Zouma partnering Mina. Chuffed with those changes. Let's give these a twatting.

• Subscriber

We're already in double figures for corners and literally not even one of them has been met by an Everton player.

As I was typing that we scored from a corner. Classic me. Apparently it was Richarlison but I wouldn't know because my latest stream crashed as Gylfi was stepping up to take the corner.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived