talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gonzalo Higuain Completes Loan Move to Chelsea

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

On the down low I am tempted to create 4 new fake profiles of people from all different corners of the globe (I was thinking Ghana, Israel, Iran and Peru so Brian could have a friend) just to call Higuain a useless fat cunt, undermine his successes, talk shit about River Plate having an awful season and just generally get into fights with Blake to see what he says about each ethnicity

I like Snrub’s thinking.

40 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I love how much @Berserker loves Higuain.

It's reminds me of me defending Messi to my mates, who don't fully understand football and think Ronaldo(or anyone for that matter) is in the same league.

Your friends are smart bois. Messi may be the best, he may not be. But he certainly isn't in 'another league' to some of the other top world class players imo.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Reports stating it's a 6 month loan with an option to buy. He hits a few targets we can extend the loan. 

Basically taking over the deal AC Milan had with Juventus which means a €9m loan fee for the second half of the season I think. With the option to buy set at €36m.

• Subscriber

TRANSFER ON! GONZALO HIGUAIN WILL BE A CHELSEA PLAYER AFTER AGREEING MOVE WITH JUVENTUS

JACK PORTER  -  07:58, 17 Jan 2019

The Argentine forward Gonzalo Higuain will now be serenaded around Stamford Bridge after a deal was agreed between Chelsea and his parent club Juventus.

The 31-year-old will end his loan move at Serie A side AC Milan and spearhead Maurizio Sarri’s attack once again, this time in West London (SkySports).

Higuain played under the Italian at former club Napoli for a single season before moving onto the Old Lady and winning back-to-back titles in Turin.

The loan move for Higuain certainly seems to signal the end of Alvaro Morata’s time at Chelsea. The Spaniard has been cast out into the cold with the dazzling Eden Hazard shifted upfront in recent games. Morata has been dropped from the Blues squad entirely in five of the last seven league occasions and with Sevilla, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona circling, the striker will no doubt find his passage out of Chelsea eased with Higuain’s arrival. It is generally expected that Hazard will be shifted out onto his preferred left wing.

Though many speculate it may be a little too long, a little too late to bring in a player on the wrong side of 30 as a major January signing, Higuain's pedigree certainly holds weight.

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/transfer-on-gonzalo-higuain-will-be-a-chelsea-player-after-agreeing-move-with-juventus

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Almost a done deal 6 months loan plus a year if he starts banging them in.

If Berserker doesn't change his team to Chelsea is he really a Higuain fan?

I'll be the biggest Chelsea fan, we can even go bash Milwall fans together.

9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Who is he mate?

Simon Phillips. 

This is a great deal for us. Given our policy on footballers over 30, we are giving Higuain 6 months to show what he's worth vs the fees it will take to bring him here permanently. If he does well, can only see us activating the 18 month loan vs buying him. 

Can only hope the Sarri effect will do to him like Benitez and Torres. If he does a job similar to Eto'o, we will no doubt finish top 4. 

Another note, whether this is a success or failure, is down to Sarri. 

I have no problem with signing Higuain, if it's a 6 month probation he will work his arse off for that extra year. If he proves good then keep him for an extra year. We can't lose in this deal. Morata will surely be loaned now, with Atletico Madrid his likely destination. Also i doubt he will be returning to the cub again, similar to the Torres loan.

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I have no problem with signing Higuain, if it's a 6 month probation he will work his arse off for that extra year. If he proves good then keep him for an extra year. We can't lose in this deal. Morata will surely be loaned now, with Atletico Madrid his likely destination. Also i doubt he will be returning to the cub again, similar to the Torres loan.

We bring in Higuain, Paredes, and keep Odoi, I'd give this window a 9/10. 

Full backs are still an issue, however I am still adamant we can finish top 4. 

Just now, Cicero said:

We bring in Higuain, Paredes, and keep Odoi, I'd give this window a 9/10. 

Full backs are still an issue, however I am still adamant we can finish top 4. 

Agreed on all, with Spurs injury crisis it is an ideal chance to gain ground on the top four spots.

Can't underestimate how much of a feel good factor his signing will bring to the side as well... As Blue said I think he will be working hard for at least 6 months and he does have a good understanding of Sarri's methods so that's a bonus.. If we do manage to get a couple more in to bolster the side it should freshen things up a bit, Passing wise and possession wise we are doing well, just need to sharpen up and be more of a threat in attack.. 

• Subscriber

Chelsea want Gonzalo Higuain to face Arsenal after agreeing to a transfer with Juventus

SIMON JOHNSON | 5 hours ago

Chelsea are trying to complete the signing of Gonazo Higuain in time so he can make his debut against Arsenal on Saturday.

The west London club agreed a deal with Juventus late last night to sign the Argentina international on loan for the rest of the season, which will pave the way for Alvaro Morata to leave for Atletico Madrid.

Chelsea have until 12pm on Friday to officially register the 31-year-old as a member of the squad for the striker to be able to feature against Unai Emery’s side at Emirates Stadium the following day

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-want-gonzalo-higuain-to-face-arsenal-after-agreeing-transfer-with-juventus-a4041326.html

Good deal for Chelsea, a six month loan deal with an option to either exend the loan for twelve months or to buy outright. Chelsea get the opportunity to see if Higuain can cut it in the Premium without spending £30M on him,  but I don't see what Juventus gets out of this.

• The title was changed to Gonzalo Higuain Completes Loan Move to Chelsea

Archived