talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I have a feeling there'll be a rock-solid attitude of defence towards the abuser, and claims that the women 'should have left the relationship earlier' to avoid being assaulted, or that it was their fault and not Brand's.

Just a hunch.

• Upvote 1

Pretty horrible viewing and I hope there’s some sort of justice for the victims out there somewhere. But the reality is there won’t be hence going public.

He’s going the Tate route of garnering an online following that will support him no matter what. Pathetic.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It's possible,  he was a heavy drug user in those years and part of the Hollywood  sanctum.    I will afford the right to trial before passing any judgment. 

Drugs make rape and sexual assault okay?

Seems like you're making excuses for abusers. 

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Drugs make rape and sexual assault okay?

Seems like you're making excuses for abusers. 

To be fair, he didn't say that. What he said though was that drug consume would make sexual assault or rape somewhat explicable in the sense of more likely. Which is an implication me and I'm sure many others who used or still use drugs regurlarly reject forcefully.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, he didn't say that. What he said though was that drug consume would make seual assault or rape somewhat explicable in the sense of more likely. Which is a message me and I'm sure many others who used or still use drugs regurlarly reject indignantely.

I think there was an insinuation that because Brand was part of rife drug use culture then it would excuse the offences. Otherwise why mention it... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I think there was an insinuation that because Brand was part of rife drug use culture then it would excuse the offences. Otherwise why mention it... 

To imply only people doing something he looks down on like taking drugs, would commit such crimes, while those like himself who don't were above all suspicion.

18 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, he didn't say that. What he said though was that drug consume would make sexual assault or rape somewhat explicable in the sense of more likely. Which is an implication me and I'm sure many others who used or still use drugs regurlarly reject forcefully.

At that point Brand was in all kinds of trouble for his drug and alcohol usage,  he lost all control of his life and maybe these are remnants or ghosts of the past,   I am not sure where Stan jumps to his conclusions from.

If it so turns out that he is proven guilty after a proper trial and proper evidence,  then he will have to pay for his wrongdoings.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

If it so turns out that he is proven guilty after a proper trial and proper evidence,  then he will have to pay for his wrongdoings

Do you believe the victims who have made the reports? Or do you automatically think Brand is innocent? 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To imply only people doing something he looks down on like taking drugs, would commit such crimes, while those like himself who don't were above all suspicion.

I can't make sense of this, sorry. 

On 17/09/2023 at 03:19, Stan said:

Russell Brand. 

Times and Dispatches programme reports evidence from women that suffered rapes and sexual assaults by him. 

I wonder if that's why he's spent so much time repositioning himself as an alternative media figure since the me too stuff - has he been waiting for these allegations to come out so he can say "the mainstream media is trying to silence me?"

• Upvote 1

I think Russell Brand is a good commentator on things going on as he does offer a different angle on things and he presents it in an engaging way. He has been going more and more conspiratorial with time but people have to be smart enough to pick and choose what they agree with rather than following anyone blindly. It's an area that someone can quickly cultivate a following because news media is generally poor and American news media specifically just seems like wall to wall dogshit. So overall, as a commentator on news I think he's a net positive. Similar to Rogan but better with words.

In terms of these allegations, it definitely seems like he used to move reckless and didn't used to care about consequences so I wouldn't be surprised if they were true. Drugs might not be an excuse but they do play a part in people's abandoning of right and wrong. That can't be denied. Should he still be punished if he's guilty of these allegations? Obviously.

As with all allegations though, if I don't know if it's true or false, I'm not going to throw everything behind supporting one side or attacking one side.

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

I think Russell Brand is a good commentator on things going on as he does offer a different angle on things and he presents it in an engaging way. He has been going more and more conspiratorial with time but people have to be smart enough to pick and choose what they agree with rather than following anyone blindly. It's an area that someone can quickly cultivate a following because news media is generally poor and American news media specifically just seems like wall to wall dogshit. So overall, as a commentator on news I think he's a net positive. Similar to Rogan but better with words.

In terms of these allegations, it definitely seems like he used to move reckless and didn't used to care about consequences so I wouldn't be surprised if they were true. Drugs might not be an excuse but they do play a part in people's abandoning of right and wrong. That can't be denied. Should he still be punished if he's guilty of these allegations? Obviously.

As with all allegations though, if I don't know if it's true or false, I'm not going to throw everything behind supporting one side or attacking one side.

I agree that some content has gotten a little out of hand however a large part of his content is very good.   he often comments on articles written by liberal writers who are not hyper partisan and goes through the background checks thoroughly.  

Brand has established that mainstream media is funded by the exact same corporate entities and the people they bring on have ties to Munitions, Big Pharma without disclosing it, often these these people act in dual capacity in the corporates and government leading to what America is, a technocracy controlled by the will of corporate handlers who have plants inside government ensuring they are unregulated .

I have seen the witch hunt on him where he is now branded "right wing",  anyone with a lick of sense will know Brand like Carlson are not right wing, Carlson is a long time Libertarian and Brand is a hardcore Bernie boy and very opposed to all Conservatives bar maybe Ramaswamy.

I will wait on substantial evidence before passing moral condemnation.  I watch his videos but normally only post the more informative pieces where the legwork was established by proper journalists.  One doesn't have to believe it, however it's more thought provocative than the shill crap posted here from MSNBC one major media house that Brand exposed and whom have a vested interest in trying to deplatform him as he is a counter to their DNC shilling.

he has done a response and like I posted above, it's smells like a stitch up when someone flies to close to the sun.

he is very candid about his lifestyle in those years and has been explicit about it in his book where he writes candidly about his struggles with sex, drugs and alcohol.

I am waiting for more substance outside two woman alleging to be raped with absolutely fuck all else which just screams Brett Kavanagh all over again.

The timing is also beautiful, Brand like other independent media is giving fair shake to political discourse and the mainstream don't want that.  They want to control the election narrative again.

• Administrator

The timing is also beautiful, Brand like other independent media is giving fair shake to political discourse and the mainstream don't want that.  They want to control the election narrative again

What does politics have to do with it? Sexual assault/rape isn't and shouldn't be politicised. 

'The mainstream don't want that'. As if they've gone out and found two women to randomly fabricate something that can be deeply tragic and harrowing to experience. 

he is very candid about his lifestyle in those years and has been explicit about it in his book where he writes candidly about his struggles with sex, drugs and alcohol.

I am waiting for more substance outside two woman alleging to be raped with absolutely fuck all else which just screams Brett Kavanagh all over again.

You're happy to believe one man (you're politically aligned with) who admitted struggles with substance misuse and sex, but not happy to believe or give credence to two women who may have suffered at the hands of Brand? 

In fact, what else would you like them to provide you with? Is rape not enough?

23 hours ago, Stan said:

What does politics have to do with it? Sexual assault/rape isn't and shouldn't be politicised. 

'The mainstream don't want that'. As if they've gone out and found two women to randomly fabricate something that can be deeply tragic and harrowing to experience. 

You're happy to believe one man (you're politically aligned with) who admitted struggles with substance misuse and sex, but not happy to believe or give credence to two women who may have suffered at the hands of Brand? 

In fact, what else would you like them to provide you with? Is rape not enough?

1) Russell Brand picked up underhanded tactics by MSNBC and less so Fox, but because they then tried to cancel his on air interview while discussing why MSNBC never disclose the sources of their information or guests, they then ejected him from the studio.   

MSNBC run hit pieces all day that run from Brett kavanagh, to Joe Rogan, to Trump and now Brand there are probably a lot more who are not politically aligned.  the timing of this is odd

2) they fabricated the Brett kavanagh stories into a hit piece and the same with stormy Daniels

3) they are allegations of rape, they are not even official charges.  Rape is not tolerated in western society, however that can only be determined at the end of a trial.  We saw with Mendys case that woman can lie about the nature of it.   Given brands history it is possible, but possible is not the burden of proof, it's beyond reasonable doubt.

4) I don't align with Brand at all, he is progressive and I am closer to libertarian

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

1) Russell Brand picked up underhanded tactics by MSNBC and less so Fox, but because they then tried to cancel his on air interview while discussing why MSNBC never disclose the sources of their information or guests, they then ejected him from the studio.   

MSNBC run hit pieces all day that run from Brett kavanagh, to Joe Rogan, to Trump and now Brand there are probably a lot more who are not politically aligned.  the timing of this is odd

2) they fabricated the Brett kavanagh stories into a hit piece and the same with stormy Daniels

3) they are allegations of rape, they are not even official charges.  Rape is not tolerated in western society, however that can only be determined at the end of a trial.  We saw with Mendys case that woman can lie about the nature of it.   Given brands history it is possible, but possible is not the burden of proof, it's beyond reasonable doubt.

4) I don't align with Brand at all, he is progressive and I am closer to libertarian

So you think everyone is now out to get Brand because he didn't like the way he was treated by a media organisation?

'Rape is not tolerated in western society'. Sorry, but rape should not be tolerated in any society! That doesn't need any trial determination. 

Did the women lie about Mendy, or could it just not be proved that rape occurred? There's a world of difference between the two. 

• Upvote 1

On 19/09/2023 at 03:55, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wonder if that's why he's spent so much time repositioning himself as an alternative media figure since the me too stuff - has he been waiting for these allegations to come out so he can say "the mainstream media is trying to silence me?"

I would think it's less of a premeditated plan and more a reaction of  fleeing a sinking ship. If you're like him you are seeing the way mainstream culture is now, that it's more anti celebrity, and very throw away, as being completely at odds with your own personal values and you have nowhere to go but outside the box.