talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Tuesday 9th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Think Spurs can actually get a win here and upset City but the return-leg is where they'll get undone. Plus, they have the added weight of having to play them again to keep themselves in the run for CL spots in the league as well so that will factor into how Poch sets them up. They play City three times in a span of ten days, with the last two being away, and if they can keep the intensity up (both teams) we're going to have a cracker of a watch because on their day both these teams play some lovely stuff.

• Subscriber

They're right that if you give that Man Utd one at PSG, you have to give that too really. It's a worrying direction to go in though. The rule needs a complete overhaul for me.

8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

City away in Europe are just bizarre. Look a totally different team, in a bad way. 

Guardiola away in Europe doesn't actually have that stellar a record. I remember his Barcelona side only one or two out 10 or so games. He definitely goes a bit more conservative. 

He'll want at least a goal though.

• Subscriber

I kind of expected Spurs to win today but that return leg is where they'll get undone because they will be playing away and City at home are very good. Having said all that Pep won't be touching the Cup again this season so I suppose they'll have to settle for whatever else they are scrapping for.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Tuesday 9th April, 2019 (QF 1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived