talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool - Wednesday 1st May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)

Harsh on Liverpool. They deserved much more.

Messi is brilliant, but has a cuntish side that the media never highlights.

I think Barça are as good as through. But a buzzing Anfield, on a Tuesday night, can still give them a good scare.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don’t see why Liverpool can’t score 3 at Anfield, the problem is I can see Barce nabbing a couple of away goals

Yeah an away goal for us would have made a turnaround so much more achievable. Very difficult now but there's hope with Barcelona shipping 3s and 4s at Juventus, Roma and PSG in the last 2/3 seasons

14 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

You know what, I've never known a Barcelona team to be able to defend as well as this one and be able to spend lengthy periods without possession and not get hammered. A lot of last ditch tackles and sometimes mistakes, but they kept a clean sheet and Ter Stegen only had to make around 2 class saves(along with the goal line clearance and Salah hitting the post), despite Liverpool having a lot of possession and looking very dangerous. Pique has been immense as the season has progressed and is having the best season of his career in my opinion.

3-0 didn't tell the story in the end I wouldn't say as it was a closer game than that, but another thing I like about this side is how clinical they are. It's not always great to watch compared to past Barcelona teams and the wins aren't always done so in the most convincing of manners, but with Xavi and Iniesta no longer around, the team have had to evolve in order to continue succeeding.

Semedo should start in every important game as he did a fantastic job when he came on. He does get plenty of minutes, although is always utilised in rotation with Sergi Roberto. I like Roberto, he's a very versatile player who can occupy various positions to a good level, although as a full back alone, Semedo is easily better for me.

Vidal has been an unsung hero this season and you can see why Valverde likes to have a player like him in his squad, it was a wise decision to start him last night. Arthur is quality and will be a key player for many years to come, although due to his young age and slight lack of experience, I don't think this specific game was for him at this moment in time. Liverpool under Klopp are a ruthless team, they scare the shit out of you and you need warriors like Vidal in these type of occasions.

Fair play to Suarez, he took his chance well and while he is nowhere near as consistent as he was, he still manages to score goals when it matters the most. His goal was very important as it opened the dead-lock in a game which could easily have gone the other way. I don't get the criticism of him celebrating though as he had just scored in the semi final of a competition that he will be dying to win again. How could you not celebrate in that situation? Liverpool fans shouldn't take that one personally as he's always speaking highly of them.

As for Messi, there isn't much I can say about him that I haven't been saying for about 13 years, but that free-kick was ridiculous. As good as a free-kick as you'll get and Klopp's reaction said it all. I would say he was a bellend for making the most of Milner's challenge though as it was uncharacteristic of him. You'd expect it from Alba(who was also class last night, both defensively and offensively) but not from Messi. Other than that, I thought he showed great leadership abilities last night and he was well up for that game despite having 4 players on him whenever he picked up the ball.

Liverpool were actually brilliant though for me in periods last night. Easily the best side Barcelona have had to face this season and how that was 3-0 was surprising. In saying that, there could quite easily have been 5 Barcelona goals scored last night as Dembele should have buried both of those late chances. You can tell he's lacking sharpness after coming back from injury or you'd have fancied him to have scored those 2 chances, especially the 2nd one.

Personally I don't think this tie is over as Anfield is one of the worst grounds to go to and Liverpool are certainly a side who are capable of scoring 4 goals on their day against any side.

That freekick was nothing special, I could of bent that in with my weak foot passed that Alison, Messi though was cheating the whole game, diving, asking for yellow cards and even got that freekick which led to the goal by making a foul himself he really is a weasel. .

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Panna King said:

That freekick was nothing special, I could of bent that in with my weak foot passed that Alison, Messi though was cheating the whole game, diving, asking for yellow cards and even got that freekick which led to the goal by making a foul himself he really is a weasel. .

Sorry but where did he dive? 

Not sure why there's so much fuss about the free kick. Fabinho blocks him off in the collision. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sorry but where did he dive? 

Not sure why there's so much fuss about the free kick. Fabinho blocks him off in the collision. 

He dived several times, also when he made that pathetic roll and laughed then put his hand up for a yellow card.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Panna King said:

He dived several times, also when he made that pathetic roll and laughed then put his hand up for a yellow card.

Okay so that clip shows him being barged by Milner and rolling over.

I'll ask again - where's the dive?

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Okay so that clip shows him being barged by Milner and rolling over.

I'll ask again - where's the dive?

Hardly barged him, Messi just made the most of it by what you saw after, he does this a lot with the tactical dives.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Hardly barged him, Messi just made the most of it by what you saw after, he does this a lot with the tactical dives.

Milner barges him after the ball is put out of play. So clear to see xD.

Still yet to see where else Messi dived...

• Subscriber

I see a red dot indicating what the actual position of the ball should be? Sorry dont get it.

Also, Messi never simulated a foul in that game but what he did do, as does every other player, is roll around like someone shot him and then demanded a yellow card for it too. I don't care either way we have a second leg and its not entirely impossible we'll have him shut out in the first half like we did in the Camp Nou.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

The Red dot is the foul?

Yeah its where the foul occurred and where the ball was finally placed by Barcelona for the restart/freekick. Hard to tell since it seems like the place where the dot in the first image looks like two players colliding after a pass but I get it now.

TBH, its hard to say that any player (not just ours) would get it and the ball placement at the end of the day is up to the referee really so he should be marking the spot and sticking to it even if the opposition tries to gain ground.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Has anyone seen that video of linekar and Ferdinando celebrating Messi's goal xD

Yes. Nothing wrong with it. 

Liverpool fans getting arsey about it. Just 2 people, football fans nonetheless celebrating a fantastic goal from the world's greatest player. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived