Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

    The better place to talk football.

Cheese


football forum

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

It's the best. What's your favourite kind of cheese? 

 

 

I love everything. From a nice Feta, to goat cheese, Parmesan or a nice stinky Gorgonzola...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign up to remove this ad.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Fucking love cheese. 

Love a good cheeseboard with nice selection of cheese (duh), crackers, grapes and chutneys. Maybe some wine too. 

Really enjoy a good mature cheddar. Also taken a liking to moderately spicy cheeses recently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely love cheese, but can't eat most of it. 

There is a cheese here that has some kind of crystals in it and still a form of American cheese. It's the best I've ever had. 

Munster is also class. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gooey blue cheeses

Goat cheeses, particularly the ashes chevre

Soft bries

Bocconcini blobs

Hard matured cheeses.

All amazing but I prefer them probably in that order.

Parmesan is essential also. Particularly shaved and served on top of pasta or risotto.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

One thing I don't like is blue cheese/really smelly cheeses. 

Ordered a pizza once with roquefort cheese on it not knowing it was a blue cheese and I had that taste in my mouth for ages. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

The same as @Stan, I fucking love my cheese and the wife will always buy the one shown below and we both love it, seriously strong and the wife will use it a lot when she is making  spaghetti bolognese or wee Kaidens calls it 'Grannies Macaroni with cheese sauce' he loves it and so do we all, if ever I get heartburn then all I will do is brake off some cheese and suck and chew away and my heartburn will just disappear .

 

 

 hu84CG2KYl1f3zjlbkwTcwOcFVpd4Okjuprv10Qs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Oh, and I made my favourites this morning for breakfast 4 cheese toasties in the sandwich toaster with the cheese in my previous post, another good cheese is Red Leicester.  

Red Leicester is great for cheese on toast (as is Cathedral) or cheese on crumpets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Red Leicester is great for cheese on toast (as is Cathedral) or cheese on crumpets. 

Aye, the wife will always go for Red Leicester if the other is not handy, Cathedral is good too but really any cheese is good. 

 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ccd60ce7261525759

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

Love good cheese; especially alongside good whisky.

Prefer sheep cheese, goat cheese, feta and aged hard cheeses mostly. Pecorino, Gouda, Grana Padano, Gruyére, Parmigiano, Asiago. Enjoy blue cheeses every once in a while as well but it's certainly an acquired taste... 

But anyway; some hard cheese, some blue cheese, some goat cheese, maybe some cold cuts too. When I make a charcuterie board myself, I usually go for 2-3 different sorts of cheese and 2-3 different sorts of meats. Then a lot of olives, preferably green and kalamata. Some bruschetta, some lightly grilled slices of focaccia with a drizzle of olive oil. And a bottle of good single malt. Perfection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Are these two not the same?

Yes and no... Original Feta is sheep (or sheep/goat) cheese, but not all sheep cheeses are feta. If that makes sense haha. Like, Pecorino is also sheep cheese, but it's hard and not brined like Feta etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Love good cheese; especially alongside good whisky.

Prefer sheep cheese, goat cheese, feta and aged hard cheeses mostly. Pecorino, Gouda, Grana Padano, Gruyére, Parmigiano, Asiago. Enjoy blue cheeses every once in a while as well but it's certainly an acquired taste... 

But anyway; some hard cheese, some blue cheese, some goat cheese, maybe some cold cuts too. When I make a charcuterie board myself, I usually go for 2-3 different sorts of cheese and 2-3 different sorts of meats. Then a lot of olives, preferably green and kalamata. Some bruschetta, some lightly grilled slices of focaccia with a drizzle of olive oil. And a bottle of good single malt. Perfection.

This post made me hungry for cheese

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my biggest vices is fried, melted Cheese.

If I ever go out for a meal and see Mozzarella Dippers or Jalepeno Poppers it's game over, I'm sold. 

And if it's not that, most likely it'll be a hot, gooey Camembert with pickle and something to dip in.

At home, I always have Applewood. Smokey, creamy chedder. My favourite, especially with pate on uncut bread.

Applewood-Cheddar-600x600.jpg.3eb22cea4a1a48717352384cf92e2f17.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 05/05/2019 at 10:34, Smiley Culture said:

Can’t stand the stuff, rancid stuff. 

I can handle it on pizza but that’s about it. 

A few days ago I witnessed someone eating a Pizza without cheese. That shit looked weird. He didn't even do it for vegan purposes... he just doesn't like cheese. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A few days ago I witnessed someone eating a Pizza without cheese. That shit looked weird. He didn't even do it for vegan purposes... he just doesn't like cheese. 

I actually don't mind it. I usually like cheese on a pizza (unless they use cheap cheese which is rubbery and chewy; or if they use too much) but sometimes I enjoy one without it for a lighter snack...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Sign up or subscribe to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...