• Qantas
    • British Airways
    • Etihad
    • ANA
    • Others

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Air Malta was pretty good back in the day when they still offered warm meals. I never had any problems with any airline though. I like Condor/Thomas Cook the most, maybe. 

• Administrator

Gotta say Emirates were superb. For long-haul flights, better than BA. 

Went to SA via Dubai on Emirates - comfort and service I guess are the main things you look for when flying long-haul? Entertainment available is another factor but there's no point having your favourite movie/tv programme available when you're uncomfortable in your seat. Food choices were decent too - I liked that you could pre-order it as had never done that at the time. The free & unlimited alcohol is always a bonus too.

Luckily on our flights to SA the plane wasn't full and we all had sections to ourselves (the 3-4-3 seats). Even if that wasn't the case, the 1 seat we had individually would jhave sufficed.

On the flip side, I'm perfectly happy with flying EasyJet for short-haul flights. Much better than Ryanair when comparing budget airlines.

• The title was changed to Favourite Airlines
  • Subscriber

Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific & Thai Airways. 

Used to love Finnair too but they have really gone down in quality and service while keeping the flight prices at the similar level to that offered by the top airlines.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Best service in the sky is Qatar for me, followed by Etihad, Emirates, Singapore and then Thai Airways.

When it comes to service and comfort, Qatar is hands down the best for me. I particularly loved the old Doha airport; so small and comfy, transiting there was always very convenient. Don't like the new Hamad airport they are using now; oversized and boring and at the same time not enough lounges. 

• Administrator

Never travelled Qatar Airways. 

What do people think of Dubai Airport? I think it's pretty shit considering it's a central hub for transfers between Europe and Asia/Far East. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Never travelled Qatar Airways. 

What do people think of Dubai Airport? I think it's pretty shit considering it's a central hub for transfers between Europe and Asia/Far East. 

Never been to/transited through Dubai but I hate most big airports anyway... The only exceptions so far have been Changi (Singapore) which is absolutely amazing and Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok) which is pretty good (except immigration). Schiphol is pretty decent as well.

Give me a small airport any day. Old Doha. Riga International for arrivals where it takes you 15 minutes from the plane through customs/baggage claim to the taxi outside. Phnom Penh airport is also lovely; everything in one place, there's enough seating, security is easy and beer costs 2.5$. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Never been to/transited through Dubai but I hate most big airports anyway... The only exceptions so far have been Changi (Singapore) which is absolutely amazing and Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok) which is pretty good (except immigration). Schiphol is pretty decent as well.

Give me a small airport any day. Old Doha. Riga International for arrivals where it takes you 15 minutes from the plane through customs/baggage claim to the taxi outside. Phnom Penh airport is also lovely; everything in one place, there's enough seating, security is easy and beer costs 2.5$. 

Schiphol is nice. I'll be there a week on Tuesday!

Smaller airports I can tolerate when I'm going to leave them to start the holiday.  I can't stand them when you're waiting to leave to go home, flight is delayed, you're in a hot country & there's barely any air circulation and not really many places to wonder about. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Schiphol is nice. I'll be there a week on Tuesday!

Smaller airports I can tolerate when I'm going to leave them to start the holiday.  I can't stand them when you're waiting to leave to go home, flight is delayed, you're in a hot country & there's barely any air circulation and not really many places to wonder about. 

I mean I'm a simple person; give me a sandwich and a beer and I'm fine xD Smaller airports with less passengers are much more relaxed and less stressful usually. Way better than arriving to the transfer area of a huge airport and having to find your gate only to realise that it's at the other end of the terminal. Bonus points if they change the gate shortly after you finally found it and then you have to walk the same distance again. Fuck that xD 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Used to love Emirates but one of their baggage handlers in Dubai broke into my bag, stole my gifts for my dying grandfather and left bolt cutters in my luggage. Won’t fly the cunts again.

That's fucked man :( 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

When it comes to service and comfort, Qatar is hands down the best for me. I particularly loved the old Doha airport; so small and comfy, transiting there was always very convenient. Don't like the new Hamad airport they are using now; oversized and boring and at the same time not enough lounges. 

Agreed. I also like the old Abu Dhabi and Bahrain airports. Such a luxury to get done quick and get out just as quick as well. The new Dubai airport is huge but honestly its just a flood of offers and isn't anywhere close to some of the nicer airports you mentioned above.

I’ve had good experiences with Malaysia Airlines, and Singapore. In fact minus that one incident with Emirates I haven’t had any complaints really. Cathay Pacific forgot to pack my bag once but it arrived the next day at my doorstep. 

As someone from Atlanta, home of Delta, I have to say that they are all that I fly, and I've never had any issues with them whatsoever. But I have never flown with any of the middle eastern or asian airlines. 

On 03/08/2019 at 13:01, nudge said:

I was in a cafe in there last time when some little finch randomly landed on the table, then flew off. I then noticed they were everywhere. They must have gotten stuck inside the airport then made it their home, the little bastards xD.

Manchester is a good airport itself to be fair. There is plenty to do to pass the time on atleast.

28 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Emirates and Turkish are good, isn't Virgin suppose to be good?

Virgin Atlantic used to be my favourite airline a while back, but they got bought out by Delta and they're fucking awful now. Source: my last flight back home to England was a Virgin Atlantic flight and it was abysmal.

Now I feel more sane because I don't have a favourite airline, because basically if you fly enough you will soon find that they're all capable of providing a terrible flight experience. I do have least favourites though, and Virgin Atlantic are definitely on my list of least favourites.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Slightly off topic but have you seen China's new airport??? Beijing Daxing International Airport, they officially opened it today. It is now the world’s largest single-terminal airport with plans to handle 100 million passengers in the long term. Looks fantastic; and the most important  thing: the airport is designed like "a starfish" so that the distance between all six far-ends of the terminal to the centre is 600m only, meaning short walks for the passengers.

EFVVIsZXsAAbw5R?format=jpg&name=small 

EFUEmBmXUAYvRNi?format=jpg&name=900x900

EFVXk4wWkAAiKf2?format=jpg&name=small

EFVXll_WkAAE_4U?format=jpg&name=medium

EFVXn21W4AMMd8S?format=jpg&name=medium

EFVXog5WkAALf4H?format=jpg&name=medium

EFU_eP8XYAINjX1?format=jpg&name=medium

EFVQXwqWsAEcPgT?format=jpg&name=900x900

EFVQY6rX4AARWjE?format=jpg&name=900x900

EFVF1nmW4AAXxft?format=jpg&name=large

EFVCh_JXoAEqabu?format=jpg&name=medium

EFU9nk7XsAAPwi6?format=jpg&name=4096x409