Burnley - 33 wins
Draws - 25
Liverpool - 46 wins

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

We should be able to get the win here though they have made a positive start to the year also.

They also have a better than expected head to head record against us.

Barnes seems to be playing very well and is in good form. Reckon he scores but Liverpool win. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

They have 1 point from our last 5 matches which is poor but yeah, overall it's not bad. 

That's the big positive. 

No clean sheets in the last 5 for us though so with the way we've been this season it would be a pretty good bet for us to concede a goal somewhere along the line.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Is anyone else than me getting pained by the fact that Alison being injured is killing our season clean sheets record?

I would normally think its bad for us but as long as we keep the front-three on an active scoring spree I don't care as long as we get the win even when we concede.

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Is anyone else than me getting pained by the fact that Alison being injured is killing our season clean sheets record?

As Mel alluded to, id be more concerned if we were looking like dropping points. Once VVD and Trent sharpen up, along with Allison returning, I think we'll be fine.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

As Mel alluded to, id be more concerned if we were looking like dropping points. Once VVD and Trent sharpen up, along with Allison returning, I think we'll be fine.

Yeah. I just loved that 4 of our back 5 made the team of the season last year... That was built on clean sheets as well as great attack.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah. I just loved that 4 of our back 5 made the team of the season last year... That was built on clean sheets as well as great attack.

It's more annoying than concerning at the moment for me. It will come though.

• Subscriber

Think if we come out with the same formation as last week we'll be just fine. Fabinho quietly went about mopping up any mistakes and basically bossed the zone in front of the defenders allowing the wingers to operate the way they want to. I don't think Burnley will use the Arsenal tactic of low-lying counter football either. We should start with Fab, Gini and Hendo in this one and then bring whoever has to come on later.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The seething hatred of Liverpool from BBC Manchester is hilarious 😂 

Well if they win today utd are already pretty much out of the title race. Chelsea as well. Not that either were expected to really be in it anyway

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It's been given as an own goal on Sky? 

It took a deflection from whoever the closest Burnley player was. The commentators didn’t catch it until a replay about 15 minutes after the goal - so it was initially ruled a goal for him, but yeah that’s an OG. Either way, wouldn’t have happened without Trent’s deadly crosses

Archived