talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Watford 2-2 Arsenal - Sunday 15th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you saw today was a team with no tactics, no game management and such naive play from the back when in the first half they made the exact same mistake but got let off,  other teams wouldn't try the same thing twice.  But not Emery the slippery greasy slick back gelled hair cunt who continues to play the same players who make the same mistakes every game, he also carries on with the same play out of the back which again is riddled by embarrassing mistakes and everyone thought it was down to Mustafi.   Since Luiz has been in the team he has be a calamity along side Sokaritis who has been appalling so far, they clearly are not good enough at this level and also to play together is also clearly not working,  even Chambers would be making far less mistakes then those 2 clowns.  Again it is down to the manager he is not learning and his subsitutes were shocking today, he took off players that were keeping the ball in midfield, as soon as he made a few changes, Watford were just running straight though the midfield and causing all kinds of panic to our shit fragile defence, Watford should of won that as we were holding on at the end after been 2-0 up and coasting in the first half.      

Sokratis, Luiz, Xhaka all need to be dropped they just are full of mistake, their concentration levels are so poor, they are very sloppy in possession as well, If Emery wants to stay in his job, he needs to cut these players out who are making the same mistakes every game otherwise Emery deserves to be gone soon.

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Crazy, especially with Watford players in such close proximity just waiting to pounce... 

Its obviously the coaches fault as its a tactic he wants to use all the time, when clearly Arsenal do not have the players to do this, they are constantly making the same mistakes, its the downfall to Emerys Arsenal Career so far.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Danny said:

Not really the Arsenal "way"...though he'd no doubt improve them

This 'way' isn't exactly paying dividends. Benitez would be a very smart appointment by Arsenal in my eyes. They've become so associated wth inept defending they have got to do something about it.

That Arsenal performance was pathetic. If they'd lost that 3-0 nobody could've claimed they were hard done to.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

If Allegri wants it we should be all over him, no need to sit and wait if he wants it. Pull the trigger and get the man to take us forward

That would be a seriously good appointment if you pulled that off. Get him in before Man Utd do.

I didnt Want to post earlier because it would've been a post full of spite.

But the obvious on the fact that at this level you can't defend like that and more importantly you can't lose your concentration in the manner many of those Arsenal players did today. Almost every cardinal sin in football was committed today from surrendering a two goal lead even all the way to seeming to be playing a game in a manner that resembled the players being scared of their opponent. With all due respects, this was Watford we were playing against and there are no excuses for what we saw today from an Arsenal perspective.

In the end Watford should be the team most disappointed for not taking three points today. They created a momentum after looking down and out and they had the opportunities to win which at this level if you don't take them you can either be punished on the day (lucky they were playing Arsenal for that particular detail) or be punished later on in the season when you rue those lost points for whatever reason regarding their future position in the table.

I think with where Arsenal, Chelsea and United are at the will be days each of them gets thoroughly outplayed by a team away from home. Today was Arsenal's one of those. Hopefully there aren't too many more.

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Benitez 

Good shout. Rafa would do great things at Arsenal.

I turned off after 0-2, and saw on Facebook that Arsenal actually managed to fuck up. Seen the highlights both goals especially the first one was tragic. Sokratis gave Watford a lifeline out of nothing, and Luiz second penalty in five games? Glad "Lampard made a mistake" by selling him. 

Do Arsenal fans feel there has been an improvement under Emery? In the past season and these few games so far? 

7 hours ago, Dan said:

This 'way' isn't exactly paying dividends. Benitez would be a very smart appointment by Arsenal in my eyes. They've become so associated wth inept defending they have got to do something about it.

That Arsenal performance was pathetic. If they'd lost that 3-0 nobody could've claimed they were hard done to.

I mean yeah but they could go out and sign an attacking goal manager of similar quality to Benitez

16 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

If Allegri wants it we should be all over him, no need to sit and wait if he wants it. Pull the trigger and get the man to take us forward

I think Allegri would be a grave mistake mate. I say this due to the simple fact that we are not ready to appoint a coach that is essentially someone that finilises great work already done in terms of confectioning a squad.

This is why the appointment of Unai Emery was thought to be an excellent one due to his career to date by grabbing squads in crisis and getting results. He's worked in systems with technical teams that have provided players in relation to the financial clout of said club and then he's been told to achieve something with what he's been given. He doesn't and has never asked for players because he's never worked in that environment. We have to come to the realisation that our squad is very very unbalanced which is what I've been repeating time and time again mate. It's not easy and he may well lose his job due to this fact but the answer isn't a high profile coach of the likes of Max Allegri.

Some have mentioned Rafa Benítez and on the face of it, it does sound and read with a decent portion of logic surrounding the idea. I can't stand the fellow and think his football is like trying to extract a party atmosphere while being the only living person in a morgue. Benítez' football is soulless but it does have a function which is total respect for everything tactical and discipline on the pitch. There is very little room for improvisation which in my view will cancel out the types of players like Ceballos and Özil (not that I care much about the latter as he's a problem, not a solution of any kind). I have no doubt Benítez will obtain the results but we won't be making headlines in the area of memorable football moments and ask yourself the question of is this a step in the right direction for where you eventually want to be in the future? We call a Benítez a appointment "resultadista" in Spain... A psychosis filled with desperation due to the lack of formulating and implementing an idea.

Thus why Benítez isn't the right answer and is just an answer based on little thought for the now.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think Allegri would be a grave mistake mate. I say this due to the simple fact that we are not ready to appoint a coach that is essentially someone that finilises great work already done in terms of confectioning a squad.

This is why the appointment of Unai Emery was thought to be an excellent one due to his career to date by grabbing squads in crisis and getting results. He's worked in systems with technical teams that have provided players in relation to the financial clout of said club and then he's been told to achieve something with what he's been given. He doesn't and has never asked for players because he's never worked in that environment. We have to come to the realisation that our squad is very very unbalanced which is what I've been repeating time and time again mate. It's not easy and he may well lose his job due to this fact but the answer isn't a high profile coach of the likes of Max Allegri.

Some have mentioned Rafa Benítez and on the face of it, it does sound and read with a decent portion of logic surrounding the idea. I can't stand the fellow and think his football is like trying to extract a party atmosphere while being the only living person in a morgue. Benítez' football is soulless but it does have a function which is total respect for everything tactical and discipline on the pitch. There is very little room for improvisation which in my view will cancel out the types of players like Ceballos and Özil (not that I care much about the latter as he's a problem, not a solution of any kind). I have no doubt Benítez will obtain the results but we won't be making headlines in the area of memorable football moments and ask yourself the question of is this a step in the right direction for where you eventually want to be in the future? We call a Benítez a appointment "resultadista" in Spain... A psychosis filled with desperation due to the lack of formulating and implementing an idea.

Thus why Benítez isn't the right answer and is just an answer based on little thought for the now.

Do you think that perhaps these players that Arsenal have at the moment, can't adapt to Emery and his style of football if you can understand what i am trying to say.

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Do you think that perhaps these players that Arsenal have at the moment, can't adapt to Emery and his style of football if you can understand what i am trying to say.

I understand your question perfectly mate.

The answer to that lies in that Unai Emery doesn't have a "football style" or any belief of any football he tries to implement. He works due to resources and is fundamentally a psychologist... I have followed his career since his time at Almería and have always been fascinated by what he's achieved and how he's gone about it because he is the unlikeliest character you would've ever thought to have managed to capture the jobs he has.

I just feel that when football people look at our squad, they just look at each individual player one by one and from there come to the conclusion that the problem is the coach and not how erratically the assembling of such a squad has been executed. We've got square pegs trying to be forced through round holes all over the place. Nobody has been able to force through an idea and the most incredible part to this is that it started and was forced through with Arsène Wenger... With this I'm not taking a swipe at Wenger because all sorts has been going on at the club for quite a number of years, incomprehensible stuff that's too complexed to just throw blame willy-nilly at singular individuals.

I am not averse to the fact that Unai Emery may not be the answer because to be honest he seems stuck which is almost as interesting from a football analytical point of view were it not for the fact that I'm an Arsenal fan and it's stagnating any progress. I think Emery has encountered an odd issue in his career to date because on the face of it all Arsenal's current situation on appointment was a perfect match but the fact is that this hasn't been the case.

I revert back to what I said months ago... We need a clean-up on all fronts and we MUST get rid of dead wood that to many looks like dcdnt footballers that have been missmanaged.

• Subscriber

Arsenal extremely lucky to get a point there - only silver lining is the fact they got something from a game they had no business getting anything from. 

How much did they pay for that Pepe? Poor mans Gervinho 

59 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Do you think dead wood will go before him? Meaning will he be sacked if he doesn't get top four again, or will he actually be given time?

The dead dead wood won't go in the manner it should do because of the wages it's earning and if I were one of them I'd possibly act in the same manner as this is a ruthless world football has become.

Emery will eventually go unless in the unlikely event of everything clicking into place where we go on a fantastic run of results (which is possible) and he renews. If we swivel and slip off the Champions League qualification trail during the season, he'll be sacked without a doubt because old wounds haven't healed at Arsenal where us fans are concerned and it'll become toxic again (not that Emery is to blame in any of this)... If we stay  as contenders for the Champions League slots until the last quarter of the campaign then he'll remain and won't be renewed.

My issue isn't Unai Emery... What I'm waiting to observe is who will eventually take his place because that will ultimately show everyone the state of the club and its decision making in terms of future planning of which there should be an ample amount.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The dead dead wood won't go in the manner it should do because of the wages it's earning and if I were one of them I'd possibly act in the same manner as this is a ruthless world football has become.

Emery will eventually go unless in the unlikely event of everything clicking into place where we go on a fantastic run of results (which is possible) and he renews. If we swivel and slip off the Champions League qualification trail during the season, he'll be sacked without a doubt because old wounds haven't healed at Arsenal where us fans are concerned and it'll become toxic again (not that Emery is to blame in any of this)... If we stay  as contenders for the Champions League slots until the last quarter of the campaign then he'll remain and won't be renewed.

My issue isn't Unai Emery... What I'm waiting to observe is who will eventually take his place because that will ultimately show everyone the state of the club and its decision making in terms of future planning of which there should be an ample amount.

Well if not through the league then Europa League is a big chance. Arsenal defeated some very good teams to eventually lose he final.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

No memorable football moments under Benitez? Some of Liverpools best ever moments were under him.

Hes far and away the best manager weve had in the last 20 years barring Klopp. 

Rafa has excelled at almost every club hes ever managed. Arsenal would be lucky to have him. 

He would sort out your defensive issues almost instantly, whilst letting your forward players run riot. 

I personally hope that Arsenal dont appoint Rafa because he will improve them ten fold. The man is a legend. 

31 minutes ago, Storts said:

How much did they pay for that Pepe? Poor mans Gervinho 

Disagree. Pepe has looked pretty good so far with a load of shit behind him. With a better finish/final ball he'll be one of their best players. 

Not worth £80m like. 

Playing from the back to keep possession is an overrated tactic. Especially when the opponents aren't already scared of you to sit off. It's not as if we weren't a possession side before. This just adds to our headache. The defenders starting so deep just invites the opposition to have a very offensive stance from the off. You can blame individual errors but the whole system isn't right. It's like we're choosing to hand the initiative to the opponent.

Shots:

Newcastle: 9 - Arsenal: 8

Arsenal: 15 - Burnley: 18

Liverpoil: 25 - Arsenal: 9

Arsenal: 26 - Tottenham: 13

Watford: 31 - Arsenal: 7

Out shot in all the games except against Tottenham (which was a very good performance and we should've won that game easily). The main concern comes against teams that we should be dominating and being out shot by teams like Newcastle, Burnley and Watford. Cowering to those level of teams is insane.

8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Playing from the back to keep possession is an overrated tactic. Especially when the opponents aren't already scared of you to sit off. It's not as if we weren't a possession side before. This just adds to our headache. The defenders starting so deep just invites the opposition to have a very offensive stance from the off. You can blame individual errors but the whole system isn't right. It's like we're choosing to hand the initiative to the opponent.

Shots:

Newcastle: 9 - Arsenal: 8

Arsenal: 15 - Burnley: 18

Liverpoil: 25 - Arsenal: 9

Arsenal: 26 - Tottenham: 13

Watford: 31 - Arsenal: 7

Out shot in all the games except against Tottenham (which was a very good performance and we should've won that game easily). The main concern comes against teams that we should be dominating and being out shot by teams like Newcastle, Burnley and Watford. Cowering to those level of teams is insane.

How many goals from those shots? How high is the scoring percentage rate?

• The title was changed to Watford 2-2 Arsenal - Sunday 15th September, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived