talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things you're "supposed" to like (but you don't)

football forum

Instagram - I've always thought that was simply just a site for birds around the ages of about 19-25 to post half naked pictures, etc. I've never had an account on there, but i'm all for it...

Facebook - It used to be great when it first came about in order to get back in touch with old school mates, etc, and also keep in contact with current mates and buy drugs, etc back in the day(you could always count on facebook for a gram of coke at 5am on a sunday morning :ph34r:). It was even a decent tool for pulling women on, with it just happening, rather than coming across as forced and desperate like dating sites. But these days, it has completely lost its appeal, is full of people who pose as though their life is far better than it actually is and it becomes tedious in fairness.

Twitter - I had an account on there for a short period but it's woeful really. I don't see the point in it at all.

Tinder - I signed up once and deleted it straight away as it seemed ridiculously shit. I've been on POF and Badoo, more out of curiosity and for a laugh than anything and they are better, even though they aren't great themselves.

Netflix - One of the best inventions in years to be honest. Full of great series and original content. Better than the shit coming out on tele these days atleast.

Spotify - I've never used it, but don't see the point when you can use SoulSeek for music. It's free and you can find literally anything on there.

21 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Instagram, Snapchat, Tinder, iPhones, basically anything else that's been popular in the last decade.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'd also say superhero/Marvel movies, selfies and excessive social media use, reality TV, celebrity culture - but then I think that many dislike it anyway; especially on here.

So a few more "controversial" ones instead:

Shawshank Redemption
Sunbathing
Having children

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Isn't this rather painful? I get a weird tan on my legs when I go diving and I despise it as it itches when it peels. 

Yeah if you spend too much time in the sun without sunscreen then the sunburn can certainly can be very painful later. But I meant more the actual process of sunbathing; just lying around in the sun for hours. Boring af and too hot...

Sunbathing is mad. I enjoy a little time in the sun at the beach but mostly I’m incredibly concerned about being burnt as I burn super easy. 

When I went to barcelona many years ago my mate spent the whole day on the beach... I was like no chance mate, so I went to see Picasso’s museum instead. 

40 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Sunbathing is mad. I enjoy a little time in the sun at the beach but mostly I’m incredibly concerned about being burnt as I burn super easy. 

When I went to barcelona many years ago my mate spent the whole day on the beach... I was like no chance mate, so I went to see Picasso’s museum instead. 

You're mate is a fucking moron, why go to Barcelona for the beach when you boys could have driven less than an hour to a nice beach in Australia? That is like going to Belgium on a beer tour and only drinking Fosters.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

You're mate is a fucking moron, why go to Barcelona for the beach when you boys could have driven less than an hour to a nice beach in Australia? That is like going to Belgium on a beer tour and only drinking Fosters.

I lived 500metres away from an exceptional beach with the odd dolphin swimming by. 

I agree with you but he is Italian. 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

I'd also say superhero/Marvel movies, selfies and excessive social media use, reality TV, celebrity culture - but then I think that many dislike it anyway; especially on here.

Shawshank Redemption
Sunbathing
Having children

Ah, it's not made for some people. My older sister has been married for over 15 years, and they decided early on that Children aren't for them. While it devastated my mother, it really wasn't that major of a deal. Of course, I can't imagine how many times she was asked, 'so do you have any kids?', or 'do you want kids?'. I bet that gets old FAST. 

Of course the wife and I have one, a little precious one at that, and there are times when you second guess it because you don't get the same freedom and are carrying around a lighter wallet, but it was definitely the right choice for us. 

7 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I lived 500metres away from an exceptional beach with the odd dolphin swimming by. 

I agree with you but he is Italian. 

Italian-Italian or 'Australian Italian' whose only connection to the culture is nonna's Wednesday night gnocchi and three veg? xD

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

Italian-Italian or 'Australian Italian' whose only connection to the culture is nonna's Wednesday night gnocchi and three veg? xD

Born and bred in Italy. Came to Australia as a teenager. English second language.

• Subscriber
On 24/09/2019 at 02:33, Eco said:

Ah, it's not made for some people. My older sister has been married for over 15 years, and they decided early on that Children aren't for them. While it devastated my mother, it really wasn't that major of a deal. Of course, I can't imagine how many times she was asked, 'so do you have any kids?', or 'do you want kids?'. I bet that gets old FAST. 

Of course the wife and I have one, a little precious one at that, and there are times when you second guess it because you don't get the same freedom and are carrying around a lighter wallet, but it was definitely the right choice for us. 

Yeah, I like kids but have no desire to have my own. 

On 23/09/2019 at 14:57, nudge said:

Shawshank Redemption
Sunbathing
Having children

I agree with almost all of that but how dare you Inga! >:( It's one of my favourite movies. :P

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

What about adoption ? Single woman with a Vietnamese kid how cool is that 

Noooo you got it all wrong, it's the other way around! Single men with kids is what makes every woman swoon :D 

On a serious note, adoption is definitely a good option. But just like with having my own biological children, I would only consider it if I was settled down and in a stable relationship with someone who really wanted kids. 

9 hours ago, Berserker said:

I agree with almost all of that but how dare you Inga! >:( It's one of my favourite movies. :P

Haha I know, everyone seems to love it. I do not hate it really but just think it's a mediocre overrated movie...

4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Mixed with a nice seafood dressing... Yum!! 

Sooo good! Or just simply BBQ-grilled with some veggies and chili dipping sauce... :x

25594382_978291595645419_238863122408795

I could eat seafood every day to be fair xD 

On 24/09/2019 at 23:04, Stick With Azeem said:

What about adoption ? Single woman with a Vietnamese kid how cool is that 

One of my bonehead ideas was to adopt a kid from some obscure country like Tonga or something and put him in a football academy in Peru. Become the first Tongan professional to play in the country and if he's good, then one of the first Tongans in Europe!

I have no plans on getting married, let alone having kids. Society has made me way too negative to even consider it. I'm too much of a defeatist in my social life.

2 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

One of my bonehead ideas was to adopt a kid from some obscure country like Tonga or something and put him in a football academy in Peru. Become the first Tongan professional to play in the country and if he's good, then one of the first Tongans in Europe!

I have no words.

Just now, Toinho said:

I have no words.

I'm joking man. I have no plans on having children, whether it's adopted or with a woman. Was just a bonehead idea I had that I began *laughingly* sharing with friends and family!

4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I'm joking man. I have no plans on having children, whether it's adopted or with a woman. Was just a bonehead idea I had that I began *laughingly* sharing with friends and family!

Got ya. 

I think adopting is a wonderful thing and admire those who do that and those who become foster parents/carers.

4 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Are you sure you have never taken drugs before?

I guess this is more of an 'unpopular' opinion but I digress. I find it odd and kind of patronising when politicians 'play dress up'. I know it could be coming from a good place but I find it absolutely bizarre when PM Jacinda Arden wore a hijab after the Christchurch shootings.  It is one thing to have respect for another person's belief and culture but 'playing dress up' for the sake of empathy would insult me. Especially when it is not a culture or religion that is practised personally. How weird would it be if someone dressed up like Steve Irwin if I were going through a tragedy? Imagine Ronald Reagan wearing a lederhosen during the Berlin Wall's Fall. Imagine if Bernie Sanders showed up to a rally wearing a poncho and sombrero in defiance to 'the wall'.

It's no different to when Trump ate a taco to prove he isn't racist. A bizarre gesture indeed.

Archived