talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forums

18 hours ago, Eco said:

Got the results today, she is negative. 

Could be a host of things including a false negative which so often happens here. 

Was there any recommendation for a follow up test further into the incubation period? 

My sister in law works in childcare and when she was a close contact of a confirmed case she had to isolate, get tested (was negative) then quarantine for a further 7 days and test again. If negative the second time then you're cleared to return to work.

The demonisation of our young people continues apace, told to go back to University for their 'education' when it was clearly just about ensuring the rent was paid to landlords etc. Young people should boycott Universities across the country, refuse to pay rent and tuition fees.

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Expecting students to pay for accommodation in a year where it looks like many universities are going to be forced to move their teaching online is a disgrace. The Scottish government have offered a 4 week rent rebate to some of the students affected in Glasgow but it isn't enough.

I know from my own experience of teaching during lockdown that the technology is there to deliver online teaching. It has its own challenges when you're trying to get 25 teenagers logged into a Zoom call for a lesson at the same time, in houses with shared laptops and general immaturity, but there's no reason you can't do video lectures for university students.

It's bad enough this generation won't have experienced a freshers' week and year like their predecessors. This whole being forced to self-isolate and find out after signing up to paid accommodation that they could have just stayed at home, and talk of them not being able to go home for Christmas is nothing short of scandalous. I know Covid 19 was starting to slow down towards the back end of the summer but did universities and policy-makers really think you could just go back to cramming 300 young adults into lecture theatres again? This was always going to happen. I'm not having this "it's fine for them because it only kills pensioners" shite. Yes, we do need to bear that in mind when we're making sweeping decisions that destroy sectors of the economy, but at the same time, there are people in all age groups with underlying health conditions, and even if it doesn't kill you, there are plenty of stories out there of people still suffering from chronic fatigue, breathing problems and other symptoms months after testing positive for the virus.

This virus is a horrible one but the situation these students have been put into is farcical and having taught some of them last year when they had to go through the exam results scandal and subsequent, uncertainty over university places, proms, last day shenanigans and leaving ceremonies cancelled, now this, it's really pissing me off. This generation have been shafted like no other by circumstances beyond anyone's control. They need an arm putting around them, not being told that they're not allowed to leave their flats even for Christmas.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 23/09/2020 at 16:58, CaaC (John) said:

Got a letter from the DHS about our yearly flu jabs and advise to get the jab because of the Coronavirus and to contact the local surgery to make an appointment that we use then we received this text message this morning 

download.png.965426fb1a0f0e20fcc8453e098aba0a.png

Found out a lot of surgeries are not doing jabs because they are getting inundated with people wanting the jab so a lot of alternative places like Town Halls etc are doing the flu jab and the nearest one for me and the wife is Easter Road Hibernian football stadium, the funny bit is our son was going to get the jab and because he is staying with us he will have to go there and he is a Hearts man and Hibernian are Hearts fiercest rivals, he was not happy about going there for the jab. xD

What a load of shite trying to get an appointment for our flu jab and that above 9_9

Logged onto the NHS website which we received in the post to arrange the nearest location for the jab as our surgery said they can't do them, the website quoted our surgery again for the jab!!!! rung up our surgery and told them and they said "No...Easter Road..." and gave me a number for Easter Road, rang them up and was referred back to our surgery for the jab!! xD

In the end, a Stan in the dark really from me I rang up our local chemist who deliver our prescriptions and they said we can get the jab there and that's only a ten-minute walk for us and right next to a lovely little pub. :P :hh:  

A lot to do with the efficiency of your local man - the missus and I had ours over two weeks ago - a simple phone call from them inviting us in the following day.  Pity that we seem to be blessed with a fine set of people on our side where others are less fortunate.  At least - as opposed to Virus testing - they cannot argue a shortage of jabs available.

I'm not looking forward to this winter as the colds I catch seem to worsen every year and last longer, due to the work I do and it'll be difficult to know whether to stay at home or just carrying on working.

It'd be great to have 2 week off for a cold, if they paid you, but they don't. So it's not an easy decision to make.

Last year I had a shitty cold in October, another in December and then in late Jan/early Feb I had another, which actually had all the symptoms of covid looking back now, but to save arguments, I'll call it a cold. Either way, if I caught 3 colds this season, I couldn't have 6 weeks off unpaid as I've already lost enough this year.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm not looking forward to this winter as the colds I catch seem to worsen every year and last longer, due to the work I do and it'll be difficult to know whether to stay at home or just carrying on working.

It'd be great to have 2 week off for a cold, if they paid you, but they don't. So it's not an easy decision to make.

Last year I had a shitty cold in October, another in December and then in late Jan/early Feb I had another, which actually had all the symptoms of covid looking back now, but to save arguments, I'll call it a cold. Either way, if I caught 3 colds this season, I couldn't have 6 weeks off unpaid as I've already lost enough this year.

You might be ok, some research suggests that if you've been previously badly hit by colds then you might have more immunity to this virus, as structurally they are very similar.

Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham are to go into local lockdown as of 6pm on Thursday, meaning that 2.5m people will be under restrictions in some way or another. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54346608

For anyone interested, our population is between 3.1m - 3.2m, meaning that only 600k - 700k have no lockdown restrictions as of yet. 

Don't worry though, we'll look to decimate our tourism by looking to charge a tax on those visiting Snowdonia. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54328471

No doubt our lot will blame the UK Government when given a chance again. 

Johnson is just like Bungle off of Rainbow... him and his side kick Dominic 'Zippy' Cummings always there behind the scenes... Dropped another bollock today then?? I bet he is cursing this virus as he watches his career get flushed down the toilet... Here we can see Cummings showing Johnson just how badly he is doing in recent polls.... 

See the source image

12 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham are to go into local lockdown as of 6pm on Thursday, meaning that 2.5m people will be under restrictions in some way or another. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54346608

For anyone interested, our population is between 3.1m - 3.2m, meaning that only 600k - 700k have no lockdown restrictions as of yet. 

Don't worry though, we'll look to decimate our tourism by looking to charge a tax on those visiting Snowdonia. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54328471

No doubt our lot will blame the UK Government when given a chance again. 

So for North Wales, neighbouring Wirral and Liverpool are not fully lockedown. So I can go to Snowdonia but they can't.

The government have also banned singing and dancing in pubs. I think people are starting to realise the absurdity of all this now. People are not going to accept being banned from seeing family members anymore and who can blame them.  

Edited by The Artful Dodger

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool now put into a local lockdown, where our arbitrary and reckless government can now fine you for seeing family members. The precarious nature of the economy, which relies so heavily on hospitality, will probably tip over now. I cannot believe what is going on anymore.

A cynic might argue the government thinks having the economy in as bad of a shape before the end of the year might be beneficial to other positions it'll have in a post-covid world and they'll hope it outweighs any flak they might get from their response to the pandemic.

Fuck sake... I see they have just added Poland to the list of unsafe corridors from Saturday... Just as 2 of my team are off there for 2 shifts.. I won't be seeing them for the month of October now with quarantine as well.. That leaves just 2 of us to run the department where we normally have 5.. 

Stanley Johnson will not face a fine for breaking coronavirus laws.

The Mirror revealed today how the PM’s father failed to wear a mask while buying a newspaper in a shop in Maida Vale, west London.

The 80-year-old admitted he was unsure of the rules and apologised for his blooper.

But despite calls for him to be fined £200, the figure set by the government for first-time Covid law-breakers, the Met Police will not be chasing him up as he was not caught in real-time.

A spokesperson said: “As a matter of course the MPS is not investigating COVID related issues retrospectively.

• Wow 1

More than 2 million people in Merseyside, Warrington and Teesside will be banned by law from mixing with other households indoors in the latest extension of lockdown restrictions, as Middlesbrough’s mayor took the extraordinary step of saying he was prepared to defy the government.

The measures were announced as coronavirus cases continued to rise sharply in the north-west and north-east of England.

The new rules mean it will be illegal from Saturday for nearly 5 million people in those regions to meet others they do not live with in all indoor settings, including pubs, bars and restaurants. Similar rules came into force elsewhere in the north-east earlier this week.

The health secretary, Matt Hancock, said: “I understand how much of an imposition this is. I want rules like this to stay in place for as short a time as possible, I’m sure we all do.

There was an immediate backlash from local leaders, who said the £7m financial support for local authorities was “a drop in the ocean”. Middlesbrough’s mayor took the extraordinary step of saying he rejected the new measures and was prepared to defy the government.

Andy Preston, the independent mayor of Middlesbrough council, said his authority and Hartlepool council had asked for a ban on households mixing in their own homes, but that the government’s measures went much further. They were based on “factual inaccuracies and a monstrous and frightening lack of communication, and ignorance”, he said. “As things stand, we defy the government and we do not accept these measures.”

He later said he would not condone anyone disobeying the new law, the BBC reported.

My local MP, ladies and gentlemen. Also known from a previous campaign where she didn't know what "fiscal" meant. 

She's thick as shit in the neck of a bottle. I can say with some pride that I didn't vote for her - even if I was an SNP supporter I think I would struggle to vote for her.

Edited by Inverted

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool now put into a local lockdown, where our arbitrary and reckless government can now fine you for seeing family members. The precarious nature of the economy, which relies so heavily on hospitality, will probably tip over now. I cannot believe what is going on anymore.

Pretty much how I feel with ours really, especially when most of the population in Wales is in some form of local lockdown.

To give an idea, we had six deaths reported today and 398 new cases reported, of which:

74 were in Cardiff

51 in Rhondda-Cynon-Taf

15 in Caerphilly (the first to go into local lockdown)

17 in Newport

Conwy, Flintshire, Wrexham and Denbighshire in North Wales have just gone into local lockdown and the cases reported today are as follows. 

16 in Conwy

15 in Flintshire

25 in Wrexham

7 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in Denbighshire

Yes, cases are increasing, yes, we have had more deaths and yes, I'm aware that local lockdowns are meant to minimise the risk of spreading it, but this is beyond ridiculous. The sad thing is that the Welsh Government (I hate mentioning this but I have to mention that it's run by Labour, hence my comments towards Labour in general) will immediately blame the UK Government if the tourism industry goes tits up and unemployment increases in Wales. The sad thing is that people will lap it up as if Drakeford and Co are 'keeping us safe' by taking a cautious approach, yet this will do the complete opposite when you effectively ace unnecessary restrictions on most of the country. 

• Administrator

Corbyn, Johnson Sr, that MP above. All added to the list of politicians and people who are meant to set the example to the rest of us, unable to follow rules which are meant to simple.

It's just a shit-show from start to whenever the finish may be. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Corbyn, Johnson Sr, that MP above. All added to the list of politicians and people who are meant to set the example to the rest of us, unable to follow rules which are meant to simple.

It's just a shit-show from start to whenever the finish may be. 

Think that COVIDIOTS thread needs an update. 

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What an absolute fucking moron.

This is the same woman when talking about Cummings lockdown breach... 

Ms Ferrier called for Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson senior adviser, to resign after it was revealed he travelled more than 200 miles to County Durham from London at the height of lockdown.

"Dominic Cummings' actions have undermined the sacrifices that we have all been making in lockdown to protect each other from coronavirus. His position is untenable and he must be removed from his post now," she told the Daily Record at the time.

She added: "The public health advice is crystal clear. For the safety of others, anyone with coronavirus symptoms must self-isolate, in line with government guidance. They should not leave the house for any reason."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This is the same woman when talking about Cummings lockdown breach... 

Ms Ferrier called for Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson senior adviser, to resign after it was revealed he travelled more than 200 miles to County Durham from London at the height of lockdown.

"Dominic Cummings' actions have undermined the sacrifices that we have all been making in lockdown to protect each other from coronavirus. His position is untenable and he must be removed from his post now," she told the Daily Record at the time.

She added: "The public health advice is crystal clear. For the safety of others, anyone with coronavirus symptoms must self-isolate, in line with government guidance. They should not leave the house for any reason."

I think both she and Cummings should resign in disgrace tbh