talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

44 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Obviously the cases currently don't represent this, but the complacency of your government is worrying. Letting those Atletico Madrid fans at Anfield, allowing the PL to go ahead, and not banning public gatherings. It's a bit worrying. 

It´s a strategy. As @nudge mentioned, it´s very risky, but there´s method to it. 

I´m not in position to judge what´s the best course of action, I´m not an expert. What I meant is that it´s not a case of simple negligence from the british government, as it was the case from the US until yesterday. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-12/british-government-wants-uk-to-acquire-coronavirus-herd-immunity-writes-robert-peston/

Edited by El Profesor

I understand they have the best epidemiology experts advising the government, and the PL made their decision based on their report, but it's a money grab. Ratings will go through the roof if they’re the only massive sports event happening in the entire world.

The way European leaders have dealt with this entire situation is, nothing short, of appalling.

Meanwhile, this country is full of (with all due respect to mentally challenged people) mongoloids: https://executivedigest.sapo.pt/enquanto-oms-declara-pandemia-centenas-de-jovens-enchem-as-praias-de-carcavelos/.

'While the WHO declared a state of pandemic, hundreds of youths flooded the beach of Carcavelos.'

6 minutes ago, ASF said:

The way European leaders have dealt with this entire situation is, nothing short, of appalling.

And yet the first worlders in third world countries are praising the way they are handling it even though South America has clearly done a much better job.

Some people need to appreciate their own countries even if the standard of living isn't as high.

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Brazil's communications director for president Jair Bolsonaro who met Trump last weekend tests positive @El Profesor

Bolsonaro himself was tested today. Results tomorrow. 

The worst part is that the President earlier this week said the coronavirus crisis was nothing more than a fantasy and was asking his supporters to go to the streets on Sunday for a demonstration in support of the government. 

He´s such an idiot.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

The worst part is that the President earlier this week said the coronavirus crisis was nothing more than a fantasy and was asking his supporters to go to the streets on Sunday for a demonstration in support of the government. 

He´s such an idiot.

and Trump was saying 'it'll go away, it's just a virus' xD fucking pleb.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

He´s such an idiot.

Yeah, Brazil and Chile are the biggest worry in this whole crisis for South America. Brazil for an arrogant and frankly incompetent government, Chile because their country is out of control at the moment.

Otherwise I think the measures taken have been good.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

and Trump was saying 'it'll go away, it's just a virus' xD fucking pleb.

As a brazilian journalist said earlier today, the coronavirus test result might be the first positive thing to happen in more than one year of Bolsonaro administration. xD

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I have to say that I agree with those saying that Europe has generally been slow in response to this virus. Italy have had to step up precautions in the last few days as people were dying from this virus like flies. Italy now have over 1,000 confirmed deaths, that's a huge number of people, relatively speaking. All succumbing to this virus in a very short space of time!

In Ukraine, there are reportedly only 3 cases of coronavirus. But that doesn't necessarily fill me with confidence, as there could be many people still carrying this virus, without realising it. I also do not trust the authorities that much over here, as the government is extremely corrupt. 

I myself had to travel to Kyiv the day before yesterday for business and I spent a night there. My train journey took over 5 hours each way and there were several people coughing on the train. Confined spaces like trains or busses are the places where this virus can spread the quickest. I will personally not be travelling again for a while, at least until this virus officially dies down around the world.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

I have to say that I agree with those saying that Europe has generally been slow in response to this virus. Italy have had to step up precautions in the last few days as people were dying from this virus like flies. Italy now have over 1,000 confirmed deaths, that's a huge number of people, relatively speaking. All succumbing to this virus in a very short space of time!

In Ukraine, there are reportedly only 3 cases of coronavirus. But that doesn't necessarily fill me with confidence, as there could be many people still carrying this virus, without realising it. I also do not trust the authorities that much over here, as the government is extremely corrupt. 

I myself had to travel to Kyiv the day before yesterday for business and I spent a night there. My train journey took over 5 hours each way and there were several people coughing on the train. Confined spaces like trains or busses are the places where this virus can spread the quickest. I will personally not be travelling again for a while, at least until this virus officially dies down around the world.

Is the war still going on? Surely mixing it with that is the biggest worry.

18 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Yeah, Brazil and Chile are the biggest worry in this whole crisis for South America. Brazil for an arrogant and frankly incompetent government, Chile because their country is out of control at the moment.

Otherwise I think the measures taken have been good.

South America, in general, in contrast to Europe, is so far in a better position but it has more to do with trade and airport traffic volume to Asia than to any measure taken by south american governments. The real challenge is about to begin.

3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Is the war still going on? Surely mixing it with that is the biggest worry.

The war is still going on and there are usually several deaths a week because of it, but the war is only confined to a relatively small region(the Donbass region) in the east of the country. The rest of the country is safe, with no conflict. 

Edited by Michael
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

South America, in general, in contrast to Europe, is so far in a better position but it has more to do with trade and airport traffic volume to Asia than to any measure taken by south american governments. The real challenge is about to begin.

Because of winter?

I know Brazil has been a bit of a mess (story of our lives) but the rest of South America has taken action immediately. Peru suspended everything when we hit 5 cases for example, in contrast it took the USA 1000 cases roughly to stop activity. The UK is still going life as normal with about 300-500 cases. It's not all because of low volume to Asia.

Peru and Brazil have lots of links to Asia, and you know that.

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Because of winter?

I know Brazil has been a bit of a mess (story of our lives) but the rest of South America has taken action immediately. Peru suspended everything when we hit 5 cases for example, in contrast it took the USA 1000 cases roughly to stop activity. The UK is still going life as normal with about 300-500 cases. It's not all because of low volume to Asia.

The UK has responded very slowly to this outbreak, considering there are nearly 600 confirmed cases diagnosed and 10 deaths. Many of the people back home, also seem to be quite complacent, with bars and pubs for example, still seeing plenty of customers. I think that some people aren't well informed, while others just seem to have a different attitude towards the virus and it seems like they are not letting it worry them too much. I personally always think that it's better to be safe than sorry, even if that does mean a little temporary change to my lifestyle.

Also, I have to say that many of the masks that you see people wearing are useless. There are special masks that need to be used in order to protect oneself from this virus, but rarely do I see people wearing the required types of masks.

Just now, Inti Brian said:

Because of winter?

Northern Italy has a large chinese community working in the textile industry. Also, Italy is one of the top destination for chinese tourists outisde Asia. Traffic between China and Italy exceeds by a good margin the traffic between China and South America.

Just now, El Profesor said:

Northern Italy has a large chinese community working in the textile industry. Also, Italy is one of the top destination for chinese tourists outisde Asia. Traffic between China and Italy exceeds by a good margin the traffic between China and South America.

Absolutely.

What I was trying to say though is that action is being taken quicker here than in Europe. Probably thanks to the Swine Flu and Zika outbreaks still being in fresh memory.

5 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Absolutely.

What I was trying to say though is that action is being taken quicker here than in Europe. Probably thanks to the Swine Flu and Zika outbreaks still being in fresh memory.

At this exact moment, Grêmio and Internacional are playing their Copa Libertadores match and there are 50.000 fans at Arena Grêmio. :52_fearful:

Edited by El Profesor
  • Sad 1