talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

It seems pretty reckless to me given that Madrid is a massive problem area in Spain. Other countries would be quarantining a family of four landing off a flight from Madrid and we've got 3000 of them presumably unchecked into an enclosed area near thousands of English people? Hopefully they know better than we do.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's ridiculous that they've let 3000 people from a city that's on part lockdown over though isn't it? How many people is this going to affect in the UK now? You'll have loads travelling back to different parts of the UK tonight

Ah right, wasn't aware Madrid was on part-lockdown! 

I knew there were a lot of cases in Spain but didn't know they'd taken those measures. I reckon if it was Italian opposition it'd definitely be played behind closed doors.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

But the outbreak isn't as bad here in the UK as it is in the rest of Europe? So it's not that stupid?

People are dying as we type and hundreds more will in Italy, because they thought it wasn't "that bad". 

• Administrator
Just now, Machado said:

People are dying as we type and hundreds more will in Italy, because they thought it wasn't "that bad". 

I think that's taking my comment a bit too far.

It's 'only' 6 people in the UK (that's not meant to be crass or cold, it's 6 too many at the end of the day), but Italy were late to react and they have had hundreds and hundreds of deaths. The situation in Italy now to the one in the UK are not comparable just yet. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

It's 'only' 6 people in the UK (that's not meant to be crass or cold, it's 6 too many at the end of the day), but Italy were late to react and they have had hundreds and hundreds of deaths. The situation in Italy now to the one in the UK are not comparable just yet. 

So the plan is to wait until it is as bad to take more extreme measures? It's what Italy have done and a mistake the rest of Europe should learn from.

• Administrator
Just now, Machado said:

So the plan is to wait until it is as bad to take more extreme measures? It's what Italy have done and a mistake the rest of Europe should learn from.

what? no xD

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ah right, wasn't aware Madrid was on part-lockdown! 

I knew there were a lot of cases in Spain but didn't know they'd taken those measures. I reckon if it was Italian opposition it'd definitely be played behind closed doors.

Spain now have 2,200 cases and literally half of them are in Madrid. It looks to be getting out of hand.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Spain now have 2,200 cases and literally half of them are in Madrid. It looks to be getting out of hand.

Yeah didn't realise cases had escalated so badly there, primarily in Madrid as well.

• Subscriber

Screenshot_20200311-224853_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bf20822d0060bc0ba6f4192f65687e4e.jpg

Oh dear, this must be a big one if the name is being kept under wraps. Someone noted that Raab was coughing a lot at PMQs today but theres no benefit in speculating. 

Apparently the UK will enter the Delay phase tomorrow. Cobra meeting around lunchtime.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

So maybe we should make sure we're not?

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

So maybe we should make sure we're not?

I mean like, very late.

Also my post earlier was before I knew how bad it was in Madrid and the state they're in at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

I mean like, very late.

Also my post earlier was before I knew how bad it was in Madrid and the state they're in at the moment.

Yeah, I get it mate, I'm just sick of this complacency that it's not as bad here as it is in Italy. As far as I can tell, it's pure chance that they got hit by it first and we're on exactly the same path they are. I'm not attacking you, that seems to be the prevailing attitude. I think we're in a really bad position as a country when Piers Morgan is one of the ones talking the most sense the loudest.

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Ya, hosting a football match tonight with 50k+ visitors wasn't very helpful. 

Honestly I'm fucking livid about it. And of all of the coverage I've seen just treated it as if it was any other big game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Surely the entire Or majority of Juve players will have it now?

Bonucci posted this on his Instagram on Sunday after the win versus Inter: 

ES3kPXCXYAAqDvg?format=jpg&name=medium

Also, Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson were tested positive for coronavirus.

Edited by El Profesor

USA really needs to follow in Canada's footsteps. Obviously there is less people up north, but apparently Canada followed medical advice and not political. 

Canada has been ahead of the USA in decision making for far too long now.

Peru has 13 cases so far and we've just banned large gatherings and closed schools (well a few). Incredible how a third world country is taking action faster than the likes of the UK, USA and Australia. I guess we saw what's happened to Italy and we were also badly hit by the Swine Flu, so that's in fresh memory.