talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

The way some people are refusing to even eat noodles and their attitude towards Chinese people I'm afraid this might also leave an effect.

I noticed people being racist to Chinese people here the moment the news about it spreading in China came out, I’m sure it will leave an effect

At the same time maybe not. I’m pretty sure the Chinese government is paying for media pieces for the virus not to commonly be called the Wuhan Virus & urging people to avoid this term as its racist. But where the fuck did the Ebola virus come from? A place called Ebola, right?

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it’ll be similar to the Spanish Flu. Which I think means that we’ll see the disease start to fade for a few months before we see it come back with an extra deadly wave.

We’re already seeing how fragile the global economy is with the virus’s spread.

I've seen a few people saying this. Is it based on anything besides "this is what happened with the Spanish flu"?

I also saw on Reddit that a scientific model predicted that the peak of the disease will come next winter. Surely not? Surely we would go down the very extreme but successful Chinese route of doing a proper "you're allowed to leave your house for supplies once a week" lockdown instead of letting it rumble on for the best part of a year.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've seen a few people saying this. Is it based on anything besides "this is what happened with the Spanish flu"?

I also saw on Reddit that a scientific model predicted that the peak of the disease will come next winter. Surely not? Surely we would go down the very extreme but successful Chinese route of doing a proper "you're allowed to leave your house for supplies once a week" lockdown instead of letting it rumble on for the best part of a year.

I think it’s because heat is supposed to “kill” this virus. So I think that’s why a lot of people are expecting it to die down late Spring and in the Summer.

I think people are expecting it to strike back though because it’s still a new virus & it’s still got no vaccine. So if it does make a return with some mutations in the winter, I think that’s got people fearing the worst.

I think it’s good to plan for awful situations because even if they don’t come up, you’re probably ready for the next awful situation that comes up.

So even if this does die down as we reach hotter months, I think it’s still a good idea to expect it to come back.

https://www.wlrn.org/post/coronavirus-storm-latin-america-caribbean-sea-relative-calm-will-it-last#stream/0

Hoping things don't get worse here. Kinda goes right into @Azeem's point that it will change things in the future as the article states "the Zika outbreak is in recent memory"..

Winter is coming up so that will be the test of fire I reckon. My two worries are the Chilean protests and the Venezuelan exodus.

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Qatar has jumped from 24 to 262

Well they are all going to be pretty much all fucked, unless they quarantine everyone in the country soon. Being such a tiny nation, they have little choice but to do so. Because if they don't take drastic measures soon, the virus will spread like the plague there!

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

What is it you do mate, if you don't mind me asking?

Most experts seem to think we'll be following Italy's example in a couple of weeks. If there's a mass closure of schools for long enough in the UK then exams will start being affected from my point of view at work.

Work in a law firm

6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Our company has today started taking steps in case everyone has to work from home

Where I am they've split the company in half and made one half work from home Tuesday and one Wednesday. A lot of people are suggesting this might make more companies embrace working from home in the long term

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The general idea is that people become complacent when it starts to slow down, stop taking precautions (or return to normality, whichever way you want to look at it), and make it rise again.

Edited by Burning Gold

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’ve had a business trip to Düsseldorf cancelled today as all international travel our company have stopped. 

I think we’re a week away from working at home and school closures 

Yeah, I've been making sure that what I can access in work is available at home in case it comes to that. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And then you see Liverpool playing in a full stadium. So stupid. 

But the outbreak isn't as bad here in the UK as it is in the rest of Europe? So it's not that stupid?

Just now, Stan said:

But the outbreak isn't as bad here in the UK as it is in the rest of Europe? So it's not that stupid?

6 deaths? Twice as many as Germany? And surely 54k people gathering, with plenty of Spanish people as well is just stupid, IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's ridiculous that they've let 3000 people from a city that's on part lockdown over though isn't it? How many people is this going to affect in the UK now? You'll have loads travelling back to different parts of the UK tonight

• Upvote 1