talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

First British MP diagnosed with Coronavirus.

In the nicest way possible, hopefully this hurries the government into action a bit sooner.

Interesting how places where I think the competence of the government is questionable at best seems to have coronavirus spreading amongst the people in that government. We've got 4 Congressmen (and the President lol) reportedly exposed to the virus. We've got BoJo's government and this health minister getting infected... and we've got Iran (a government I never expected to really see compared with the US and UK in terms of competence, because Iran's government has always been incompetent since the Shah was put in power by the West) having 8% of MPs infected. Wonder if there's a correlation between incompetent governments and seeing people elected to lead people through health crises like this getting infected and being a part of the crisis.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Washing your hands constantly is the easy part.

You know what I've learned pretty recently after trying to make sure I don't get the virus or spread the virus... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TOUCHING MY FACE, I TOUCH MY FACE ALL THE TIME WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT AND THEN CATCH MY HAND ON MY FACE AND THINK 'AW FUCK I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT.'

It's ridiculous, I never knew how much I put my hands on my face.

I think you'd also find there's a psychological aspect to it... Knowing you shouldn't partially creates a need to touch, a subconscious itch, etc.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Lockdown in Italy seems to be working. No new cases today nor new deaths. Let's hope that's the beginning of the end for the virus there.

Italy officially reports its numbers at around 17:00 CET every day... 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Don't understand the need for toilet paper? Am i missing something?

People are worried because if they have to isolate themselves they have enough toilet paper for shitting, but i don't think shitting is a symptom or effect of corona

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Italy officially reports its numbers at around 17:00 CET every day... 

Damn, I was getting optimistic :( 

One thing I can say though is that of the 120K infected, around 66K have recovered. At least thus far. I can only see that with optimism. 

7:54 a.m. Over 1,000 U.S. schools closed due to outbreak

As of Tuesday, 1,073 schools have been closed or are scheduled to close in the United States, affecting 776,200 students across the country, according to the news journal Education Week, which published an online interactive map.

There are 132,853 public and private schools in the country and nearly 50.8 million students, according to the National Center for Education Statistics.

So my state is home to the famous CDC and Walking Dead series...I guess our state government decided to set up a base in the woods to quarantine people. 

5:44 a.m. Georgia state park receives 1st patient

A patient who tested positive for the novel coronavirus has been isolated on state park grounds in Georgia, authorities said.

It's the first COVID-19 patient to be transferred to Hard Labor Creek State Park in Morgan County since state authorities prepared the site as a location for isolating and monitoring people who may have been exposed to the deadly virus. Earlier this week, officials installed seven emergency mobile units and delivered supplies in an isolated section of the park that will remain separated from the rest of the property.

MORE: American living in northern Italy describes life under quarantine

The first patient, who is from Georgia's Cherokee County, was brought to one of the mobile units in the state park for treatment on Monday night because the individual "was not able to isolate at their primary residence and was not in critical condition requiring any hospital admittance," according to a press release from Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp's office.

"This site was specifically chosen for its isolation from the general public and ability to house mobile units in the short term," Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Director Homer Bryson said in a statement Monday night. "State public health staff will monitor the individual's progress and work together with state law enforcement to ensure the safety of the community and the patient."

Georgia has 23 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus so far, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University's Center for Systems Science and Engineering.

The isolated site at Hard Labor Creek State Park is closed to public access and closely monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week by state law enforcement.

37 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

This is scary if true.

@Tommy how are things there? Serious question.

Well, all events with more than 1000 attendants are being cancelled. But generally it's pretty calm except some supermarkets not having toilet paper or pasta anymore.