talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's not much of a hot take though is it? I'm sure the academic study is fascinating but I don't need to read it to tell you that Germany aren't going to reference a war that they lost as inspiration for overcoming adversity.

Maybe we should club together and write an academic paper studying how much AC Milan fans, coaches and players talk about channelling the spirit of that night in Istanbul as a source of inspiration compared to their Liverpool counterparts. I have an idea of what the results might look like but no spoilers! :ph34r:

You can trust the Mail to pervert almost anything to make themselves look stupid though. Last night they tried the first hatchet job that I've seen against Keir Starmer when a cameraman was sent to film him and his wife clapping for the NHS. As the bloke doesn't want his kids to be exposed to the media limelight in any way because of his prominence as a public figure, he sent his daughter across the road to clap out of shot. When it was done, he asked the cameraman "do you have everything you need" so that he could go and get his daughter from across the road. You won't believe what happened next! (Is that a good click bait?)

Why am I bothering with this in addition to the article above? Well we have many members from outside the UK who look at us and question the madness of the last five years, up to and including our response to this pandemic, and the stupidity of so many of our public. Well the fact that the Daily Mail and its sister paper the Mail on Sunday are both among the top 5 circulating papers over here might go some way to explaining it.

Online news businesses make money via people clicking, sharing and promoting. The Daily Mail uses opposition to its advantage. They use the sharers and argubly the sharers use them for their own online end goal themselves. The Daily Mail makes a financial killing off a mass of people who think they're doing a good thing by "exposing" some bullshit to the world whilst not realising they actually enable it to exist. No longer do you need someone loyal popping to the newsagent every morning to buy a copy in order to have a business. The retweeters are the newsagent and clickers the readership. 

Removing the need to part with a 20 pence piece in exchange for the words, the Daily Mail, through its online iteration, has found a way to make money out of people who rant and rave against them. 

You can write absolute shite and make thousands of pounds off the actions of people who oppose what you wrote and they're all non the wiser.

The Daily Mail must laugh behind closed doors at the online "bothered".

Starmer is off to a strong start. Looks promising. In a funny way fortunate that he starts during COVID. His style and approach so far has been good. Intelligent. Methodical. Professional. Key to that good start is that the crisis has meant not needing to talk about anything else. Topics where Labour are divided gone. Where Labour are beaten gone. Only a few here and there are left still managing to slip the word Brexit into a COVID-19 opinion. These people are self destructive to the Labour and left wing cause. The stronger Starmer can get before politics goes back to topics the better Labour will be for it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Starmer is off to a strong start. Looks promising. In a funny way fortunate that he starts during COVID. His style and approach so far has been good. Intelligent. Methodical. Professional. Key to that good start is that the crisis has meant not needing to talk about anything else. Topics where Labour are divided gone. Where Labour are beaten gone.

Funny you say that, I actually like his non over emotional style, looks like he has the potential to be a good leader... He at least seems sincere.. Didn't see anything wrong with what he did in the video either, just asked if they had all the footage they wanted of him before going and getting his daughter, can't blame him for wanting to keep his kids away from all that publicity.. Some people need to get a grip

20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Funny you say that, I actually like his non over emotional style, looks like he has the potential to be a good leader... He at least seems sincere.. Didn't see anything wrong with what he did in the video either, just asked if they had all the footage they wanted of him before going and getting his daughter, can't blame him for wanting to keep his kids away from all that publicity.. Some people need to get a grip

This period is key. Over half those sampled didn't have an opinion of him 3 weeks ago. It will be interesting to see the shift in the polling in two weeks. His early favourability and trust ratings will be decided by his COVID response. An absolute political gift right now.

39 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The only thing I’m wondering is why is his kid randomly across the street at 8pm? I agree with everything else, that’s just the parent in me. If you don’t want your kid in the limelight, maybe keep them indoors at that point?

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

The only thing I’m wondering is why is his kid randomly across the street at 8pm? I agree with everything else, that’s just the parent in me. If you don’t want your kid in the limelight, maybe keep them indoors at that point?

When they came out to clap and saw the cameras out there he didn't want his daughter exposed to all that so sent her across the other side of the street so she could still partake, then once they had all the footage they needed he went over and brought her back in... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Another 600+ dead in the UK today including a six week old baby and more reports of people flooding to parks across the country. I've spent a lot of the last few days pointing fault with the government and SAGE but the lack of responsibility taken by so many (by no means am I saying all or most) of the public has also been really poor.

58 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Online news businesses make money via people clicking, sharing and promoting. The Daily Mail uses opposition to its advantage. They use the sharers and argubly the sharers use them for their own online end goal themselves. The Daily Mail makes a financial killing off a mass of people who think they're doing a good thing by "exposing" some bullshit to the world whilst not realising they actually enable it to exist. No longer do you need someone loyal popping to the newsagent every morning to buy a copy in order to have a business. The retweeters are the newsagent and clickers the readership. 

Removing the need to part with a 20 pence piece in exchange for the words, the Daily Mail, through its online iteration, has found a way to make money out of people who rant and rave against them. 

You can write absolute shite and make thousands of pounds off the actions of people who oppose what you wrote and they're all non the wiser.

The Daily Mail must laugh behind closed doors at the online "bothered".

Starmer is off to a strong start. Looks promising. In a funny way fortunate that he starts during COVID. His style and approach so far has been good. Intelligent. Methodical. Professional. Key to that good start is that the crisis has meant not needing to talk about anything else. Topics where Labour are divided gone. Where Labour are beaten gone. Only a few here and there are left still managing to slip the word Brexit into a COVID-19 opinion. These people are self destructive to the Labour and left wing cause. The stronger Starmer can get before politics goes back to topics the better Labour will be for it.

Yeah I totally agree with all that about the DM and getting the clicks and hits and retweets with clickbait headlines that wind people up. I was more trying to add context for our overseas friends that it was pretty standard fare for that particular publication.

I agree Starmer has made a positive start. After Johnson vs Corbyn and the cultism that surrounded both during the last election, there's a real gap in the market for an adult in the room and this crisis really brings that to the forefront.

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

When they came out to clap and saw the cameras out there he didn't want his daughter exposed to all that so sent her across the other side of the street so she could still partake, then once they had all the footage they needed he went over and brought her back in... 

Good stuff. I was just a bit like “what the fuck O.o

26 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

This period is key. Over half those sampled didn't have an opinion of him 3 weeks ago. It will be interesting to see the shift in the polling in two weeks. His early favourability and trust ratings will be decided by his COVID response. An absolute political gift right now.

I thought he handled himself quite well during the PMQs on Wednesday... I don't do politicians as a rule but interested to see how this all goes 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Sad bastards. These are the worst people through all this and they are embarrassing.

Busybodies.

Sorry but how are they the 'worst people through all this' xDxDxD 

There is a bit in the article which says it should only be reported for 'extreme circumstances' and I agree with that.

But calling people out for breaking the rules really aren't 'the worst people'. 

19 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Going to have to decide what to call @DeadLinesman now out of Mouchards, Chivatos, or Spitzel??? 

I haven’t dobbed anyone in though :coffee:

Think if a mob of 10/15 walked past your house, you’d be a bit cheesed. Especially when you’ve got a pregnant wife and a father in law both in the shielded category. There’s one pathway, why should anyone have to walk in the road for these cunts?

13 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I haven’t dobbed anyone in though :coffee:

Think if a mob of 10/15 walked past your house, you’d be a bit cheesed. Especially when you’ve got a pregnant wife and a father in law both in the shielded category. There’s one pathway, why should anyone have to walk in the road for these cunts?

Keep calm, I am only having a laugh... xD

They deserve it... :ph34r:

Not sure why you would take photos of people though if you don't intend to see them hung drawn and quartered??? This is a rare opportunity for me to see what goes on behind the curtain so to speak.. Do you have all the modern camera equipment like @nudge uses, zoom lens and all that sort of stuff or do you wing it?? If you get the real good stuff off the dark web you can get facial recognition so you can identify who they are and where they live... maybe you can kick all their garden gnomes over in the middle of the night or lean on their hedges pushing them out of shape or something on the way back from the pub?? 

Don't see why they should be getting away with it mate... 

• Haha 1

Got to have been the worst day for any observing of social distancing rules, today. Don’t know about the rest of the country but here the streets were filled with everyone having a street party and all rules went to shit, almost immediately, even to the point where people who don’t live here were turning up and visiting family. Seen plenty of it on social media, too. 

Big day today, I get that, but it seems this generation are willing to give up their lives to have a couple of Stella’s and an overcooked burger to celebrate the heroes that gave their lives so we could have a today. 

Good to see the Government being pro-active in putting people that come in to the country in isolation for 14 days or face fines and possible deportation.... The new measures are going to be in force sometime in June a little over 5 months after the outbreak first started.. and 3 months after everyone else had implemented it..

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/all-arrivals-to-britain-will-be-quarantined-for-two-weeks-and-face-£1000-fines-or-deportation-if-they-break-rules-which-will-be-enforced-by-spot-checks/ar-BB13Opcj?ocid=spartanntp

I am going to start a twitter page where I want everyone in the country to come out on a Saturday night and slow hand clap the Government for it's appalling handling of the whole thing...  "Exemplar of preparedness" my fucking arse.. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Got to have been the worst day for any observing of social distancing rules, today. Don’t know about the rest of the country but here the streets were filled with everyone having a street party and all rules went to shit, almost immediately, even to the point where people who don’t live here were turning up and visiting family. Seen plenty of it on social media, too. 

Big day today, I get that, but it seems this generation are willing to give up their lives to have a couple of Stella’s and an overcooked burger to celebrate the heroes that gave their lives so we could have a today. 

Yep sadly heard a lot of stories about it. BBC even did a broadcast from a 'social distancing VE Day party' ffs. Utter idiots. I mean, what the actual fuck are they playing at?! 

And for the BBC to even condone it?! 

Meanwhile in South Korea they eased some restrictions, allowed bars and night clubs to open. Someone with COVID who was asymptomatic at the time and didn't know went into 5 night clubs. 3 days later the symptoms showed up. Through track and trace they have now found 40 COVID cases spread in these night clubs and the number is rising. All bars and night clubs have been ordered to shut again for 30 days.

If your goal is 0 cases then constant lockdowns until a vaccine is inevitable.

16 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Peru is about to surpass Canada in cases. Looks like I was lucky to get out in the end.

I hope my family and friends are OK :( 

It's still too early to call anything like that mate. Although I'd agree is a safer bet than Peru.

Every society is doing it's best to minimise case and body count until a vaccine but that will be going on a while. Some countries may come up against the obstacle of being unable to afford to sustain lockdown measures for the period of time required, which would have significant impacts on the trajectories of cases and deaths.

On 09/05/2020 at 17:41, Harvsky said:

Meanwhile in South Korea they eased some restrictions, allowed bars and night clubs to open. Someone with COVID who was asymptomatic at the time and didn't know went into 5 night clubs. 3 days later the symptoms showed up. Through track and trace they have now found 40 COVID cases spread in these night clubs and the number is rising. All bars and night clubs have been ordered to shut again for 30 days.

If your goal is 0 cases then constant lockdowns until a vaccine is inevitable.

Agreed. Out government announced a way out of lockdown on Friday with an aim to get back to something more normal by July. This thing spreads so quickly though I can't see it happening. I suspect I'll be working from home most of the time until a vaccine or until herd immunity is reached

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agreed. Out government announced a way out of lockdown on Friday with an aim to get back to something more normal by July. This thing spreads so quickly though I can't see it happening. I suspect I'll be working from home most of the time until a vaccine or until herd immunity is reached

I can't say I'm going by the rules for much longer then as a vaccine could take years, or there may never even be one. Life's too short to wait for a bunch of muppets to find a cure for a virus that shouldn't be anywhere near Europe and there are no guarantees they will even find a vaccine. This is not my problem, I've done my bit and I get nothing for it so they can fuck off.

As soon as old man has to travel 200+ miles tomorrow to work away in a NON ESSENTIAL job, the lockdown is officially over for me.

I don't get paid for this. 9 weeks without a wage and then you find out you aren't eligible for this 80% that everyone else around the country are receiving. Sacrificing everything from mental and physical health to financial well being simply to save a bunch of toff boys arses(as let a be fair, this is their business) while I get fucked as always. 

This country can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Administrator

'a bunch of muppets to find a cure for a virus' yeah you make it sound so easy xD

Don't you realise that as soon as you start to do what you want you become one of those that we see on TV, flagrantly breaking the lockdown and putting others at risk? 

'to save a bunch of toff boys arses'. I don't even know what you even mean by this. As if it's only those kind that could get struck down by the virus and as if the poorer people haven't been hit hard anyway :what:

Even saying that I get your frustrations. It's a totally shit situation having pretty much your work and life routine stopped in its tracks and for so long. But what else can you do? You can't go back to normal how it used to be. There's gonna have to be some adjustments made. 

How come you're not eligible for the 80%? Are you self employed? If so, are you not able to get the grant or apply from it on 13th May? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

'a bunch of muppets to find a cure for a virus' yeah you make it sound so easy xD

Don't you realise that as soon as you start to do what you want you become one of those that we see on TV, flagrantly breaking the lockdown and putting others at risk? 

'to save a bunch of toff boys arses'. I don't even know what you even mean by this. As if it's only those kind that could get struck down by the virus and as if the poorer people haven't been hit hard anyway :what:

Even saying that I get your frustrations. It's a totally shit situation having pretty much your work and life routine stopped in its tracks and for so long. But what else can you do? You can't go back to normal how it used to be. There's gonna have to be some adjustments made. 

How come you're not eligible for the 80%? Are you self employed? If so, are you not able to get the grant or apply from it on 13th May? 

It's not easy, in fact there may never be a vaccine ever. So as if I'm sat in waiting for one. I'd rather catch the virus, as it's nowhere near as bad as deteriorating mentally.

Course we are saving their arses. This is their problem and the rest of the governments around Europe for allowing people from a virus ridden country to freely travel around the world until the damage was done and it was too late. Any death is on their hands.

It's illegal to release invasive animals into the wild as they cause disease and kill native animals, but it's ok when it's humans? What the fuck is up with this world? Fucking idiots. Nevermind lockdowns, the damage was already well and truly done way before that.

Already been through it, not eligible like many aren't.

• Administrator

I just don't get how you can call them a bunch of muppets when they're probably working their arses off to find a cure as quickly as possible. 

Of course culpability and blame will be dished out but that doesn't mean we get to ignore the virus as it is with us now. It's not like you can go back in time and stop it, is it? There'll be the inquiry and investigations, definitely in the UK as well because it's quite clear there's so much done wrong. But to say it's 'their problem' is not the case - they may be implicated for how it spread but now it's up to the public for trying to stop the spread. 

'I'd rather catch the virus'. So then what about your family and friends you might want to see? What if you carelessly gave them the virus and they died? Is their death on your hands too because you decided to not give a fuck any more?