talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

I'm expecting Peru to surpass Canada today in cases.

Watching the Peruvian news, it's actually depressing the situation that's going on over there. The difference between us and Argentina is that despite all their issues in the last 20 years, their people are still disciplined. Hence their low cases. Peruvians just do whatever they want. It's out of control.

Hell, I can even credit Chile for being disciplined. Less so than Argentina but that's because of the ongoing protests.

I went to a hostel last time I was in Peru and a Chilean told me things would kick off again in March. They did for a bit before Covid19 exploded there. Now cases have slowed tremendously. Not only that but the death rate is comparable to Germany.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Save it for that time, then.

At the moment, and it's not been confirmed, but the rumours are that the only things that can open are garden centres, waste recycling centres and libraries.

However, the same kinds of thing applies if you were going out to do your shopping - only travel if essential, and once you've got to where you need to be (i.e. supermarkets, GPs, hospitals etc) maintain the social distancing, be safe, wash your hands etc etc.

Nothing has fundamentally changed. The 'stay alert' just screams of attention-seeking from the government 'look at us, we're doing something'. 

So pretty much like everyone else then? 

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland won't be following the new 'Stay Alert' policy apparently... 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/10/uk-lockdown-rift-scotland-wales-northern-ireland-reject-new-stay-alert-slogan-12681561/

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she will continue to use the ‘stay at home’ message to tackle the coronavirus outbreak in Scotland as a rift in the UK-wide response opened ahead of the Prime Minister’s address to the nation tonight. The Prime Minister is set to tell the country to ‘stay alert, control the virus and save lives’ when he outlines his ‘road map’ to a new normality in an address to the nation at 7pm. But Ms Sturgeon said the first she had heard of the ‘the PM’s new slogan’ was in newspaper reports and that she would not be switching her messaging ‘given the critical point we are at’. Vaughan Gething, health minister for Wales, also said there had not been any agreement or discussion of the new ‘stay alert’ slogan with the other nations.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

They more than likely borrowed or used it for the show?

Most likely. Those dogs are normally developed by Boston Dynamics, so the show creators either got the actual robot from them or  just used their concept to create the dog model for the show. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So the new policy works then?? Should have just gone with that at the beginning... 

Take heed and remember to dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge the fuck out of this virus!

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

Which bit xD 

All of it. xD

Welsh Government announced on Friday that we can now exercise more than once a day (as that was clearly enforceable before) while garden centres, recycling centres and libraries can apply to reopen. 

From what I read, Scotland and Northern Ireland were the same. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

All of it. xD

Welsh Government announced on Friday that we can now exercise more than once a day (as that was clearly enforceable before) while garden centres, recycling centres and libraries can apply to reopen. 

From what I read, Scotland and Northern Ireland were the same. 

Apparently Scotland & Wales have chosen not to take on the 'Stay Alert' thing though and have stuck with the 'Stay at Home' slogan.

• Administrator

From BBC about Belgium, but also hints UK may follow suit?

Belgium is allowing every household to invite up to four guests to their home from Sunday, as part of the country’s strategy to ease coronavirus restrictions.

Prime Minister Sophie Wilmès announced the plan to allow “social bubbles” last week, noting that separation from friends and family had become “unbearable” for some.

But Belgian police have said plan will be impossible to enforce.

On Friday, government’s Covid-19 spokesman Steven Van Gucht urged people to “think very carefully about which household you want to meet”.

“Preferably, choose one family or one household you meet, and stay within that fixed bubble,” Van Gucht said.

Other countries, including the UK, are reportedly considering similar moves to allow people to expand their social groups.

42 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apparently Scotland & Wales have chosen not to take on the 'Stay Alert' thing though and have stuck with the 'Stay at Home' slogan.

That's pretty much the only thing, but in all honesty, there's more important things to worry about than a slogan, even if it is odd. 

However, if that Belgium part you posted up happens later, that will put some pressure on Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland to do likewise. Personally, I think the famiy thing could work (so long as it's in close proximity) but not so much the friends part. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That's pretty much the only thing, but in all honesty, there's more important things to worry about than a slogan, even if it is odd. 

However, if that Belgium part you posted up happens later, that will put some pressure on Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland to do likewise. Personally, I think the famiy thing could work (so long as it's in close proximity) but not so much the friends part. 

Mate the moment they say partners from different households can visit each other, and if they don't state distance limits, I'm off to see my missus! Not seen in her nearly 2 months and it's very difficult for us, no matter how much we've got used to it.

Half-expecting @Bluewolf to say cherish the time without each other as the other alternative it to spend all day and every day with them xD  

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Mate the moment they say partners from different households can visit each other, and if they don't state distance limits, I'm off to see my missus! Not seen in her nearly 2 months and it's very difficult for us, no matter how much we've got used to it.

Half-expecting @Bluewolf to say cherish the time without each other as the other alternative it to spend all day and every day with them xD  

My sister lives about two minutes drive from me but I've seen her once in the past two months. 

That sort of thing could be fine. However, as you mentioned about distance limits and in the article, that could be an issue. 

Using the above example, my sister lives two minutes drive from me, while my mum loves two hours in Exeter. Would the latter be too extreme and even so, could it even be enforceable? 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

My sister lives about two minutes drive from me but I've seen her once in the past two months. 

That sort of thing could be fine. However, as you mentioned about distance limits and in the article, that could be an issue. 

Using the above example, my sister lives two minutes drive from me, while my mum loves two hours in Exeter. Would the latter be too extreme and even so, could it even be enforceable? 

Yeah similar to me with the first bit. My bro, sis in law and niece live about 2 mins drive. Seen them once or twice for shopping deliveries. Tied it in with giving my brother and niece their birthday stuff too. Felt so weird just standing from their door and not being able to hug them. 

No idea about enforcing that example you say. Depends likelihood of getting caught? And if you were to be stopped, what would you tell police? They'd say 2 hours is probably too much and then you'd be no better than Kyle Walker xD

They can’t help themselves can they? That graph showing the steps and what each one shows...you’d think that they would follow the red to green colour phasing that they had shown when explaining what the levels were. But instead they kept the red of labour as the dangerous step and the light blue of the Tories as the steps 4-1. But don’t make it political xD

If we’re potentially at 0.9 why are people being expected to go back to work? And allow households out of the house for however long they want?

The entirety of London is to avoid the tube or the buses? Does he know how the city operates? Builders, warehouse and factory workers, cleaners etc who will work on the other side of the city....this is gunna hang a lot of people out to dry