talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

We'll get a public inquiry but manslaughter charges would be an insane precedent to set. 

Who would ever become a civil servant if you could easily go to jail for being incompetent. 

The "government" is not just 26 MP's infested by 3 who were part of Vote Leave. It's hundreds of civil servants and Spads. You can't actually expect 26 people to know everything there is to know.

• Upvote 1

I went out here in the south of Spain on Monday without it being to go to the supermarket or pharmacy for the first time in around 50 days. A very liberating experience. The de-escalation period started here last weekend and this week people have been able to go out to do exercise, with every age group given a certain slot in the day in which they can go out. With exercise, you have no limitations with movement, whilst if you're just walking you have to stay 1km from your home. 

I guess we can only wait for late next week to see the consequences, hopefully, the numbers stay stable or reduce further. One of my students is a doctor and he was saying that potentially there could be a second wave next week which might mean going back to square one. He was saying that as everyone has been locked up for so long, with some of the toughest lockdown restrictions worldwide here, people will start doing more than they should be and this may spread the virus even more with some parts of the country being affected worse than others. I went out for a run by the river tonight and it was very busy, a lot of people doing exercise but also a lot of people who just seemed to be conjugating in groups, not a police officer in sight. The de-escalation process is obviously a key period, I guess we can only wait and see if it turns out alright.

Hope everyone's well. Best wishes to everyone.  :18_kissing_heart:

Edited by carefreeluke
  • Like 1

• Subscriber

Yeah new cases still very low over here. We're allowed to visit the houses of "loved ones" now as long as we don't enter the house and keep our 2 metres so on Friday I'm heading down to my parents' house for the first time in over 2 months which is sound.

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

We'll get a public inquiry but manslaughter charges would be an insane precedent to set. 

Who would ever become a civil servant if you could easily go to jail for being incompetent. 

The "government" is not just 26 MP's infested by 3 who were part of Vote Leave. It's hundreds of civil servants and Spads. You can't actually expect 26 people to know everything there is to know.

You’d have to find all the morons not sticking to social distancing and charge them as well. After all, they know the risks......

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’d have to find all the morons not sticking to social distancing and charge them as well. After all, they know the risks......

I am fairly sure that you have a whole portfolio of evidence on people piled up behind your front door including 'live' footage/times/dates etc that you will be handing over to the old bill when this is all over, I don't think anyone will be getting away with anything down your street... 

• Haha 4

• Administrator
8 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I went out here in the south of Spain on Monday without it being to go to the supermarket or pharmacy for the first time in around 50 days. A very liberating experience. The de-escalation period started here last weekend and this week people have been able to go out to do exercise, with every age group given a certain slot in the day in which they can go out. With exercise, you have no limitations with movement, whilst if you're just walking you have to stay 1km from your home. 

I guess we can only wait for late next week to see the consequences, hopefully, the numbers stay stable or reduce further. One of my students is a doctor and he was saying that potentially there could be a second wave next week which might mean going back to square one. He was saying that as everyone has been locked up for so long, with some of the toughest lockdown restrictions worldwide here, people will start doing more than they should be and this may spread the virus even more with some parts of the country being affected worse than others. I went out for a run by the river tonight and it was very busy, a lot of people doing exercise but also a lot of people who just seemed to be conjugating in groups, not a police officer in sight. The de-escalation process is obviously a key period, I guess we can only wait and see if it turns out alright.

Hope everyone's well. Best wishes to everyone.  :18_kissing_heart:

Good to hear from you and glad you're safe. Must be quite relieving to be able to go out and about. That age group thing sounds quite good and I get the feeling Spanish community will be more tolerant of that than people over here! 

In my state they're re-opening Restaurants, Bars, Pubs from Monday and even swimming pools, gyms etc. a week later. Way too early, IMO. I think with that and how many people are handling this, a 2nd wave is inevitable. :/

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I am fairly sure that you have a whole portfolio of evidence on people piled up behind your front door including 'live' footage/times/dates etc that you will be handing over to the old bill when this is all over, I don't think anyone will be getting away with anything down your street... 

Just cunts walking around in groups of 10 :hh:

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

In my state they're re-opening Restaurants, Bars, Pubs from Monday and even swimming pools, gyms etc. a week later. Way too early, IMO. I think with that and how many people are handling this, a 2nd wave is inevitable. :/

People will assume it’s just back to normal. It’s human nature to be utter bellends.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I really don't understand why we haven't made these within the UK itself by both UK and devolved governments, especially as they have to meet certain standards as well. 

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

There were queues down Swansea way (I think) whereby staff had to perform traffic control. This was for a drive thru at KFC. 

As DeadLinesman simply put it, with one extra addition. 

14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

People will assume it’s just back to normal. It’s human nature to be utter bellends and thick fucking cunts. 

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I really don't understand why we haven't made these within the UK itself by both UK and devolved governments, especially as they have to meet certain standards as well. 

If I remember correctly, over the past few weeks and mainly towards start of April, there were several suppliers and manufacturers offering their supplies & services to the government but they didn't even get replied to or acknowledged. Now I appreciate they were probably overwhelmed and there could well have been logistical issues but also financial implications as to why they weren't used.

Having said that though, it continues to portray a total lack of organisation from the government. Let's order 400k of a product which we don't know what it'll be like, but it's cheaper so let's go with it.

If you go local, it's perhaps easier to sample or easier to test and ensure it is fit for purpose and meet such standards for protection. Then at least you know what you're getting. 

Surely you'd rather pay more for a quality, fit-for-purpose product as opposed to pay less for something that you can't use at all?! Just doesn't make sense how they've got this so wrong.

11 hours ago, Harvsky said:

It was insane to use herd immunity to kill people off but here we are, it was an attempt by the government that to kill more people off, on behalf of themselves and their families, now so that we wouldn't be overburdened later on, which is bad enough in itself essentially deciding that people will die when their lives could be saved....but instead we killed a load of people off now and are overburdened now. I'm just disillusioned at the lack of accountability in general, Brexit is a prime example that you can break the law and still get the final result that the law breaking was intended to get.

I'm obviously not suggesting that we charge hundreds of civil servants nor am I suggesting that we actually charge whoever with manslaughter, it was just thinking aloud. What I'm afraid of is that there will be an inquiry, some people will look bad, some of those people who look bad will lose their jobs worst case scenario but overall everything else will remain the same.

Personally I'm struggling to see how this many deaths can simply be put down to incompetence but I guess the only way we'll get a light shone on that is through an inquiry.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I actually called 101 the other day because there were some twats across the road who were having drinks stood on their front with their mates and some people from further down the road. There were 15 of them just stood having a casual chat and not observing any kind of distance. Only two of them lived in the house they were stood outside of.

14 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I actually called 101 the other day because there were some twats across the road who were having drinks stood on their front with their mates and some people from further down the road. There were 15 of them just stood having a casual chat and not observing any kind of distance. Only two of them lived in the house they were stood outside of.

Just pass new laws, take their names/dob etc and every single one of the cunts loses the right to attend an NHS setting for the next 12 months. Good luck dickheads.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Just pass new laws, take their names/dob etc and every single one of the cunts loses the right to attend an NHS setting for the next 12 months. Good luck dickheads.

I'd support that! I felt like a right nob by reporting them but it's people like that who are going to end up causing us to be in this a lot longer. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Danny said:

It was insane to use herd immunity to kill people off but here we are, it was an attempt by the government that to kill more people off, on behalf of themselves and their families, now so that we wouldn't be overburdened later on, which is bad enough in itself essentially deciding that people will die when their lives could be saved....but instead we killed a load of people off now and are overburdened now. I'm just disillusioned at the lack of accountability in general, Brexit is a prime example that you can break the law and still get the final result that the law breaking was intended to get.

I'm obviously not suggesting that we charge hundreds of civil servants nor am I suggesting that we actually charge whoever with manslaughter, it was just thinking aloud. What I'm afraid of is that there will be an inquiry, some people will look bad, some of those people who look bad will lose their jobs worst case scenario but overall everything else will remain the same.

Personally I'm struggling to see how this many deaths can simply be put down to incompetence but I guess the only way we'll get a light shone on that is through an inquiry.

There will 100% be inquiries.

Boris alluded to as much yesterday in PMQs when questioned about the care home crises and deaths that have arisen from that.

There'll be mounting pressure from the outset (if not now already) for there to be an inquiry in to how the government managed this right from the start, probably dating back to Jan/Feb when it was first talked about the potential of there being a global outbreak and why UK wasn't readily prepared for it.

I saw earlier today that in 2016 the government pushed back or cancelled pandemic preparations in favour of sorting out preparations for a no-deal Brexit. To the point where it was concluded back then that there would be a serious shortage of PPE if a pandemic was to strike... 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

There will 100% be inquiries.

Boris alluded to as much yesterday in PMQs when questioned about the care home crises and deaths that have arisen from that.

There'll be mounting pressure from the outset (if not now already) for there to be an inquiry in to how the government managed this right from the start, probably dating back to Jan/Feb when it was first talked about the potential of there being a global outbreak and why UK wasn't readily prepared for it.

I saw earlier today that in 2016 the government pushed back or cancelled pandemic preparations in favour of sorting out preparations for a no-deal Brexit. To the point where it was concluded back then that there would be a serious shortage of PPE if a pandemic was to strike... 

I try to stay of social media but Facebook more than anywhere, mainly because of the age range that use it, is full of "Boris is doing his best" and "no one could have predicted this" and a load of other soundbites that just treat the handling of this so far as being as best as they can in a shit situation

51 minutes ago, Danny said:

A hottake of suppositions solely baked in one article of a rumoured sentence said by a spad.

• Upvote 1

Vizcarra has given up. People in Peru are just doing what they feel like. The traffic is still there, people still going out etc. What utter fools. It's no wonder why we're 2nd in Latinamerica. The people simply have no discipline.

Death rate is still low which is good, but I'm expecting it to rise. I for one hope the lockdown isn't lifted, because the people who are disciplined and listening to the president shouldn't have to risk themselves going to work or school.

mapa-regiones-peru-1588721600.jpg

Fair play, both governments have been a bit of a shambles really haven't they. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52572954

Also says something when our own government and Public Health department aren't even on the same wavelength. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52573906

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fair play, both governments have been a bit of a shambles really haven't they. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52572954

Also says something when our own government and Public Health department aren't even on the same wavelength. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52573906

And Raab just said the R value has gone down while the ONS chief stats guy said it has gone up

xD 

Consistent message really helps clear things up for the general public :)