talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

“You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household,” he said. 

“You must obey the rules on social distancing, and to enforce those rules we will increase the fines for the small minority who break them.”

How are they going to enforce that then??? The first sunny weekend we get parks and beaches will be inundated with people.. It has been bad enough with people having a relaxed attitude toward it but now it's going to be a free for all... 
Edited by Bluewolf

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

“You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household,” he said. 

“You must obey the rules on social distancing, and to enforce those rules we will increase the fines for the small minority who break them.”

How are they going to enforce that then??? The first sunny weekend we get parks and beaches will be inundated with people.. It has been bad enough with people having a relaxed attitude toward it but now it's going to be a free for all... 

That bit was utterly bizarre and for something that was scripted and recorded, I'm astounded that nobody has gone "what the fuck does that even mean?" at all during any stage of that. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

A load of vague waffle, then? Cheers Boris. 

Yep!

19 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Who can go back to work tomorrow then? I've got no idea what's going on.

Fuck knows. 'Actively encouraged' to go back to work if you can't work from home but say for instance, you're a shop worker. How can you go back to work when some shops won't open til July in the shitty diagram he put up xD?

And he said construction workers/manufacturing workers can go back to work but still employ social distancing. But given what we've heard about @Carnivore Chris's examples, it's physically impossible and you're going to be mixing with other households. But you're not allowed to go and see your family in a different household.

Load of bollocks from Boris and so much confusion has arisen out of it. For all the fist-pumping, table-banging, tone-raising and for all the words he spoke, he didn't really tell us anything...

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

That bit was utterly bizarre and for something that was scripted and recorded, I'm astounded that nobody has gone "what the fuck does that even mean?" at all during any stage of that. 

Yes! I thought this too xD! Just goes to show his team around him are probably fucking stupid as he is. How they've not sussed that the message didn't really provide any clarity is beyond me.

I'd say the best thing to come out of it (if it's worth holding on to anything' is the 1-5 rating. But that's about it!

36 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Who can go back to work tomorrow then?

28 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

They've told people to go back to work, but not really who exactly, with less than eighteen hours notice. These people couldn't be any more detached from normal life if they tried.

I am sure that all the employers watching that tonight are well ahead of the rest of us after working tirelessly with the Government behind the scenes and are fully prepared to not only allow their staff back on site with only 12 hours notice but also that they are fully prepared to keep their staff safe with all the appropriate PPE in place to safeguard them once the masses start gathering in the offices, canteens and warehouses where they work... 

At least @Carnivore Chris can get back to work now as long as it's local to him, you know walking distance as he will need to avoid that other vital component to getting people to and from work and that's buses and trains... Again I am fairly positive that both the rail and bus companies are well ahead of the rest of us in preparation for that tsunami of people going back... or not as the case probably is.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Reading this as well as Twitter about the discipline in the UK, it makes me feel a bit better about Peru's society.

Not now Brian.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Apparently the reproduction rate has gone up again in Germany. From 0.65 to 1.10. 

The reproduction rate is expected to fluctuate though, as it's subject to statistical uncertainty and is also succeptible to even small variations in the data, especially since the RKI calculates it on a 4 day moving average. 

• Upvote 1

There were two concerning parts of this for me. 

The first was being allowed to drive to other destinations for exercise. As well as wondering why you need to drive to do some exercise in the first place, we have had people from England coming to Wales for stupid reasons but this could cause us more problems in terms of policing the roads if traffic increases. 

The second part was encouraging people to go to work if you can't from home, but avoiding public transport. Unless you have a car, that's impossible to do. At the same time, hasn't this also been the message from the beginning anyway (work from home if possible and avoid public transport if possible)? 

While there wasn't much of a plan overall (I think people were expecting a fully detailed plan for all areas inside 15 minutes), at least there is something for consideration and that England can at least have a tiny bit more freedom, so long as they don't upgrade to ultra thick fucking cunts (which unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath). It's more than what we got from the Welsh Government at least (which I mentioned on the previous page as allowing exercise more than once a day and allowing garden centres, recycling centres and libraries to apply for reopening. No dates or plans for anything else). 

I'd imagine more will be detailed afterwards.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'd imagine more will be detailed afterwards.

Already been 'leaked' (?), some of them...

Still find it mad you can 'meet' friends in a park but we've been given no guidance about seeing family in differrent households. Maybe that will come tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath...

My interpretation is they believe people will get tired of lockdown, will allow people out and let the r rate rise above 1 and then use it as an example as to why it’s so important to follow lockdown and then bring us back to a total lockdown again

Also the complete vagueness on people who can’t work from home is essentially to cut any excuses for builders not to be at work building all those private homes going up and anyone else who falls into the bracket of you may die or get sick but actually we need the money from what you’re job gives us

Edited by Danny

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

My interpretation is they believe people will get tired of lockdown, will allow people out and let the r rate rise above 1 and then use it as an example as to why it’s so important to follow lockdown and then bring us back to a total lockdown again

And also use it as an example for blaming the public, not the government, is what the cynic in me is saying...

12 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm not holding my breath

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

but I'm not holding my breath

The current record is held by Aleix Segura Vendrell lasting 24 minutes and 3 seconds... Knowing how our Government operates I would not recommend holding on for more than 30 seconds... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Stan said:

And also use it as an example for blaming the public, not the government, is what the cynic in me is saying...

Completely this, it will be their psychology of scaring the public into a lockdown by sacrificing people as the disease spreads again....is what the “cynic” on me is saying...

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

Also the complete vagueness on people who can’t work from home is essentially to cut any excuses for builders not to be at work building all those private homes going up and anyone else who falls into the bracket of you may die or get sick but actually we need the money from what you’re job gives us

While I haven't seen it so much where I live, my mate has seen it up where he lives in the valleys and people are breaking lockdown rules. I can only see that getting worse out of frustration, despite us being in lockdown for another three weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

But at the same time, part of the blame would be on the public if they don't do social distancing at the very least. I'm generally trying to avoid people left, right and centre atm (a bit over the top but better safe than sorry I guess) but when other's simply say 'fuck it' and do as they please, what else can you do? 

It's the scenario of 'damned of you do, damned if you don't' really. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Also, is it just me or is this a contradicting statement? 

Seems like it. 

Only thing I can think of for what she's trying to say is that Boris can't just use Wales as and when he wants, on the back of him making an announcement that only seems to suit England. And also on the back of the devolved nations (I do not like that term!) continuing with the 'stay at home' message earlier today (correctly, in my opinion).

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Still find it mad you can 'meet' friends in a park but we've been given no guidance about seeing family in differrent households. Maybe that will come tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath...

Surely if you can meet friends in a park you can meet family in a park? I get that the messaging hasn't been entirely clear, but that seems like incredibly common sense to me

The new rules feel like a case of misaligned priorities to me. At a basic level, battling the virus is a case of balancing lockdowns and reducing contact with minimising economic destruction. Today, they've allowed people to mix freely without taking any action on the economy beyond encouraging more people to go to work, many of whom likely don't have work to go to. 'encouraging' being the key word

People have actually still been working on sites, I know people who haven't had a day off through this. It's been sub contractor companies taking their own men off sites and then the house build companies shut on their own accord, but have had to recently open due to the fact deadlines need to be met. Borris hasn't called for them to be shut at any point. It's been companies doing it off their own back.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I am sure that all the employers watching that tonight are well ahead of the rest of us after working tirelessly with the Government behind the scenes and are fully prepared to not only allow their staff back on site with only 12 hours notice but also that they are fully prepared to keep their staff safe with all the appropriate PPE in place to safeguard them once the masses start gathering in the offices, canteens and warehouses where they work... 

At least @Carnivore Chris can get back to work now as long as it's local to him, you know walking distance as he will need to avoid that other vital component to getting people to and from work and that's buses and trains... Again I am fairly positive that both the rail and bus companies are well ahead of the rest of us in preparation for that tsunami of people going back... or not as the case probably is.. 

The site I was on is a stone's throw away. But I'm not sure I'll even end up back on there. We'll see. The amount of people working on sites will likely have to be cut down. 

I wonder if the fishing lakes near here will open? The pegs between each fisherman must be 20 meters or more. There is a camp site and restaurant with a bar there, obviously they should remain shut still but not sure why the fishing lakes should be? You book online by card and any bailiff can speak to you from 50 meters away if necessary. They are a business who need money aswell. I would also say these types of businesses need it as it's not just for fishing but full of wildlife that actually depend on these man made lakes and fisheries.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Surely if you can meet friends in a park you can meet family in a park? I get that the messaging hasn't been entirely clear, but that seems like incredibly common sense to me

The new rules feel like a case of misaligned priorities to me. At a basic level, battling the virus is a case of balancing lockdowns and reducing contact with minimising economic destruction. Today, they've allowed people to mix freely without taking any action on the economy beyond encouraging more people to go to work, many of whom likely don't have work to go to. 'encouraging' being the key word

True, I guess it just adds to the lack of clarity. Perhaps the wording should have been 'household' and not just friends. Not everyone who lives in the same house is just family...

I find it ironic that they've said we need to 'control the virus', and while I appreciate all the new rules (from Weds) about going to parks/beaches etc still have the social distancing aspect in place too, it just heightens the risk for the virus to spread, I think. 

It goes back to @Danny's point earlier about putting the onus on the public. That should be the case anyway to an extent but at the same time, it needs clear messages from the government too.