talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator

I don't think Piers is a nice guy at all, even though I've found myself agreeing with the points he's been making recently (surprising as I thought I'd never agree with him).

He's making the same points he would as the people he used to criticise which is somewhat ironic.

And I don't think you can ever be called 'a nice guy' the moment you start hacking a dead girl's phone :what:

I love that he's taking the government to task whenever they appear on GMB (which they've stopped) but I'll be honest if he interviewed me like that I'd stick 2 fingers up at him and walk off. But then that's what he wants. He's almost a troll - he wants a reaction and it's win-win for him - if he gets a reaction or raises his voice, he gets his headlines; if someone does walk off, that's a win. If someone so much as makes a decent point though he's ready to talk all over them. That for me isn't 'interviewing' and actually comes across rude.

I'm glad he's having a go at some MPs though. It's more than any other journalist does on those boring & awful daily updates now. Like some journalists there were asking the most stupid questions and were easy wins for Boris/Hancock/any minister to answer.

• Upvote 2

Piers Morgan is a vitriolic bellend, whose causing more harm than good with this Robin Hood facade he’s putting on. 

I’ve just had This Morning on and you’ve got Schofield asking the Health Secretary “what if you don’t live near a park can they still meet people?”. FFS, are people that thick? 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Piers Morgan is a vitriolic bellend, whose causing more harm than good with this Robin Hood facade he’s putting on. 

I’ve just had This Morning on and you’ve got Schofield asking the Health Secretary “what if you don’t live near a park can they still meet people?”. FFS, are people that thick? 

Unfortunately yes, people are that thick, which has been proven enough during the pandemic. :(

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

He's a massive cunt and he's probably got an ulterior motive but he's one of the few holding the government to account properly on this. Rather this than those who you know who voted Tory either refuse to believe what you tell them or come out with 'we all need to come together and get behind the government'. I saw one the other day say that the leader of the opposition shouldn't be asking questions about that pre recorded farce on Sunday nightxD

I quite like Starmer to be honest. Seems to be very calculated in his responses and not too emotional. As for Morgan, there’s always an altering motive. Taking any advice or listening to him is akin to letting Saville babysit your kids.

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Not keen on him myself, He could be half decent if he didn't like the sound of his own voice so much and spent most of his time constantly badgering and interrupting people... He reminds me of that other twat Jeremy Kyle.. He makes some good points sometimes and he does tend to go for the jugular on subjects but then ruins it with his over loud attention seeking attitude 

I agree apart from the half decent bit. He’s an utterly soulless bastard who shouldn’t have a public forum to air his views, let alone national television. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

The general population are fairly decent, but there’s a massive rat race out there that just don’t give a fuck. Common sense just rarely exists anymore.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

I agree apart from the half decent bit. He’s an utterly soulless bastard who shouldn’t have a public forum to air his views, let alone national television. 

When I say half decent I meant from a questioning point of view not a personality one... If he allowed people to speak rather than trying to speak over them in his self important aggressive manner all the time then he could be good at what he does.. I don't like a lot of people but if they are good at what they do you have to admire that.. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

He is a twat of the highest order, watching him doing an interview live is a waste of fucking space, he talks through people, asks them a question then cuts in when they try to get their point of view across and rants on like a fucking idiot, he did it the other morning when they had Nicola Sturgeon on, he asked her questions and whenever she tried to answer all he did was bloody cut in. 

When Wenger was in charge of the Gunners he ranted on that he should be gone asp as he was bringing Arsenal down, Wenger went and now Arsenal is no better of than when Wenger was in charge and he does not say fuck all about the managers after Wenger. 

Edited by CaaC (John)

• Administrator

Disgusting how Sturgeon is treated as well. The other day Kay Burley was interviewing her then they cut her off just to say hello to Matt Hancock as he walked in to Downing Street, as if any kind of politician was gonna get into any kind of discussion there. Have you seen how quickly they rush in?! 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

FFS :dam:

Quote.thumb.png.ccdfdec5e66b2168e7fbf7909a102c55.png

Coronavirus: Homeless man charged for being outside ‘without reasonable excuse’ under lockdown law

But the law states that the restriction “does not apply to any person who is homeless”.
A judge challenged the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) over the charge during a hearing at Westminster’ Magistrates Court on Monday.

District Judge Alexander Jacobs asked: “Is it not a defence that the regulation doesn't apply to a person who is homeless?
“If he is homeless then the charge 'that he left the place he was living, namely no fixed address' doesn't make sense to me.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-homeless-man-charged-for-being-outside-without-reasonable-excuse-under-lockdown-law/ar-BB13Xjo7?li=AAnZ9Ug

8 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s hilarious how Piers thinks continually trashing the government will make the masses think he doesn’t vote Tory and hopefully forget he hacked a dead kids mobile phone. Utter fucking scum.

Morgan didn't hack a dead girl's phone, that was carried out by the News of the World. He is a massive bellend though who stirs ignorance and hatred to draw in his viewership

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Morgan didn't hack a dead girl's phone, that was carried out by the News of the World. He is a massive bellend though who stirs ignorance and hatred to draw in his viewership

Wasn't he editor at the time?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wasn't he editor at the time?

No, completely different newspaper. News of the World hacked her phone and as a result were closed down, Morgan was the editor of the Mirror. There were accusations that the Mirror hacked celebrities phones but I don't think it was ever proven. I imagine that's where the confusion has come from and the story that he hacked her phone has stuck.

Morgan was fired by the Mirror for publishing photos showing British soldiers torturing Iraqis, the Mirror said that the photos were maliciously hoaxed and so Morgan had to go. Morgan however said: "I was fired. I refuse to apologize. And I refuse to accept that they were necessarily fakes. To this day, nobody has ever been prosecuted for it. They never found out who took the pictures. They arrested somebody, a soldier, but at the last minute, rather than go through with the prosecution and the faking of the pictures, they chose him as a prosecution witness in another torture case, thereby implying that he had credibility. I will apologize if firm evidence ever materializes that they were 100 percent fake, I will apologize." https://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/piers-morgan-on-phone-hacking-iraq-photos-154551

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Danny said:

No, completely different newspaper. News of the World hacked her phone and as a result were closed down, Morgan was the editor of the Mirror. There were accusations that the Mirror hacked celebrities phones but I don't think it was ever proven. I imagine that's where the confusion has come from and the story that he hacked her phone has stuck.

Morgan was fired by the Mirror for publishing photos showing British soldiers torturing Iraqis, the Mirror said that the photos were maliciously hoaxed and so Morgan had to go. Morgan however said: "I was fired. I refuse to apologize. And I refuse to accept that they were necessarily fakes. To this day, nobody has ever been prosecuted for it. They never found out who took the pictures. They arrested somebody, a soldier, but at the last minute, rather than go through with the prosecution and the faking of the pictures, they chose him as a prosecution witness in another torture case, thereby implying that he had credibility. I will apologize if firm evidence ever materializes that they were 100 percent fake, I will apologize." https://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/piers-morgan-on-phone-hacking-iraq-photos-154551

Don’t spoil the fun Danny. 

54 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I've been invited to a BBQ :4_joy:

There are people out there who have never really stuck to the rules, they made their own rules up based on their own risk assessment and now lockdown is easing they are pushing that boundary further.

Did you say yes? :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Boris Johnsons message to the working classes:- Good luck out there!! 

Boris Johnson’s televised address left a nation baffled, but there was one message the clarity of which should not be doubted. If you are a middle-class professional, then you can keep safely working from home, and whether you venture outside for leisure, exercise or sunbathing is entirely up to you. For everybody else, it’s time to get back to work, and best of luck!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/boris-johnsons-message-to-the-working-class-good-luck-out-there/ar-BB13WVM3?ocid=spartanntp

To be fair, there's not even a job there for me now. I got that job all myself and got myself the joint biggest hourly wage I've ever managed to get and that's now gone. So is the little business I was going to start up in providing local sites with something hard to get hold of:- good forklift drivers, labourers and snaggers. It won't happen now and it'll be even difficult to find work full stop that is local and not for shit money. 

Now, sites are going to cut the amount of workers down to comply with these shitty new social distancing rules as these main contractor companies will be shitting it incase they are forcely shut down due to not complying with new regulations, sub contractor firms will be forced to cut down on workers, etc. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

I've been invited to a BBQ :4_joy:

There are people out there who have never really stuck to the rules, they made their own rules up based on their own risk assessment and now lockdown is easing they are pushing that boundary further.

Don't forget, we're meant to use all of our common sense together to get through this... 

Has anyone seen that Defcon style chart the are using to say what level we are at with the virus?? with 1 being the lowest ( or best ) and 5 being the highest ( or worst ) and we are at 4 and they are trying to push people back to work even though we are at least 3 weeks or more behind everyone else?? If it had been at 2 or 2.5 then maybe we are showing signs of having it under control but being at 4 means:- 

Description - A COVID-19 epidemic is in general circulation; transmission is high or rising exponentially

Action - Current social distancing measures and restrictions 

29 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Has anyone seen that Defcon style chart the are using to say what level we are at with the virus?? with 1 being the lowest ( or best ) and 5 being the highest ( or worst ) and we are at 4 and they are trying to push people back to work even though we are at least 3 weeks or more behind everyone else?? If it had been at 2 or 2.5 then maybe we are showing signs of having it under control but being at 4 means:- 

Description - A COVID-19 epidemic is in general circulation; transmission is high or rising exponentially

Action - Current social distancing measures and restrictions 

The one that looks like this?

Gluten-Free-Menu-Nandos.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

I recommended we move it to outside local jurisdiction, somewhere like Wales

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You're not allowed in. Piss off. ;)

Also, what daft twat even suggested this option? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52636160

Does anyone have the COVID-19 transmission rates among the sheep??? thought they would have been fairly high in Wales... just don't see anybody releasing those stats unless I am going to the wrong websites?? I suppose I should be typing in 'Rural walks and local leisure centres in Wales' to be getting that information..