talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

The only 'Oldie' we had that I did like was Zlatan but I am afraid there are not many of them around nowadays, that guy is Zlatan and he is still going strong at 41 years old, if I counted up right he has scored 405 goals (17 for United) and 62 for sweeden since 1999, starting off at Malmö FF    .:x

Don't get me wrong I'm not an advocate of signing Weghorst up full time but at the end of the day we have to look at our situation. We spent big in the summer and that means we haven't got the cash to buy a striker outright.

We need a short term loan deal, Weghorst has scored consistently for club and country so we know with service he will score goals. He will also offer us much needed height in the box.

To me this makes perfect sense. The lad will be happy with a squad role and he will allow Martial to rest now and again.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Devil said:

To me this makes perfect sense. The lad will be happy with a squad role and he will allow Martial to rest now and again.

Martial still needs to pull his finger out, I know he is playing better under ET Hag but still looks like a hot & cold player, I think he is better off out wide on the right with Rashford playing on the left, but all we need is a top striker with them 2 then we are looking good.

4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Martial still needs to pull his finger out, I know he is playing better under ET Hag but still looks like a hot & cold player, I think he is better off out wide on the right with Rashford playing on the left, but all we need is a top striker with them 2 then we are looking good.

Yeah I agree.

Be interesting to see who he goes for in the summer.

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

wout weghorst, holy mother mary

Put money on it he out scores Isak from the day he signs and the end of season.

Mate your so anti Manchester United it's now getting questionable whether you actually like football or you just come on to troll about United.

Before you make silly posts go look at the facts, aside from his spell at Burnley he's been a consistent goalscorer where ever he's been. 

We don't have the money to buy a striker outright, he's a decent back up.

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

Mate your so anti Manchester United it's now getting questionable whether you actually like football or you just come on to troll about United.

Before you make silly posts go look at the facts, aside from his spell at Burnley he's been a consistent goalscorer where ever he's been. 

6 month loan of a Dutch international who scored 2 against Argentina in a World Cup Q/F. No issues with that if it means we save money for the summer.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Not sure it needs it's own transfer rumour thread or not, but apparently Maguire & his agent were spotted in a restaurant not too far from Villa's training grounds. Some now have him 1-6 to join Villa before the end of the transfer window. With Spurs also interested, depending what rumour source you look for.

Seeing as ETH is happy using Luke Shaw at centre back it wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Devil said:

you have been linked to Thuram and Depay, both better than him.   

don't catch feels, the idea of man United signing a 31 year old who flopped in the premier league and would struggle in the championship is baffling.  you just need to get over your "people must not talk about man United" complex.   

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

you have been linked to Thuram and Depay, both better than him.   

don't catch feels, the idea of man United signing a 31 year old who flopped in the premier league and would struggle in the championship is baffling.  you just need to get over your "people must not talk about man United" complex.   

Struggle in the Championship.....

Go and look at his goal record in the Bundesliga and at International level. Stop talking rubbish.

He had a bad time at Burnley, I will give you that one. Any player can have a bad spell, look at Sebastian Haller at West Ham, couldn't hit a barn door. 

Goes to Ajax and he's banging in goals left, right and centre in the Champions league.

As for this alleged complex, I can take constructive conversation regarding my team but you just can't help but post total nonsense about us. Get a life mate, I'm sorry my team absolutely dominated English football for a large period of your life to the point it's filled you with utter hate for us. I'm sorry your team has won nothing in your life time. 

It's just so tiresome opening up a thread and seeing utter rubbish being posted about the club I support. 

I will say it again, Weghorst if he signs will score more than your striker between the day he signs and the end of the season. I'm willing to have a bet with you on it.

Edited by Devil

3 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Not sure it needs it's own transfer rumour thread or not, but apparently Maguire & his agent were spotted in a restaurant not too far from Villa's training grounds. Some now have him 1-6 to join Villa before the end of the transfer window. With Spurs also interested, depending what rumour source you look for.

We need to get players off the wage big and start selling players who are surplus to requirements. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Manchester United laugh off Harry Maguire transfer speculation

16 hours ago, Devil said:

Struggle in the Championship.....

Go and look at his goal record in the Bundesliga and at International level. Stop talking rubbish.

He had a bad time at Burnley, I will give you that one. Any player can have a bad spell, look at Sebastian Haller at West Ham, couldn't hit a barn door. 

Goes to Ajax and he's banging in goals left, right and centre in the Champions league.

As for this alleged complex, I can take constructive conversation regarding my team but you just can't help but post total nonsense about us. Get a life mate, I'm sorry my team absolutely dominated English football for a large period of your life to the point it's filled you with utter hate for us. I'm sorry your team has won nothing in your life time. 

It's just so tiresome opening up a thread and seeing utter rubbish being posted about the club I support. 

I will say it again, Weghorst if he signs will score more than your striker between the day he signs and the end of the season. I'm willing to have a bet with you on it.

I think the damage controlling that some of the fans come up with is hilarious.  People like Terry Flewers, Mark Goldbridge, Howson can come up with like the glazers don't spend is utter garbage.   They have shelled 1.2bn over 6 years which is double City and Liverpool, the club just bought bad players and that comes down to people in recruitment not the Glazers.

the off season was comedy watching you spend 3 months trying to get De Jong only to shell out on Casemero and Antony.   while Casemero is the better option over de jong, he will be 36 or 37 at the end of his 300k a week deal, if he regresses it may not look so rosy and time catches everyone.   for now it worked out well but 65m is a big outlay for diminishing returns

45 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Man utd don't run out of money. It's probably because the glaziers are selling. They're not gonna invest to much if they are gonna sell 

Could they be bullshitting though? Pretending to sell so they don't have to spend this window.