talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

2 hours ago, LorenaMileusnic said:

The man who was paid so much money, in my opinion, did not justify the investment.
I know that there are many opinions that he is a good quality, but that the management and coaching of Manchester United is a problem, but I still think that he is not even a 50% quality player like Virgil Van Dijk.
I would be interested to hear the views of other members and people on this subject and who would be the perfect defensive player for Man Utd.
I am a huge fan of this club and would like them to return to the top of european  football again.

Do you mean Harry Maguire? I don't think he's as good as Virgil van Dijk... but I don't think there are many players out there who are that good at defending.

Tbh, I think United need a new manager more than they need anything else. I think the style of football they play works well when they're playing sides who are better than them, or when they're up against a side that thinks "well this Man Utd isn't as good as Man Utd sides in the past, we can try to play expansive football against them."

Solskjaer's tactically limited and he really only ever sets up United to be good at countering. But when he's faced with sides that aren't going to open up against United, United always struggle with the basics and then tend to play poorly and make mistakes which cost them.

I honestly believe the current crop of Man Utd players looks a lot better all over the pitch with a more tactically adept manager. Yes, there's deadwood that needs to be sold and new players that need to be brought in... but I don't think United should look as bad as they have at their worst this season. And ultimately, I think that comes down to their manager and his lack of ideas.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LorenaMileusnic said:

The man who was paid so much money, in my opinion, did not justify the investment.

Welcome too TF365 but as a Man United supporter myself who the hell are you talking about? you posted under the post about Harry Gregg who passed away O.o

11 hours ago, LorenaMileusnic said:

I know that there are many opinions that he is a good quality, but that the management and coaching of Manchester United is a problem, but I still think that he is not even a 50% quality player like Virgil Van Dijk.
I would be interested to hear the views of other members and people on this subject and who would be the perfect defensive player for Man Utd.
I am a huge fan of this club and would like them to return to the top of european  football again.

The money is the issue, not the player. There’s not 10 VVD’s out there, only one.

• Like 1

Manchester United are reportedly lining up a big money move for Wolverhampton Wanderers Portuguese winger Diogo Jota. Jota has been in excellent form this year, setting up many goals and scoring a total of 14 goals in all competitions this season. It is claimed that Manchester United are preparing a £50 million offer for Jota this summer. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jota-man-utd-transfer-news-17798881

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1245996/Man-Utd-news-50m-bid-Wolves-Diogo-Jota-transfer-gossip-rumours-latest

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.b94008e0f00767700a65c892c5257f15.png

Nemanja Matic: Manchester United trigger extension in midfielder's contract

Manchester United have triggered a clause to extend midfielder Nemanja Matic's contract by one year.

The 31-year-old, whose three-year contract was due to expire this summer, is also in talks with the club over lengthening the deal even further.

Matic's recent form has encouraged United to extend his stay to 2021 and the Serb could remain beyond that.

Matic has made 109 appearances for the Old Trafford club since joining from Chelsea in a £40m deal in 2017.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51925292

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What's the deal with Angel Gomes? Appears to want out given lack of playing time yet wants to join us for playing time? 

Screams agent talk. 

Basically the next Pogba, in that he thinks he deserves a large well paid contract after proving absolutely fuck all at first team level, nor providing the evidence when he’s actually been given a chance. Rumours of a shite attitude in training as well.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Basically the next Pogba, in that he thinks he deserves a large well paid contract after proving absolutely fuck all at first team level, nor providing the evidence when he’s actually been given a chance. Rumours of a shite attitude in training as well.

Ravel Morrison levels or nah?

On 14/05/2020 at 17:29, DeadLinesman said:

Nobody is Ravel Morrison level. His pure brilliance and technique was only rivalled by his ability to be an absolute bellwipe. Coincidentally, bumped into him in M&S last Monday xD

How did you bump into him when you are supposed to be 2 metres apart? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...