• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus and Football

football forum

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

They say this virus will be at its peak during the months of June/July. Carrying on in summer isnt an option by the sounds of it.

Just scrap the fucking lot and start again when it's all over.

As a Liverpool fan, I find it so strange that you’d want the season chalked off?!

1 hour ago, Rick said:

As a Liverpool fan, I find it so strange that you’d want the season chalked off?!

It's obviously not the ideal scenario to win it, you'd much rather them to be able to conclude the season. If things get so bad that they can't finish the season and Liverpool are confirmed as champions though, it's not been 'given' to them. It's been earned and fully deserved. I've no idea what they do about European, relegation and promotion places though.

Not really important in the grand scheme of things though

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's obviously not the ideal scenario to win it, you'd much rather them to be able to conclude the season. If things get so bad that they can't finish the season and Liverpool are confirmed as champions though, it's not been 'given' to them. It's been earned and fully deserved. I've no idea what they do about European, relegation and promotion places though.

Not really important in the grand scheme of things though

I’m not against ending the season as things stand and have play offs for relegation and Europe. My issue is with people calling for the season to be scrapped completely. I’m absolutely against that idea. Not just because of the position Liverpool are in (though I’m not going to deny that I’d be beyond furious if all our hard work this season led to fuck all) but because we have played the majority of the season already, it’s not like it’s 5 games in.

It’s no surprise the likes of West Ham and Spurs are the ones who called for voiding the season, it would be an easy cop out for the shit seasons each have had and they can hide behind this “for the good of people’s health” and end up looking good to the idiot public. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

She did actually say that though. Hate her even more now. 

I meant the 2nd tweet :D

She's only saying that cos it saves West Ham from going down. Probably their best chance of survival. 

Imagine thinking writing the season off is any sort of fair and reasonable solution, let alone the only one xD

The fact is we don't know what's going to happen, or when we're going to be able to play football again. I doubt it'll be the current restart date of April 4th, but it might be as soon as May or June, might not be until next season is supposed to have started. We don't know. Anyone calling for a particular outcome at this stage has an ulterior motive

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I meant the 2nd tweet :D

She's only saying that cos it saves West Ham from going down. Probably their best chance of survival. 

Not sure if it's true, but I've seen on Twitter that West Ham aren't actually allowed to play matches in their stadium after May xD

I don’t mean to be big headed but I’ve solved Football. I don’t want much recognition for this but if The FA are reading, £1m and 2.5% of every TV going forward for the next 50 years will do. 

So, football has been cancelled and big crowds aren’t advisable in these times. That’s fine. We need a resolution to this. E-Sports is growing and is huge, I’m told. People actually want to watch other people play FIFA and stuff like that instead of, y’know, playing it themselves. This got me thinking. 

Get all managers of Premier League and EFL to have cameras set up in their homes and make them play a giant game of Football Manager. You can do one of those network games and we’ll decide football based on this. 

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don’t mean to be big headed but I’ve solved Football. I don’t want much recognition for this but if The FA are reading, £1m and 2.5% of every TV going forward for the next 50 years will do. 

So, football has been cancelled and big crowds aren’t advisable in these times. That’s fine. We need a resolution to this. E-Sports is growing and is huge, I’m told. People actually want to watch other people play FIFA and stuff like that instead of, y’know, playing it themselves. This got me thinking. 

Get all managers of Premier League and EFL to have cameras set up in their homes and make them play a giant game of Football Manager. You can do one of those network games and we’ll decide football based on this. 

I mean, I suggested getting captains of each club to play a FIFA game between their clubs for who they need to play for the rest of the season. I'll take a cut of the commission thanks. 

The FA have to figure which is the most fair. 75% chance the season will not be completed. 

Voiding the entire season. No league title for Liverpool. No one gets relegated and on one gets promoted. 

Or

League positions as they are, are final. Liverpool champions. City/Leicester/Chelsea Top 4. Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth relegated. 

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Too late. 

A couple of NBA teams did this last night, where they streamed themselves online watching their team play the opponents they were supposed to be playing that night. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

@Inti Brian @Smiley Culture beat you to it mate. 

11 hours ago, Rick said:

I’m not against ending the season as things stand and have play offs for relegation and Europe. My issue is with people calling for the season to be scrapped completely. I’m absolutely against that idea. Not just because of the position Liverpool are in (though I’m not going to deny that I’d be beyond furious if all our hard work this season led to fuck all) but because we have played the majority of the season already, it’s not like it’s 5 games in.

It’s no surprise the likes of West Ham and Spurs are the ones who called for voiding the season, it would be an easy cop out for the shit seasons each have had and they can hide behind this “for the good of people’s health” and end up looking good to the idiot public. 

Teams have conditions that have to be met to win trophies and titles. In the premier league you play 38 games. Your position at the end of 38 games determines prize money, european football and relegation. You can't dispense these without the teams getting their 38 games. It would literally be criminal and the league would be taken to court. 

Imagine relegating Villa with a fucking game in hand and safety in reach? 

39 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Teams have conditions that have to be met to win trophies and titles. In the premier league you play 38 games. Your position at the end of 38 games determines prize money, european football and relegation. You can't dispense these without the teams getting their 38 games. It would literally be criminal and the league would be taken to court. 

Imagine relegating Villa with a fucking game in hand and safety in reach? 

Well exactly. I don’t disagree with you on any of that.

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Everyone's going crazy already. Bayer Leverkusen Twitter account is currently playing Connect 4 with Hull City's Twitter account :ph34r::4_joy:

xD 

Watford simulated a game with us on Football Manager. Drew 1-1.

Leyton Orient let their fans choose the team and the manager on FM and, in real life, gave a pre-match team talk for the game xD 

Man City & Southampton played noughts & crosses!

We're bound to see plenty more like that in the next fortnight. I'm here for it!

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

xD 

Watford simulated a game with us on Football Manager. Drew 1-1.

Leyton Orient let their fans choose the team and the manager on FM and, in real life, gave a pre-match team talk for the game xD 

Man City & Southampton played noughts & crosses!

We're bound to see plenty more like that in the next fortnight. I'm here for it!

Southampton and Manchester City stole the tic tac toe idea from us!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Southampton and Manchester City stole the tic tac toe idea from us!

Yes you were the first ever team to play it on Twitter.

In reality you have to scrap it really apart from the cup that's already been won  ..the league title, promotion and relegation is still in the balance, Liverpool might of been 4 games away but they also might not of won another game all season, the wheels was coming off so it has to be scrapped! 

Archived