talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

3 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Liverpool are in a win/win situation really this summer. Either they sign players for massive money, or they sign hidden unknown inports and feel optimstic Klopp can do a Dortmund job on them, or they continute to sign Southampton players like Bertrand, Van Dijk or Gabbidanini that can do a good job anyway.

Klopp had nothing to do with the signings at Dortmund. German clubs have a trainer and a director of football, rather than a manager. Watzke and the development team are the geniuses there.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Klopp had nothing to do with the signings at Dortmund. German clubs have a trainer and a director of football, rather than a manager. Watzke and the development team are the geniuses there.

So none of those players have any reason to respect Klopp because he effectively did nothing for there careers and took all the glory? Ok.

4 hours ago, Tanksie said:

He may not have had as much of a say over who was signed at Dortmund but Klopp was certainly inspirational in their development. The players who played under him have said as much. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Watzke is the club's CEO, he's got nothing to do with signing and developing players. Zorc is the director of football in Dortmund... And of course the head coach still has a say in bringing in new players.

16 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Dear me, a big gamble.

He certainly looks a talented lad but £24m is a big price for someone who isn't really that proven. Bilic is under big pressure to get it right this summer too.

54 minutes ago, nudge said:

Watzke is the club's CEO, he's got nothing to do with signing and developing players. Zorc is the director of football in Dortmund... And of course the head coach still has a say in bringing in new players.

Fuck, mixed them up

Our head coach has no say lol. Too much money would be needed.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Fuck, mixed them up

Our head coach has no say lol. Too much money would be needed.

Just look how we signed Makiadi because Dutt wanted to have him at any cost haha, or how we re-signed Lennart Thy because of Skripnik.

Seriously though, a head coach definitely has a say, more so in some clubs than in others. They usually discuss their preferred players with the sports director and the club management, and they take it from there if it's financially viable. Alex Nouri's new contract reportedly includes him having more power in the club too.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Heard Mendy is to follow. Pep getting the cheque book out and getting his targets early. 

£300m kitty apparently. Ludicrous if they don't win any silverware next season if he spends that much.

• Subscriber

He has got to deliver next year. I have defended Pep a lot but if he can't win some silverware with spending like that then questions need asking of him.

• Subscriber

Rumours that we want FC Lugano of Switzerland's Ezgjan Alioski won't go away. Alioski is a Macedonian international winger, aged 25, who has 17 goals from the wing this season.

I find this one quite intriguing. A lot of our best signings came from the most obscure of places and this would fit right in with that.

Apparently Stoke somehow scratched together 45 Mil for Rooney.... Because that makes sense. Stoke City are going to invest 45 in one player over the hill. If we had that much money to begin with we wouldn't be spending it all on one player. We'd be doing a total rebuild. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

Rumours that we want FC Lugano of Switzerland's Ezjjan Alioski won't go away. Alioski is a Macedonian international winger, aged 25, who has 17 goals from the wing this season.

I find this one quite intriguing. A lot of our best signings came from the most obscure of places and this would fit right in with that.

how much we looking to sign him for?

If it's for a similar price that we got Mahrez for, or even a few million like Gray, then there's no harm in it and worth the gamble. Rather that than spend £15m+ on a winger who only has pace going for him i.e. Musa. 

5 hours ago, Dickie said:

Apparently Stoke somehow scratched together 45 Mil for Rooney.... Because that makes sense. Stoke City are going to invest 45 in one player over the hill. If we had that much money to begin with we wouldn't be spending it all on one player. We'd be doing a total rebuild. 

Given spending in previous transfer windows on the ilk of Imbula, Shaqiri etc. it wouldn't surprise me if Stoke do have fourty five million to spend. But I agree, they wouldn't be spending it all on Wayne Rooney.

i know it's the last thing people want to hear but I think Stoke can still benefit from British no nonsense characters that everybody either hates or doesn't rate. I'm still quite surprised that Lee Cattermole has never ended up at Stoke.

8 hours ago, Dickie said:

I would think Stoke will definitely have those funds if they need them but as has already been said, Rooney isn't the right man and with due respect I'm not sure he'd be all that interested in a move to Stoke.

• Subscriber

Just for fun, this is what SkyBet has down for what is most likely to happen this transfer window. 

Diego Costa stays at Chelsea

Ivan Perisic joins Man Utd

John Terry joins Bournemouth

Alexis Sanchez moves to Bayern Munich

Kyle Walker joins Man City

Zlatan Ibrahimovich stays at Man Utd

Michael Keane joins Man Utd

Ben Gibson joins Chelsea

Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea

Eden Hazard stays at Chelsea

Sergio Aguero stays at Man City

Ryan Bertrand joins Man City

Luke Shaw stays at Man Utd

Joe Hart joins Everton

Ross Barkley stays at Everton

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain stays at Arsenal

Wayne Rooney moves to the Chinese league

Antoine Griezmann joins Man Utd

Chris Smalling stays at Man Utd

Phil Jagielka stays at Everton

Jack Butland stays at Stoke

Cesc Fabregas stays at Chelsea

Kasper Schmeichel stays at Leicester

Troy Deeney stays at Watford

Jack Wilshere stays at Arsenal

Demarai Gray stays at Leicester

Mesut Ozil stays at Arsenal

Virgil van Dijk joins Liverpool

Dele Alli stays at Tottenham

Danny Rose stays at Tottenham

David Silva stays at Man City

Aaron Ramsey stays at Arsenal

Anthony Martial stays at Man Utd

Harry Maguire moves to Tottenham

Gylfi Sigurdsson joins Everton

Charlie Taylor joins West Brom

Peter Crouch stays at Stoke

David de Gea joins Real Madrid

Jamie Vardy stays at Leicester

James Rodriguez joins Man Utd

Riyad Mahrez joins Monaco

Josh King stays at Bournemouth

Daley Blind stays at Man Utd

Kelechi Iheanacho joins West Ham

Michy Batshuayi stays at Chelsea

Willian stays at Chelsea

Andrew Robertson joins Liverpool

Asmir Begovic joins Bournemouth

Fabian Delph joins West Brom

Tom Cairney joins Newcastle

Daniel Sturridge stays at Liverpool

Aaron Mooy joins Brighton

Jay Rodriguez joins West Brom

Gael Clichy joins Liverpool

Iker Casillas  joins Liverpool

Fabinho  joins Man City

Benjamin Mendy joins Man City

Jordan Pickford joins Everton

Vincent Kompany stays at Man City

Thibaut Courtois stays at Chelsea

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

how much we looking to sign him for?

If it's for a similar price that we got Mahrez for, or even a few million like Gray, then there's no harm in it and worth the gamble. Rather that than spend £15m+ on a winger who only has pace going for him i.e. Musa. 

I'd guess about £5mil at the most. I can't see a midtable Swiss side turning that down.

I could be well off here but I saw someone mention his name a couple of times, but nothing reported of late.

Archived