talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

37 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

But we are self funded, you are not ;)  ..we have been set up by some of the best business men in the world and profits to debt, we make more money than man utd or any other English team, top 5 earners in world football  ..look it up!

Come on you know dummy corporations aren't legitimate.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle seem to be stepping up now on the transfer front.

Linked heavily without Ruben Semedo, a centre-back at Sporting Lisbon. I don't know anything about him but it's certainly a position that needs strengthening.

Read that our 'advisors' are meeting with Lacazette's this week. Obviously take everything with a massive pinch of salt but if we managed to get him, thatd be phenomenal for us.

3 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Read that our 'advisors' are meeting with Lacazette's this week. Obviously take everything with a massive pinch of salt but if we managed to get him, thatd be phenomenal for us.

That would be a quality signing, think you need a top striker too, especially if Sturridge goes as it seems he might. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Some LFC sources breaking that we've signed VVD with Salah to follow close after. 

Would be good signings for you without a doubt. Still think there's more work to be done defensively/holding midfielder 

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Would be good signings for you without a doubt. Still think there's more work to be done defensively/holding midfielder 

Agree with that too, I think most of our fand would agree as well. Another left back would be good too because while Milner did well, he's obviously not a natural there and Moreno is crap. I also think we might need another striker because Sturridge and Ings are constantly injured...

Might be too expensive to sort all of our gaps out in a summer... but it would be great if we could.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Agree with that too, I think most of our fand would agree as well. Another left back would be good too because while Milner did well, he's obviously not a natural there and Moreno is crap. I also think we might need another striker because Sturridge and Ings are constantly injured...

Might be too expensive to sort all of our gaps out in a summer... but it would be great if we could.

Yeah not sure you'll be able to get them all in this summer. Milner can do a job for another year. Think centre-mid should be priority. In terms of a striker, do you actually need one? You barely play with an out and out striker, and unless you can get someone like Kane, which is very difficult to do, is there much point spending that money. Lacazette for instance I think would be a waste

41 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah not sure you'll be able to get them all in this summer. Milner can do a job for another year. Think centre-mid should be priority. In terms of a striker, do you actually need one? You barely play with an out and out striker, and unless you can get someone like Kane, which is very difficult to do, is there much point spending that money. Lacazette for instance I think would be a waste

We barely played with a genuine striker last year, but we couldn't kill off bad teams for the most part. Put Sturridge in against West Ham and Middlesbrough and we wiped the floor with them, so we definitely need a striker.

Is Lacazette the answer? Fuck no, but that position should be a priority.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Joyce saying that VVD held talks with Us, City and Chelsea and he's decided he wants to sign for us. Unbelievable. 

Joyce also says the price will be £46m + around £6m in add-Ons if certain silverware is won. 

so just £46m then ;)?

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

so just £46m then ;)?

Probably xD

Im not even sure how I feel about it to be honest? It's a crazy amount of money, but on the positive side... It's a massive statement of intent from Klopp & FSG. 

I cant even remember the last time we competed for a sought after player and got him?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Probably xD

Im not even sure how I feel about it to be honest? It's a crazy amount of money, but on the positive side... It's a massive statement of intent from Klopp & FSG. 

I cant even remember the last time we competed for a sought after player and got him?

very high amount but reflective of the ludicrous transfer market we're in. 

As for the last time you competed, not even Coutinho, Firmino, Mane? Or going back bit further, Luis Suarez?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

very high amount but reflective of the ludicrous transfer market we're in. 

As for the last time you competed, not even Coutinho, Firmino, Mane? Or going back bit further, Luis Suarez?

We had a clear run at all of those players I believe. We certainly weren't competing with big spenders like Chelsea & City. 

I am chuffed with that. Can't even pretend to baulk at the price cause it's just the norm nowadays if you want the best players out there. 

Lacazette would be a lot more useful than people think. Watched some of Lyon last season and I think he's the sort of poaching/ ruthless finisher that we need. Unlike Sturridge he isn't one drop ridiculously deep for the ball. I reckon he would be fantastic in the diamond system Klopp seems to be looking at for next season.

Especially for one who isn't even proven at the highest level, don't think Southampton will be too disappointed with that deal, can bring in a couple of good players for that price.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Unbelievable money for a centre half that.

It is, absolutely crazy. But as Stan said, it's the way the market is. Look at it this way, we'll probably end up paying around the same amount as what City paid for John Stones and I think we can all agree that VVD is a better CB than John Stones. 

Archived