The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Well it's about time we signed someone. 

Be a brilliant signing. Pay him high wages he deserves it after what he's done in his career and on a free transfer......

Don't see any real benefit to signing him. 

"Being good for the kids" is nonsense considering he's pushing someone back by signing. And if you can't learn of a former European cup and Euros winner and one of the best players in his position ever, what is someone as dull as Rooney going to teach you?

I suppose he could use his experience in telling any decent/good young player we have to follow his steps and leave. Could even take up the role of Stubbs and put them in the back of his boot so the fans don't spot him. 

• Subscriber

I don't agree with the whole "pushing back the kids" who said it would be good for the kids???

If a kid is good enough they will feature and be recognised whichever club it's at. Signing any experienced player can't be to blame for holding any 'kid' back. 

1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I don't agree with the whole "pushing back the kids" who said it would be good for the kids???

If a kid is good enough they will feature and be recognised whichever club it's at. Signing any experienced player can't be to blame for holding any 'kid' back. 

Nothing from anyone here, just been said a lot elsewhere. An 'asset' off the pitch etc 

He'll be here on well over £100k a week, our highest ever earner, he's gonna play when he's fit and it's gonna be someone like (depending on where he's gonna play) Calvert-Lewin or Dowell who will be stalled. 

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Rooney returning by the end of the week. He's been withdrawn from the United tour. 

Happy Everton fans?

Most United fans will be happy, recognize what he has done for the club, but it is time for him to go.   Great to get his £250,000 + a week off the books, just hope United are not on the hook for his wages at Everton. 

i don't think you can really turn your nose up at signing Wayne Rooney because of the development of Calvert-Lewin. He's one of the few pros left that can offer a lot to others because of how focused he always is.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Random rumor, did he score against Everton and kissed the United badge in front of the Everton fans (or did it after the game) I remember one of my good mates talking about it.

He did. He got a very hostile reception from Everton immediately after leaving, but things have mellowed now and he's still Everton at heart really. 

Whether he's good enough I'm not sure, if they can reduce his wages to 100k and maybe coax an Indian summer out of him?

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Random rumor, did he score against Everton and kissed the United badge in front of the Everton fans (or did it after the game) I remember one of my good mates talking about it.

Yep, in the 4-2 game at Goodison.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

He did. He got a very hostile reception from Everton immediately after leaving, but things have mellowed now and he's still Everton at heart really. 

Whether he's good enough I'm not sure, if they can reduce his wages to 100k and maybe coax an Indian summer out of him?

He is on 300k now? Only USA or maybe even China can top or equal that. Even 100k for a player that is past his best is too much.

48 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Ahh not sure his return would go down well with then fans then, or is all forgiven and forgotten?

I'd say more aren't that bothered with him any more now that he's crap. 

• Subscriber

Rumours are either a loan signing or a free transfer with United paying some of his wages for the remainder of his deal with them. We would be stupid to bring back someone who's not going to be a key player and pay him the top wage at the club but I trust us not to be stupid, we aren't QPR.

• Subscriber

In other news, 

This one's out of nowhere and that's a big fee. I know nothing about him but I have looked at his goals record and this looks like a very odd move at that price unless he has loads of untapped potential. @Machado thoughts?

Archived