talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

With some games the players are more motivated.

I remember in the 90s during Fergies successful tenure at Utd we did the double over them in two different seasons yet were also losing to teams like Wimbledon and Sunderland.

This is why a borderline psychotic character like Terry in the dressing room can motivate some more players rather than just those up for the glamour game.

No worries people, the manager is negotiating an extended contract.

Pretty poor today with lots to question, including his forecasting exactly what Leeds would do in the match days before, yet unable to manufacture a performance from his multi talented squad to be worthy of the shirt.

Hand on heart, how many of this multi talented squad are playing for him? It's a fair question Todd which should be answered before any new contract is signed.

7 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

No worries people, the manager is negotiating an extended contract.

Pretty poor today with lots to question, including his forecasting exactly what Leeds would do in the match days before, yet unable to manufacture a performance from his multi talented squad to be worthy of the shirt.

Hand on heart, how many of this multi talented squad are playing for him? It's a fair question Todd which should be answered before any new contract is signed.

Who would you replace Tuchel with?

10 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Who would you replace Tuchel with?

I can't replace him now, they have allowed him to spend most of the money and others are still on their way. If Roman was still at the club there was a bigger chance someone new was brought in the summer.

Look I m not alone questioning him. Back end of last season the match day ground was full of stories some of the players have had enough of him. Ok, you can expect all squads to have a few of them, but this didn't go away to this day.

His savior is the take-over. Todd and his disciples have nailed their bollocks to him and allowed him to play the market with their money. Makes him safe for the time being and with talk of a new contract, "nailed" sure is the description.

His presser after the game was embarrassing and his club interview he looked in shock as thou its just dawned on him how wrong he is.

Some might say he is just a goalscorer away from a successful season. We have been saying that about the club since Conte fucked us over.

I would like to see him manufacture some results to the positive so it looks like he knows what he is doing. If he did that those players none believing in him would have less of a strong case. This is something he has lacked for most of his time at the club. What we have plenty of are results not going our way followed by the TT excuse show. Everton away performance was as bad as yesterdays and could have been the same result so we have more evidence of the team not playing for him.

The bottom line is we are saddled with him and he may well prove alot of people wrong which obviously I want to happen. However you know me, I am not going to sit in the stands pretending all is going in the right direction when its obvious to those of us watching live it isn't.

Early days, but a season when we were thinking looking upwards in the table would be our thing, already the evidence is we will be looking the other way unless he pulls his finger out.

Could be worse, we could have your problems. Confident tonight? I need the game to finish in a draw to get a HUGE treble up close to a bag a sand.

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

I can't replace him now, they have allowed him to spend most of the money and others are still on their way. If Roman was still at the club there was a bigger chance someone new was brought in the summer.

Look I m not alone questioning him. Back end of last season the match day ground was full of stories some of the players have had enough of him. Ok, you can expect all squads to have a few of them, but this didn't go away to this day.

His savior is the take-over. Todd and his disciples have nailed their bollocks to him and allowed him to play the market with their money. Makes him safe for the time being and with talk of a new contract, "nailed" sure is the description.

His presser after the game was embarrassing and his club interview he looked in shock as thou its just dawned on him how wrong he is.

Some might say he is just a goalscorer away from a successful season. We have been saying that about the club since Conte fucked us over.

I would like to see him manufacture some results to the positive so it looks like he knows what he is doing. If he did that those players none believing in him would have less of a strong case. This is something he has lacked for most of his time at the club. What we have plenty of are results not going our way followed by the TT excuse show. Everton away performance was as bad as yesterdays and could have been the same result so we have more evidence of the team not playing for him.

The bottom line is we are saddled with him and he may well prove alot of people wrong which obviously I want to happen. However you know me, I am not going to sit in the stands pretending all is going in the right direction when its obvious to those of us watching live it isn't.

Early days, but a season when we were thinking looking upwards in the table would be our thing, already the evidence is we will be looking the other way unless he pulls his finger out.

Could be worse, we could have your problems. Confident tonight? I need the game to finish in a draw to get a HUGE treble up close to a bag a sand.

No I am not confident at all about tonight's game.  Luckily I have to work. I am not as pessimistic as I was after the Brentford debacle,  but its a hard to see a positive result for us here.  It is a good time to be playing Liverpool their struggling and have a lot of injuries.  Most United fans would take a draw if it was offered.

Still think there is a fair chance this is postponed.   There's talk of blocking the team bus.  What's that do to your bet?

Edited by Redcanuck

36 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

No I am not confident at all about tonight's game.  Luckily I have to work. I am not as pessimistic as I was after the Brentford debacle,  but its a hard to see a positive result for us here.  It is a good time to be playing Liverpool their struggling and have a lot of injuries.  Most United fans would take a draw if it was offered.

Still think there is a fair chance this is postponed.   There's talk of blocking the team bus.  What's that do to your bet?

If its called off I believe the treble becomes just a double. I already have a double on the other two legs (I did 3 doubles n a treble) so I am ahead on the lay out. The draw would be nice as everything pays out, but the game off pays too, just not so much. Gives me a small interest in the game at least.

Casemiro is a better signing don't you think? Feels like someone actually put some thought into it.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Chelsea's business hasn't wowed other than playing 60m for a wing back only to try him at center half just seems odd. 

Cucurella has played at LWB? 

The 15 we have got for Emerson is exactly 15 more than anyone thought we would get. The worst defender at the club (Average going forward) and a very unlike Moyes signing. With Sky SN knocking the bollocks out of Aubameyang's Arsenal goal against us at the new highbury over n over these past couple of days highlighting Emerson defending, I am very surprised this West ham deal looks to be coming to fruition.

Talking of Aubameyang. Said to be a done deal? We shall see. CHO's people pushing for a move not a loan, stating they do not believe the manager plans for there player.

I wonder how many will leave before the window closes?

Latest on our end.

- Aubameyang set to be completed. £18m + add ons.

- Both reps from Chelsea and Everton are working on structure of Gordon deal. Lampard wants funds to bring in Che Adams.

- Unlikely Chelsea will bid again for Fofana. 

- Chalobah close to going out on loan with both Milan clubs as suitors. 

- CHO on the verge of joining Bayer Leverkusen on loan with option to buy. 

- Ajax priced out on Ziyech who the club value at £37m

• Upvote 1

Jorginho again out of his depth he is shocking. On the other hand Ruben was again one of our best players on the pitch it is easy to see why he starts even at right back. I'd start him and Mateo in the next as the midfield pair with James on the right and get Ben back in. Cucurella didn't perform well in the last two but can't deny the man has an eye for an assist. Still early days obviously but not good to drop Ben from every game.

EDIT: Mason and Kai were absolutely shocking in the opening four games. Expected it from kai but not from Mason.

Edited by True Blue

Scratchy season so far for Chelsea. Penalty win at Everton, 2-2 against Spurs, thrashed at Leeds and a less than inspiring performance against Leicester with a deflection and a man sent off. Often 10 beat 11 so it was nothing exceptional to beat a struggling Leicester side.

Your performances need to improve.

Think we are lagging in getting in players due to the govt sanctions and Boehly handover meaning we missed targets or were too slow to act. We also had to let players go.

Good thing is we are staying in contention as players like Kovacic come back into fitness and will maybe finalise a couple of last minute transfers.

Strange fixture which made one feel after the game the mad coach should be banished to the stands for all matches as his players showed some true grit to lead and hold onto a lead with just the Ten players without any histrionics on the touchline.

So much to be said, from a goal keeper who I am losing more confidence in after each fixture, to madcap Leicester fans crying the bitch on the radio after the game.

16 for me is a liability who is costing us more on more and its time to try the other bloke again to see if he can hold his career together. I guess we will see the managers answer if 1 disappears on loan. 16 at fault for their goal, beaten at his near post and for me his decision making is for shit. I believe he is a fine shot stopper, that's about it.

Obviously 23 getting a Red so early in the game completely changed what we were about to see. Like every other Blue heart I felt for him as he trudged off the pitch. You can see how much he wants to represent us and while the manager told the truth after the game, I fucking hope he was more positive in 23's ear when he spoke to him. With Palace gagging to have him back I hope he gets the chance to stay so our last memory isn't him leaving the pitch before half time.

With 16 & 23 covered the rest of the players sure ernt their pay cheques and 3 points. I sat in the stand growing more n more confident we would win (with eleven players it looked a sure thing). For the most part because of our players, but Leicester fueling my confidence as they struggled to look anything like past Leicester teams I have seen in the past. While Vardy beat the high line a number of times he obviously has returned to his Fleetwood shooting boots as a Shovel n Cows ass sprung to mind each time he missed. Barnes is a player, and should get out of there first chance he gets.

I want to mention 29 who is getting plenty of stick for lack of goals. His performance at the weekend was whole hearted leading the line as well as any of the real CF we have had in the past which gave space to 17 he might otherwise not found. He worked his socks off and while he didn't get on the scoresheet, he was one of the major reasons we got a positive result. I firmly believe there is a great player in him who knowing our luck, will come to fruition somewhere else.

Talking of 17.. Wow hell of a signing.

Listening to the radio after the game Leicester fans crying the bitch over the decision to award a foul on 16 by Barnes. You won a fucking FA Cup on a bent off side against us so they owe us at least another nine 50/50 calls till u should get one.