talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Can Tottenham Win the Premier League?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Chelsea have been flat track bullies so far in my eyes. They have got some real depth especially in attacking positions though.

I think the depth Chelsea have will prove to be very important this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are champions

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the depth Chelsea have will prove to be very important this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are champions

We wont be anywhere near winning that... And I pour scorn on anyone that says we will... We will be there or thereabouts in the top 4 or 6 but would agree that we probably have a better in depth squad than most which may serve to be useful come the end of the season as other teams wilt a bit. Some players have settled better than others and our lack of creativity with the likes of Ziyech and Pulisic being out periodically will cost us points just like it did against Everton at the weekend where we don't have the creative flair to bring off the bench that changes games.. 

This season we could consider a settling in period and just looking to improve on the season before which we seem to have done... Also I think we should have done a United and thrown our CL group games to finish 3rd so we too could get a much easier set of fixtures in another competition because I think we are going to get proper stiffed in the next round and I don't expect us to survive much longer.. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

We wont be anywhere near winning that... And I pour scorn on anyone that says we will... We will be there or thereabouts in the top 4 or 6 but would agree that we probably have a better in depth squad than most which may serve to be useful come the end of the season as other teams wilt a bit. Some players have settled better than others and our lack of creativity with the likes of Ziyech and Pulisic being out periodically will cost us points just like it did against Everton at the weekend where we don't have the creative flair to bring off the bench that changes games.. 

This season we could consider a settling in period and just looking to improve on the season before which we seem to have done... Also I think we should have done a United and thrown our CL group games to finish 3rd so we too could get a much easier set of fixtures in another competition because I think we are going to get proper stiffed in the next round and I don't expect us to survive much longer.. 

This is extremely low expectations, with what you have spent you should definitely be in top 3 and a title challenge should be there. The conditions are extremely favourable for you this season, you've got comfortably the best squad.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

This is extremely low expectations, with what you have spent you should definitely be in top 3 and a title challenge should be there. The conditions are extremely favourable for you this season, you've got comfortably the best squad.

Not so much a low expectation as a realistic one... Totally agree on the squad being good enough to challenge and agree that with the money spent we should be giving it our all to try and win it however I feel the squad needs a period of time to gel and I have bigger concerns not about the squad or the depth but Lampard's ability to get the best out of them tactically when we are up against it a bit and it's those sorts of games like against Everton for example where we had 72% possession but only mustered 3 shots on target over 90 minutes that's going to cost us points... 

I think we got lucky this weekend with Spurs and Liverpool drawing the gap has remained small and I am still optimistic that we will improve as the games go on where hopefully others might falter... 

Chelsea should absolutely be there or thereabouts come the end with the players they have. If they aren’t, then it’s down to that fatty they have in charge. 

Spurs won’t be winning the league. Rely far too much on Kane and Son, and you’d be surprised if Kane lasts the full season without getting injured. They’re a bastard of a team to break down, but Atletico they are not and I just don’t thing they have the resolve for a full season of constant fighting. 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

They haven’t beaten a team in the top half yet this year 

Yeah but if I say they will win it, it'll jinx them and they definitely won't...

Anyway I hope Spurs do win it, as much as I don't like his style, nobody can deny Mourinho's greatness as a manager..I agree with @Machado to be honest.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Chelsea should absolutely be there or thereabouts come the end with the players they have. If they aren’t, then it’s down to that fatty they have in charge. 

There was no need to get personal was there?? At least Lampard is not blaming injuries on other managers and fixture congestion like that 4 eyed fucker you lot have got... B|

1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah but if I say they will win it, it'll jinx them and they definitely won't...

Anyway I hope Spurs do win it, as much as I don't like his style, nobody can deny Mourinho's greatness as a manager..I agree with @Machado to be honest.

1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

A double jinx never works mate, one cancels the other out.... 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

There was no need to get personal was there?? At least Lampard is not blaming injuries on other managers and fixture congestion like that 4 eyed fucker you lot have got... 

Blaming injuries on what... being joint top of the league and winning our CL group?

Fixture congestion? He hasn't blamed fixture congestion once. He said that playing on a Wednesday night and then being scheduled for the 12.30am fixture on the Saturday isn't fair on the players.. not just Liverpool players... everybody's players.

I wish you would listen instead of going around the forum spouting shite. You keep saying Klopp is making excuses but he hasn't once, in fact he doesn't need to. We are joint top of the league with basically half a squad. What exactly is he making excuses about?

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Blaming injuries on what... being joint top of the league and winning our CL group?

Fixture congestion? He hasn't blamed fixture congestion once. He said that playing on a Wednesday night and then being scheduled for the 12.30am fixture on the Saturday isn't fair on the players.. not just Liverpool players... everybody's players.

I wish you would listen instead of going around the forum spouting shite. You keep saying Klopp is making excuses but he hasn't once, in fact he doesn't need to. We are joint top of the league with basically half a squad.

xD 

You are like a little Piranha... swimming around from thread to thread looking for anything Klopp related and you can't help but have a nibble at it every time... 

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

xD 

You are like a little Piranha... swimming around from thread to thread looking for anything Klopp related and you can't help but have a nibble at it every time... 

Nah, its only you mate. Funny thing is you don't even know what you're talking about xD

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

There was no need to get personal was there?? At least Lampard is not blaming injuries on other managers and fixture congestion like that 4 eyed fucker you lot have got... B|

I’m a fat bastard myself, I’m allowed to say it 😉

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nah, its only you mate. Funny thing is you don't even know what you're talking about xD

What I do know is that no matter who I am replying to or what we are talking about if the word 'Klopp' gets mentioned some little alarm must go off on your phone or PC somewhere and you are straight in there like a flash... You are so defensive about him no matter what's being said.. I could say he makes a shit bacon and egg sandwich and you would be in here defending him.... 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

What I do know is that no matter who I am replying to or what we are talking about if the word 'Klopp' gets mentioned some little alarm must go off on your phone or PC somewhere and you are straight in there like a flash... You are so defensive about him no matter what's being said.. I could say he makes a shit bacon and egg sandwich and you would be in here defending him.... 

He might make a shit bacon and egg sandwich, I don't know.

What I do know is that he hasn't made any of the excuses you keep mentioning in almost every post you make :D

I think that Tottenham have every chance of winning the league this season. They have a very strong team and they have been in impressive form recently. However, we still need to get things into perspective, a third of the season hasn't even been played yet, so there is still plenty to play for. Plus Spurs might be top of the table as we speak, but the chasing pack are hot on their heels. Man United for example who are currently in 8th place and who have a game in hand are only 5 points behind Spurs, while Aston Villa who are in 10th place with two games in hand are only currently 7 points behind Spurs.

So really I'd say that it's all to play for still for many sides in the league. Tottenham though, certainly look to be in very good shape and Mourinho deserves credit for the good results that they have had this season. It looks like there will be several competitors for the league title this season and I would definitely include Spurs among them. 

• Subscriber

Glad to be of service. Worked to perfection. Had this planned all along.

I treble captained Kane as well earlier. Figured with my laughable FPL luck that gave us a huge chance. There's no doubting the hold I have over this league. I just need to strategically use my powers to unleash evil. It's your turn next, Bruno Fernandes.

7 hours ago, Panna King said:

Tottenham will be about 8th if teams behind win their game in hand, so no they will not win the league. 

With about a point between them all. It’s incredibly tight. Spurs probably won’t win it, it’s likely to be Liverpool and Man City at the top again as they have the best managers. 

15 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

With about a point between them all. It’s incredibly tight. Spurs probably won’t win it, it’s likely to be Liverpool and Man City at the top again as they have the best managers. 

and players :D

Archived