talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Can Tottenham Win the Premier League?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For sure... 

With their incredibly effective, cohesive defensive unit and with two world class stars up front I don't see anyone being able to stop them... When you listen to Klopp talking about Liverpool this season they have hardly got any players left that can even kick a ball and the busy fixture list they are under is bound to kill their season at some point so see Spurs being very hard to dislodge from that number one spot now.. 

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

For sure... 

With their incredibly effective, cohesive defensive unit and with two world class stars up front I don't see anyone being able to stop them... When you listen to Klopp talking about Liverpool this season they have hardly got any players left that can even kick a ball and the busy fixture list they are under is bound to kill their season at some point so see Spurs being very hard to dislodge from that number one spot now.. 

xD

I recognise that description 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is this an attempt at the curse? Because I think the curse requires some pretty specific wording.

Spurs can absolutely win it. They have a good squad, a good manager, and are the in form team in England right now.

How long will their unbeaten run last :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fergie? 

He'd have won the same number of CL trophies but with way less favourite sides. Winning a league for Chelsea after 50 years and one for Spurs after 60 would be big no matter the context. They'd be at least on the same level imo.

27 minutes ago, Machado said:

He'd have won the same number of CL trophies but with way less favourite sides. Winning a league for Chelsea after 50 years and one for Spurs after 60 would be big no matter the context. They'd be at least on the same level imo.

Winning Chelsea a league title when you’re backed by Russia is not Goat worthy, regardless of how long it’s been. Winning the league with Tottenham would be massive obviously, but to start waffling about him being a goat because of it and forgetting the work put in by his predecessor to get Spurs to where they are is just stupid. You’d have a point if he’d taken over at Spurs when Poch did.

• The title was changed to Can Tottenham Win the Premier League?
  • Subscriber

I don't know why I want Mourinho to do well because he's a big cunt pretty often but there's a part of me I can't resist that wants to see him win the league one more time because of all of those hot take merchants who have been calling him finished for the past few years (often with good reason but some people have really reveled in it).

For one of the greatest of all time he's also one of the most criticised managers I've ever known. I think the rate of positive/negative opinions you read about him really doesn't reflect what he has achieved in his career, even if a lot of his best moments are a few years behind him now.

I still think Liverpool will win the league again but if not, it certainly could be Spurs.

• Subscriber

Of course they can.

They have to overcome two things though.

One of them is injuries to key players. The other is the mentality, the reputation they have and not letting that get into their heads.

Luckily for them I think they have a manager who can overcome the latter. The former, I'm unsure.

They're so well set though. So well organised and phenomenal on the break. Contrary to quite a few I really enjoy watching them. There's just something really satisfying about grabbing the lead and battling your way to keep that clean sheet. They do it so well.

Archived