• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 1-3 Man City - Sunday 3rd January, 2021

football forum

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't think Christensen is playing? But it was too easy I agree.

These two early goals have really allowed the shackles to come off City. They look so confident now.

If Chelsea don't get a grip, a third will come soon.

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

It was Thiago Silva, shockingly. 

My bad. Chilwell I was looking at. Obviously worried about Sterling as well but not marking either of them and playing both onside

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think so. Chelsea look dreadful.

Yup. This is one of the most expensive teams/squads ever assembled. Doesn’t seem to be able to get any sort of consistency out of them. Out of his depth 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Storts said:

Yup. This is one of the most expensive teams/squads ever assembled. Doesn’t seem to be able to get any sort of consistency out of them. Out of his depth 

Only one way he gets his sides to score goals. Ping it out wide. Ping it in to the box for Giroud. One dimensional. 

Fair play, Pep's pulled an absolute blinder here. Chelsea are bad but he's got the shape of his team spot on to take advantage of their weaknesses and they look like scoring everytime they go forward.

The movement between Sterling, Foden, KDB and Gundogan is sublime. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Only one way he gets his sides to score goals. Ping it out wide. Ping it in to the box for Giroud. One dimensional. 

Yeah, doesn’t help that his £50 million striker couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I don't think Lampard can be expected to get it right immediately with the number of new signings Chelsea have made. Teething problems like this are inevitable. Don't forget Klopp took 5 years to win the league with Liverpool

From a far lower level. Klopp is always mentioned as the ‘give it time’ example but Liverpool were always improving under him. Also, don’t forget, they were always exciting and had real obvious identity. Chelsea are neither of those. The only thing going for Lampard is, who is going to take over? 

@Cicero

Mate, I know it's awful, Lampard deserves a lot of criticism but I say this every time, what's the point of sacking a manager? You choose a manager in the first place because you trust him when it gets tough. For me you look at seasons as a whole, if we continue like this right until the end of the season, then I'd probably say it's deserved.

Just now, carefreeluke said:

@Cicero

Mate, I know it's awful, Lampard deserves a lot of criticism but I say this every time, what's the point of sacking a manager?

Because we are getting progressively worse with each passing game. We are now at a point where there is no fluidity and cohesion in the side with the one dimensional play we continue to see. Our new signings have been mismanaged and the entire team looks devoid of belief. 

4 teams are on course to finish by more than 70 points this season, we are currently on course to finish below 66. Last season's placement. 

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

@Cicero

Mate, I know it's awful, Lampard deserves a lot of criticism but I say this every time, what's the point of sacking a manager? You choose a manager in the first place because you trust him when it gets tough. For me you look at seasons as a whole, if we continue like this right until the end of the season, then I'd probably say it's deserved.

You can’t beat any of your rivals though...how are you expecting to get in the top four come the end of the season? 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-3 Man City - Sunday 3rd January, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived