The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 1-3 Man City - Sunday 3rd January, 2021

football forum

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

Reminder Lampard spent the whole of last season saying how we lost Hazard and had no transfer window. 😂

Then brought a fuck load of attacking players whilst other parts of the team could have been further improved... 

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

From a far lower level. Klopp is always mentioned as the ‘give it time’ example but Liverpool were always improving under him. Also, don’t forget, they were always exciting and had real obvious identity. Chelsea are neither of those. The only thing going for Lampard is, who is going to take over? 

Can't be arsed to continue the wind up, I just really want Chelsea to think he's worth persisting with. Love watching him squirm and love his little interviews where he nobly takes responsibility before immediately saying it's the players' fault xD

One of the consequences of Chelsea's high manager turnover is that there are only so many top level managers they haven't already burnt bridges with. They should've gone all in for Pochettino when he was available

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

They should've gone all in for Pochettino when he was available

Lampard shouldn't of even been hired. Club should've fixed the relationship with Sarri or go after a more experienced progressive manager. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I know it's awful.

What's the point in sacking him though?

Just don't think it's working to be honest. As always though, plenty of sackings just happen when the replacement is sorted. Hence the Bilic sacking off the back of their Man City draw seeming harsh.

The problem is the manner of defeat. Chelsea lose that 2-1 in a gripping game which both sides have a good share, I’d say he’d be ok. But they got brutally exposed by a Manchester City side who haven’t exactly been firing on all cylinders. Man City were brilliant but Chelsea showed tactical naivety.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

@Cicero

Mate, I know it's awful, Lampard deserves a lot of criticism but I say this every time, what's the point of sacking a manager? You choose a manager in the first place because you trust him when it gets tough. For me you look at seasons as a whole, if we continue like this right until the end of the season, then I'd probably say it's deserved.

Very sensible view which I think Arsenal fans in particular should adopt with Arteta but the only thing I would say is Champions League qualification and the thought of missing out on it can be huge and impactful.

That might ultimately be in the back of Roman's thoughts. 

Is there even an ideal replacement around right now seeing as Pochettino is no longer available?

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Very sensible view which I think Arsenal fans in particular should adopt with Arteta but the only thing I would say is Champions League qualification and the thought of missing out on it can be huge.

That might ultimately be in the owners thoughts.

And the fact we spent 250 million. Lot of people are failing to acknowledge that. 

Utter bollocks post match interview from Lampard as per norm. 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-3 Man City - Sunday 3rd January, 2021
Just now, Cicero said:

And the fact we spent 250 million. Lot of people are failing to acknowledge that. 

Utter bollocks post match interview from Lampard as per norm. 

I don't think anyone really need's to mention the money, it's an absolute given.

I don't rate him but who goes in if he does go now? Who would you want?

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-3 Man City - Sunday 3rd January, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived